British Speedway Forum
f-s-p

Finnish News

Season finisher from Pori, the last round of the Kaupunki Cup. Pori won the series, final standings will be updated later.

Pori 24

Jouni Viljanen 221 5

Appe Mustonen 3333 12

Jari Mäkinen 232 7

Forssa I 10

Reima Heikkilä 0100 1

Jari Tapani 11331 9

Kauhajoki 17

Jere Mattila 33032 11

Teemu Mattila 22120 7

Lahti 11

Jukka Nieminen 10012 4

Markku Weckman 01123 7

Haapajärvi 21

Niko Siltaniemi 33313 13

Juho Ruuska 22202 8

Forssa II 6

Johan Ahponen 11211 6

Erä erältä:

1. Mustonen, Viljanen, Tapani, Heikkilä 67,52

2. J.Mattila, Mattila, Nieminen, Weckman 70,35

3. Siltaniemi, Ruuska, Ahponen 67,15

4. Mustonen, Mäkinen, Ahponen 67,49

5. J.Mattila, Mattila, Tapani 70,88

6. Siltaniemi, Ruuska, Weckman, Nieminen 66,59

7. Siltaniemi, Ruuska, Mattila, J.Mattila 66,35

8. Tapani, Ahponen, Heikkilä 74,55

9. Mäkinen, Viljanen, Weckman, Nieminen 67,02

10. Tapani, Weckman, Nieminen, Heikkilä 72,84

11. Mustonen, Mäkinen, Siltaniemi, Ruuska 65,88

12. J.Mattila, Mattila, Ahponen 71,41

13. Weckman, Nieminen, Ahponen 72,42

14. Mustonen, J.Mattila, Viljanen, Mattila 67,85

15. Siltaniemi, Ruuska, Tapani, Heikkilä 66,09

Katsojia 110

Kaupunki Cup final table

PORI ------------6 - 116 - 39 (väh. 1 sarjapiste 24.8.)

FORSSA-------- 6 - 103 - 33

HAAPAJÄRVI -- 6 - 109 - 31 (väh. 1 sarjapiste 8.6.)

KAUHAJOKI --- 6 - 94 - 27

LAHTI ---------- 6 - 77 - 22

FORSSA II ---- 6 - 53 - 13 (väh. 1 sarjapiste 21.9.)

These figures include point deductions from Pori (August 24th, Haapajärvi June 8th and Forssa II September 21st)

Racing wise Finnish season 2008, over and out!

Edited by f-s-p

Vargarna is scouting riders for next season this friday. Three Finns are present in Niko Siltaniemi, Kalle Katajisto and Jari Mäkinen. Siltaniemi and Katajisto were also invited for a similar meeting on sunday at Eskilstuna after the way they performed while riding in Finnish U21 colours against Team Bikab.

Kuljettajat:

1. Robert Johansson

2. Kalle Katajisto FI

3. Niklas Klingberg

4. Dennis Fagerkrantz

5. Antonio Lindbäck

6. Robert Hendersson

7. Robin Aspgren

8. Marckus Andrsson

9. Kim Nilsson

10. Sebastian Carlson

11. Pontus Aspgren

12. Niko Siltanemi FI

13. Jonas Andersson

14. Mikael Max

15. Jari Mäkinen FI

16. Daniel Hendersson

17. Eric Andersson

18. Fredrik Johansson

19. Benny Johansson

20. Christian Agö

Good luck for Katajisto ;) Makinen as you said doesn't show something special in this season. I haven't seen yet Siltaniemi...

Since I'll never hit 50 views per post I might as well stop waiting for it to happen... 48,8 is the current figure and that's almost 30 % increase on last year. What this means to me is that people have been much more interested in Finnish news than in previous years I've kept this. And why wouldn't they, there's been all sorts of Finnish "talents" riding on UK tracks this year.

Nothing much to report anymore from Finland. Except that I won Timo Lahti in a gokart race last friday in their season ending Gokart GP. Even though I took 34 kg of extraweight's on my car :wink: he still wasn't good enough. We wont be doing the race again on a speedway bike though, I'll keep this as one of the positives of my season for good. :lol:

A couple of notes on Finnnish riders in the UK though. Kauko was a star :approve:, Reima is still doing his business as expected :approve: , Aarnio managed a very good debut season :approve: and is looking forward to come back next year. Mäkinen and Keskinen both managed to spend a van load of money without achieving an actual average and Mäkinen has made it clear he plans to come back next season. Havent spoken to Keskinen about his plans though. Laukkanen was there also, maybe he should have sold a couple of apartments just to keep up with the speed for Mildenhall. Kylmäkorpi did OK I guess, what's there to say. Piled up big points from reserve, managed OK even after that but the injuries came again and took their toll. I think it's fair to say that I expected more.

