British Speedway Forum
iris123

Danish News 2008

Match abandoned after heat 12, due to (you guessed it) rain.

At least it wasn't a totally wasted trip, iris123!

No.Bloody cold and wet journey back though.Glad that is it for this season.But it wasn't that bad a meeting.Scotty looked pretty good.All the way there though i was thinking 'Just turn around and go home and watch it on the internet'.It was only because the traffic back to Hamburg was murder that i carried on :lol:

Yes, I watched the Danish DK4 internet feed. Not very impressive.

Too much long-distance shots of the racing, no captions saying which riders were in each heat, no caption of the results for each heat. And most of the pits interviews seemed to have been carried out BEFORE the meeting.

Good quality feed though, and I didn't get wet watching it.

Is Vojens the Danish for Manchester?

This must have been the most expensive "challenge" match ever. Was is all sponsored? or were they hoping for a massive crowd to pay for it?

This must have been the most expensive "challenge" match ever. Was is all sponsored? or were they hoping for a massive crowd to pay for it?

I think Ole & Jacob have a lot of backing and big plans for Vojens.It is the start of a new era there i think.Up into the Danish Superliga next year with a team including Hans,Kenneth and Nicolai Klindt.Plus he has mentioned big meetings being held there.Big Open meetings such as this one as well as Official meetings.Plus the chance of 2 GPs in Denmark

And i have to say despite the typical poor Vojens weather,the crowd was pretty big.Not sure what the official attendance was,but it looked at least 6,000?edit:Just seen on the Holsted site 8,000 att.Very good for that sort of weather

Fotos from Vojens,Denmark v ROW

Edited by iris123

iris123, having looked at your excellent photos, and seen her being interviewed on DK4 last night, I nominate Nanna Jorgensen as the best looking rider of 2008. In fact, no one else comes close.

I think the bloke in the photo with her might have shaved first, though! :blink:

By the way, did the programme describe the match as a Test Match or as an international challenge match?

iris123, having looked at your excellent photos, and seen her being interviewed on DK4 last night, I nominate Nanna Jorgensen as the best looking rider of 2008. In fact, no one else comes close.

I think the bloke in the photo with her might have shaved first, though! :blink:

By the way, did the programme describe the match as a Test Match or as an international challenge match?

You're right on both counts there with Nanna and Danishwebmaster :lol:

Mmm difficult one.The programme is all in Danish,so i haven't found any description other than "Danmark mod Resten Af Verden"i.e Denmark v Rest of the World.But i will be sending you a copy of the (bit weather beaten) cover shortly ;)

I've been looking at the Division One Final table and there appear to be several (17 infact) match points missing. Looking at the results it's 3 points for a win, 2 for second and one for third.

With 28 matches that should give 6 x 28 = 168 points, but the league table only shows 151!

Can anyone more familiar with Danish League speedway possibly explain this discrepancy?

I can add that in Division 2 table there are also some points missing

Hi Arnieg and Vicar,

The missing points has been withdrawn from the teams as fines.

An example is when a team only brings 4 riders there will be a fine of 1 matchpoint.

On top of this there is also a financial fine.

See you

Peter

Hi Arnieg and Vicar,

The missing points has been withdrawn from the teams as fines.

An example is when a team only brings 4 riders there will be a fine of 1 matchpoint.

On top of this there is also a financial fine.

See you

Peter

Thanks for confirming my guess

Arnie