British Speedway Forum
Bryn

Aussie Champs Line Up

Thanks for updates :D

Same from me - guess Lunchy will now be off to legendary The Blue Room - well he will be if he's got any sense! :wink::lol:

Same from me - guess Lunchy will now be off to legendary The Blue Room - well he will be if he's got any sense!  :wink:  :lol:

But it looks like his drinking time is limited Bryn. That was a late finish.

I suspect the boys will find somewhere open all night!!! :D

Hope someone will be able to update us on Travis's condition as soon as known.

Thanks to all who kept us updated today. Radio freemantle is great but obviously still struggling. Broadcasting from a mobile phone on a bank in the open air.

These promoters have really got to get their acts together. Do they not realise the audience this show reaches and how much of an influence they can have in persuading us in the pro's and con's of attending such events!!! :(

Was hoping Screenie was going to win this. Many thanks for the updates

Travis down hard in the B final, really nasty, crowd gone very quiet.....

trav took a really nasty fall on the third bend and was unconscious on the track for about 5 mins, regain consciousness on the track and was taken off to hospital for check up. wish him well

Well done to Noddy for another superb round

TST

Courtesy of The Mildura Independent newspaper;

McGowan crashes hard - Holder wins easily

Thursday, 03 January 2008

Mildura Speedway rider Travis McGowan was rushed to hospital for X-rays and treatment after a spectacular crash in the B Final of the second round of the Australian Speedway Solo Championships at Gilman racing in Adelaide Wednesday night.

McGowan, who started from gate three in the B final went wide on the second bend and found himself heading quickly towards the outside fence.

At the last second McGowan attempted to jump off the back of the bike but it collided with the fence and swung him around as he hit the outside fence backwards.

McGowan collapsed on the track as there was instant silence from the large crowd in attendance and two ambulance crews raced to the accident area.

The Mildura rider lay unconscious on the track surface for about four minutes before he opened his eyes and spoke to paramedics.

The crowd had been silent to that time and a minute later the commentator made an announcement to say that McGowan had regained consciousness.

Event organiser David Tapp went to where McGowan was lying to assess the situation and was told that McGowan had regained consciousness, was aware of the situation but indicated that his shoulder was sore.

He was placed on a stretcher and while in great pain, was conveyed to the Adelaide Hospital with the ambulance leaving some 13 minutes after McGowan had hit the fence.

Officials said that he had been taken to Hospital as a precautionary measure.

Racing did not resume until 12.05am Eastern time with Fred Lindgren bursting to the front in the B Final to gain a break and beat Cameron Woodward, who was second and Filip Setera from the Czech Republic third.

Setera had made an amazing recovery after a spill earlier in the night when he was challenging Lindgren for the lead in heat 13 and clipped the outside fence and fell.

The accident happened on the last bend when he was attempting a wide pass to gain maximum points and the other three riders went by to finish.

Woodward scrapped into the B Final with a gallant win in heat 18 after much to everyone's surprise Setera had re-appeared after the fall and won heat 17.

In heat 19 Woodward's luck held as fellow Mildura rider Tom Hedley got passed Aaron Summers to prevent him scoring points.

Summers had seven points coming to his ride and a second would have put him ahead of Woodward in the B Final and one point would have forced a count back.

Batchelor got the fourth position in the final ahead of Lindgren, whom he beat in an earlier heat

In the A Final Chris Holder, although defeated by Jason Doyle in heat 20, got the jump from gate one and was always a couple of bike lengths in front.

A FINAL: Chris Holder (NSW) 1; Troy Batchelor (Qld) 2; Joe Screen (England) 3; Jason Doyle (NSW) 4.

B FINAL: Fredrik Lindgren (Sweden) 1; Cameron Woodward (Mildura) 2; Philip Setera (Czech Republic) 3. Travis McGowan (Mildura) fell.

MEETING POINTS: Chris Holder (NSW) 14 pts; Joe Screen (UK) 13; Jason Doyle (NSW) 12; Troy Batchelor (Qld) 10, Fredric Lindgren (Sweden) 10pts, Filip Setera (Sweden) 9 pts, Travis McGowan (Mildura) 9pts, Cameron Woodward (Mildura) 8pts, Aaron Summers (SA) 7 pts, Robert Ksiezak (SA) 6pts; Cory Gathercole (Mildura) 5pts, Tyron Proctor (Vic) 5 pts, Tom Hedley (Mildura) 4pts, Trevor Harding (WA) 4pts, Lee Herne (NSW) 3 pts, Josh Grajczonek (Qld) 1pt.