We had an OK+ domestic season too. New blood came through. My ranking for our current U21 riders would be something like: 1. Timo Lahti, 2. Kalle Katajisto, 3. Niko Siltaniemi, 4. Teemu Lahti, 5. Appe Mustonen, 6. Joni Kitala. Timo Lahti gets his 1st position simply because he's the youngest now, just turned 16 halfway to the season. Teemu Lahti is the opposite, he's down to his last season in the U21 I think next year. Mäkinen is missing from the list ince he has nothing to show for himself from this season. Katajisto, Siltaniemi and Mustonen are all pretty even with Mustonen really hitting the jackpot at the Finnish final this season. Hopefully they all have the sense to stay away from UK racing next year. There's a good program going on for their deveploment and in my opinion they should take an advantage of it now. Anyone with a bike and the willingness to travel will get a chance to ride in the UK next season, the later in the year they pick up on it, the better for their progress it will be.

It's now been four weeks from the season finishing Extraliiga meeting, but no-official statement has been made regarding the fact that Jokerit took part with only three riders. It's been almost six weeks since the last 80cc round and no-official statement has been made regarding the cup points given in the series, as there are some inconcistensies with them. I expect all off these to be adressed though early in December, after the national federation get-together (November 22nd) for track racing clubs.

Thats about it for 2008, hope you enjoyed!

Thats about it for 2008, hope you enjoyed!

One of the best bits of the forum :approve:

But what about a review of the Longtrack season and a preview of the Ice Racing one B)

Obvious disappointment that Joonas hasn't managed to challenge Riss for the title.I think that is what Robert Barth was hoping.And i think Lehtinen failed to get into next years GPs :unsure:

And how will Antti and Tommy go this winter? :lol:

Since I'll never hit 50 views per post I might as well stop waiting for it to happen... 48,8 is the current figure and that's almost 30 % increase on last year. What this means to me is that people have been much more interested in Finnish news than in previous years I've kept this. And why wouldn't they, there's been all sorts of Finnish "talents" riding on UK tracks this year.....

........Thats about it for 2008, hope you enjoyed!

I always read your threads/posts re the Finnish riders mainly because I am watching Kalle Katajisto's progress and many Monarchs' fans would love to see Kalle back with us soon.

A big thank you fsp :)

Yes thanks for the update thought the year is Jukka Nieminen Kauko brother ?

Yes thanks for the update thought the year is Jukka Nieminen Kauko brother ?

yeah and what about Jarkko Nieminen ;):P

And is this one of Jari's family in this old video?

Tampere 1977 :lol:

Questions,questions.....

Edited by iris123

And is this one of Jari's family in this old video?

Tampere 1977 :lol:

Questions,questions.....

Jep, thats Jari's dad Rauli on the number three bike. You should grow a beard like the one fellow on the green MP-leathers (not 11, thats Olavi Turunen) and have the birds falling on your lap... Now get lost from my thread! :wink:

The track that they are riding on is the old Hippos. Currently under a highway between Hakametsä ice rink and TAYS (the big university hospital of Tampere).

He's not greg.

EDIT:The fellow with the very handsome beard is actually Pekka Kortelainen. I saw him yesterday and naturally had to comment this to him. Quite rightly he put me to shame and said it was the only way to have a beard at the time. LOOKED DAFT THOUGH if you ask me! :lol:

Edited by f-s-p

Kiitos F-S-P for another year of unrivalled coverage of the Suomi Speedway scene! As other forum members have stated it is much appreciated and the news you post is always entertaining and informative....and certainly more interesting than German Speedway news! :wink: (sorry Iris 123)!

Will look forward to more of the same next year as well as your usual in depth coverage of the Finnish Ice Speedway happenings. Lets just hope the weather will be cold enough for some meetings to actually be staged this winter. Might be able to make it over in February for some Espoo Blues Jaakiekko action(maybe v Tappara??!) and it would be cool if there was some spike racing on at the same time :rolleyes:

My wish for 2009 in Finnish Speedway is that the fixtures will be out before May so I can plan a summer trip to a League meeting! Probably more chance though of me winning the EuroMillions lotto and using the winnings to stage a SGP in Helsinki with Kauko Nieminen and Tommi Reima as wildcards!! :lol::lol:

....and certainly more interesting than German Speedway news! :wink: (sorry Iris 123)!

How much is he paying you? :wink:

How much is he paying you? :wink:

More than I'm paying you! :lol:

More than I'm paying you! :lol:

:cry::lol: