British Speedway Forum
Bryn

Aussie Champs Line Up

Awwwwww would have loved to have witnessed that final!!!

Huge congratulations to Chris, commiserations to Batch, he would have wanted that one badly ................

Thanks to Radio Fremantle, one way or the other we have got the updates from the meetings, can't be bad!

What an outstanding performance by Chris over the 5 Rounds.

Very well done to all the competitors and thanks for the updates and all the info here and on the Live Updates site.

Crouch. :D

Five rounds, five wins - simply magnificent from Noddy! Axss I said, from the first time I saw him in action Down Under before he came over here, I could see he was going to be something special! Oh how I wish I was out in Oz right now - would be sinking a few Bundies in the Holder camp for sure! :wink:

Good showings from some of the other young 'uns too - roll on next year - I WILL be there! :lol:

Do you think you will have room in the suitcase for a not so little one Bryn?

I so want to be there!

So does anyone have the final standings, did Screen keep third place overall or dropped down?

Guest Schumi
So does anyone have the final standings, did Screen keep third place overall or dropped down?

Yes he did keep 3rd.

Final Championship Series points: Chris Holder 100, Troy Batchelor 86, Joe Screen 78, Cameron Woodward 77, Fredrik Lindgren 77, Jason Doyle 73, Filip Sitera 57, Robert Ksiezak 48, Cory Gathercole 44, Tom Hedley 37, Aaron Summers 36, Josh Grajczonek 32, Travis McGowan 29, Trevor Harding 28, Tyron Proctor 27, Lee Herne 26, James Holder 20, Richard Sweetman 10

http://www.gillmanspeedway.com/release.asp?NewsId=26013

Holder, Batchelor and Woodward through to the GP qualifiers as a result of these meetings.

Yes he did keep 3rd.

Was close in the end though!

Congratulations to Chris Holder.Fabulous result,5 rounds 5 wins.Superb effort,no matter who you are.

Many Thanks to Rabbit for keeping me updated while trying to work.Got a big cheer on the shopfloor when I told everyone.

Wearing my Holder cap with pride.

A huge welcome is assured here in Poole,come March.

Can we start the season now please. :lol:

Guest Sir Lunchalot

My apologies if anyone tried to ring / text me tonight, my mobile phone decided tonight was the night it would pack it in so I was zero help (probably no change from normal I hear people say). Arrived back at "Chez Rons" and following a special bundy decided to sneak a quick peep at the forum at 1:30 'ish. The A final was a belter, it was sheer willpower that got Chris Holder past Troy Batchelor, how Chris does what he does I will never know. Running four lap heats certainly tested man & machine and I can sympathise with those riders that shed chains on the last lap.

From my point of view the only downside was the time it took to run the meeting, it kicked off at 7:30 and didn't finish till about 11:20. We had freestyle motocross displays, a delivery van powered by a Rolls Royce jet engine, multiple track grades, fireworks in the middle of the meeting (?) and somewhere in that lot we somehow managed 20 heats and two finals of speedway. The Travel Plus tours people had to leave before the finals due to a bus driver curfew and I believe they were well displeased. I know the organisers strive for a "total entertainment package" but nearly four hours for a speedway meeting ?

And some fans over here want to get meetings over and done with as soon as poss, promoters can't win can they .......... lol

My apologies if anyone tried to ring / text me tonight, my mobile phone decided tonight was the night it would pack it in so I was zero help (probably no change from normal I hear people say). Arrived back at "Chez Rons" and following a special bundy decided to sneak a quick peep at the forum at 1:30 'ish. The A final was a belter, it was sheer willpower that got Chris Holder past Troy Batchelor, how Chris does what he does I will never know. Running four lap heats certainly tested man & machine and I can sympathise with those riders that shed chains on the last lap.

From my point of view the only downside was the time it took to run the meeting, it kicked off at 7:30 and didn't finish till about 11:20. We had freestyle motocross displays, a delivery van powered by a Rolls Royce jet engine, multiple track grades, fireworks in the middle of the meeting (?) and somewhere in that lot we somehow managed 20 heats and two finals of speedway. The Travel Plus tours people had to leave before the finals due to a bus driver curfew and I believe they were well displeased. I know the organisers strive for a "total entertainment package" but nearly four hours for a speedway meeting ?

Thus cutting down too on special Bundy time at Chez Ron too eh Lunchy? :rolleyes:

The meeting sounded ridiculously too long.

What was the crowd like? Decent?

Well done to those who brought us the updates, and BIG well done to the current Poole second string who swept all before him in every round. :approve:

Chris Holder. Australian Champion.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

"And he walked up to me and he asked me if I wanted to dance. He looked kinda nice and so I said I might take a chance...and then he kissed me."

Am I listening to the right thing? :unsure:  :D

Well, if it's the Crystals, you're listening to a fantastic song - one of the best ever.

And Chris Holder could be one of the best ever - what a fantastic rider. A shame I'll probably not get to see him live this coming season - one of those riders you've just got to see, if you've half a chance. When the Pirates visit your track this coming season, make sure you're there and tell your friends.