OVERALL POINTS (After two rounds); Chris Holder 40, Troy Batchelor 33, Cameron Woodward 32, Fredrik Lindgren 31, Joe Screen 29, Travis McGowan 29, Filip Setera 27, Jason Doyle 27, Cory Gathercole 21, Aaron Summers 20, Robert Ksiezak 20, Tyron Proctor 14, Trevor Harding 9, Josh Grajczonek 8, Lee Herne 7, Tom Hedley 6,

Now listening to the achive coverage on Fremantle, I had to go out this morning.

Just heard that Declan Adams had a ride on his new lil speedway bike, I wonder if he'll end up a chip of the block haha

Also a good win from the back in the support race by "our man" Smith (now I wonder if he wants to stay Kozza or should we call him Citizen ;) or perhaps Foxy hehehe ) ...........

Love the enthusiasm of the commentator Chris Seaward :approve:

Edited by Trees

Now listening to the achive coverage on Fremantle, I had to go out this morning.

Just heard that Declan Adams had a ride on his new lil speedway bike, I wonder if he'll end up a chip of the block haha

Also a good win from the back in the support race by "our man" Smith (now I wonder if he wants to stay Kozza or should we call him Citizen ;) or perhaps Foxy hehehe ) ...........

Love the enthusiasm of the commentator Chris Seaward  :approve:

Where have you found the link to the meeting?

Have looking through the archive.

HELP!

Thanks

/ Mikael

Where have you found the link to the meeting?

Have looking through the archive.

HELP!

Thanks

/ Mikael

Mikael -

if you go to the archive section and then click on Wednesday 18:00 Jazz I think you will find it there.

I dont think the have a facility to change the programme type on the archive section so its best to go along wit the time rather than the programme name.

It goes into the next programme too Mikael ok .............

The coverage was well over 4 hours long lol

Edited by Trees

Morning all! :D

A marvellous night of racing in front of an appreciative and knowledgeable Crowd, marred only by Travis's fall - looked very nasty but he was awake after a few minutes of deathly silence from the crowd and fingers crossed he's ok although he may be doubtful for round 3 at Mt Gambier on Saturday. Promoter/Announcer/Chief Spruiker David Tapp did a great job keeping everyone informed without inflaming the situation. :approve:

Other than that a great evening and a marvellous advertisement for Oz Speedway in general and the Gillman club in particular. The meeting went off with hardly a pause from the moment the great white ball in the sky (thats the Sun, for all you Poms - remember?) dipped below the horizon at about 8:30 - over three dozen action-packed races in classes from peewees thru juniors and up-and-comers right up to the main event.

Joe Screen turned on a masterclass in Entertainment with a Capital "E" - fully justifying the decision to invite him out here. Gillman is a true racer's track and it was a joy to watch Joe come to grips with the many racing lines it offers. After an opening race third to the incredible Chris Holder, whose winning time of 56.60 was only milliseconds off the lap record held by The Man From You-Know-Where, his heat 7 battle with Troy, Jason and Freddie was a delight to behold, and he just got better from then on. The evening was significantly cooler and that seemed to help - he had to work hard to stay warm, a big change from Mildura where he threatened to end up as a puddle of sweat! He'll really enjoy the highly-banked sweeping bends of Mt Gambier. :rolleyes:

Best heat of the night IMHO was Heat 14 where Cam, Travis, Jason & Trevor battled it out over four action-filled laps, places changing hands throughout until Jason pulled away on the last circuit.

After the long wait the two finals were both gripping affairs well worth the price of admission. Troy tried his guts out in the "A" but Chris is just too good around Gillman, while in the "B" Cam's determination nearly paid off, but Freddie's class kept him in front.

I hope I haven't made you too jealous (heh, heh!). Congratulations to Lunchy and Ron not forgetting Aussiegal over in Little Britain for keeping youse all informed; I did me best but alas I'm embarrassed to admit I was unable to drink the track dry.:oops:

if you start saving now we'll see ya next year!

Seeya! BFD. B)

Edited by BigFatDave

Joe Screen turned on a masterclass in Entertainment with a Capital "E" - fully justifying the decision to invite him out here.

I bet he was WELL DETERMINED to show everyone, he's fiecely patriotic is Joe ;)

Have to agree with BFD, great meeting and the leg trailing of Screen was worth watching alone.

Not always close racing up front but great dices in the packs.

Roll on the Mount.

Chopper

Sounds like a great meeting held at Parker Park last night, i hope Moose is well on the way to a speedy recovery.

Well done to Noddy 2 from 2 and in the words of Leeroy Redmond YEH BABY!