British Speedway Forum
Bryn

Aussie Champs Line Up

Dam you get around BFD I have always wanted to go to PCR to see the

"The things with wings"

Back to the Solos Well done to Noddy he really has come of age as the next best thing look out the GP circuits!

Also to Cam 3rd Aussie always over shadowed by Chris and Troy but he is one to watch.

Arron Summers & Tom Hedley look out for them in the next couple of years.

Well its all over now and a few weeks break then the build up to the Aussie Sidecar Title looking like we may have a couple of Britts over for the quail fly meeting maybe riding local bikes!

Coming down for that one BFD The

Royal arms beckons!

Dam you get around BFD I have always wanted to go to PCR to see the

"The things with wings"

Well its all over now and a few weeks break then the build up to the Aussie Sidecar Title looking like we may have a couple of Britts over for the quail fly meeting maybe riding local bikes!

Coming down for that one BFD The

Royal arms beckons!

Alas I've gotta work, cobber. Gotta feed the faithful guard beasts; put tucker on the table; try & flog a coupla me utes, the HQ and the WB; think about rebuilding the '62 Galaxy; work on me new ute - Hilux 3.0 litre Diesel - the Canopy & Bullbar should be done by the time I get back, fingers crossed; restock the ******* beerfridges after me neighbours got stuck into 'em during the Cyclone; lose weight (Hah!); I think that just about covers it. Oh, and I might hafta see the Quack for a quick once-over after last night's little extra-curricular excursion, just checkin'! :lol:

No, I'm stuck up here for a while, plus I'm not sure if I'm allowed down South again too soon, my Visa runs out tomorrow! :rolleyes:

Sprintcars were excellent, if you Pomgolians've never seen 'em you're missing out.

Best you get http://www.historicspeedway.com/ up your way BFD, I'll bring spiderweb on mi pit crew........ Wayne Mounk says he would love to take out a newby on his sidecar..... So I'v put Lunchy's name foward. B) .......

FD V Lunchy 08/09!

Regards.

Alas I've gotta work, cobber......... 

No, I'm stuck up here for a while, plus I'm not sure if I'm allowed down South again too soon, my Visa runs out tomorrow! :rolleyes:

But I guess the ones that count were!!  But who cares, Leigh's name is down in aussie speedway history for all time just as Chris's is, in 100 years time only the rider's name on the trophy will get noticed I guess ................

Can't argue with that either.

Just thought of two more, Sullivan & Lemon. In theory thats three quarters of arguably the strongest possible line up (not counting foreign guests) missing............

Guest Sir Lunchalot
Can't argue with that either.

Just thought of two more, Sullivan & Lemon. In theory thats three quarters of arguably the strongest possible line up (not counting foreign guests) missing............

I know where you are coming from but if you were here for the titles it's undeniable that Chris Holder has "it", that indescribable quality that separates the champions from the rest. I'd go as far to say that Adams & Crump would be the only ones that would have beaten him, he was that good and that impressive. In the final at Sydney it was sheer willpower that got him to the front, nothing else.

Again I agree that Noddy has 'it', he's a special talent. And he probably would have been challenging for a rostrum place in a full field.

Doesn't alter the fact that it was a very watered down championship though!

And get off your high horse while you are at it  :blink:

No, I won't be doing that - sorry.

Would you have made the same posting if Batchelor had won it?

Don't think so. ;)

Crouch.

Actually Crouch, knowing Bagpuss, he would .............. don't want you thinking that Lynn fans didn't thoroughly enjoy the exploits of your number 1 at Saddlebow Road over the last 2 years, 99.9% of us did :approve: Don't think any of us would poopoo his racing talent!

Actually Crouch, knowing Bagpuss, he would .............. don't want you thinking that Lynn fans didn't thoroughly enjoy the exploits of your number 1 at Saddlebow Road over the last 2 years, 99.9% of us did  :approve:  Don't think any of us would poopoo his racing talent!

:D

I can name the 0.1% lol

Edited by Trees

I know where you are coming from but if you were here for the titles it's undeniable that Chris Holder has "it", that indescribable quality that separates the champions from the rest. I'd go as far to say that Adams & Crump would be the only ones that would have beaten him, he was that good and that impressive. In the final at Sydney it was sheer willpower that got him to the front, nothing else.

Were Chris' family at any or all of the tracks to see him take the title?

Bet they were proud of him!

So looking forward to seeing him every week at Poole. Such a talent and only 20 years old.

Glad Troy and Cameron also reached the GP Qualifiers.

Thanks for all the posts, you guys!

I believe in the old saying, you can only beat whos out there, and as the others werent there, tough.

Same can be said of different eras, where the talent hasnt been as strong.

Chris stamped his authority on the series and was a deserving winner.

My rider of the series and bear in mind i only saw the first three, was Joe Screen, i have talked to people that were at gillman that were blown away with his riding and that included me.

I hope the 350s get a bigger billing next year, 5 rounds 8 riders with finals at each round with a series winner would be good, and maybe some sponsorship to off set some of the costs.

Cheers Chopper

Chris stamped his authority on the series and was a deserving winner.

My rider of the series and bear in mind i only saw the first three, was Joe Screen, i have talked to people that were at gillman that were blown away with his riding and that included me.

Cheers Chopper

Good news Chopper, Joe will be back next year, plus he's seriously thinkin' of movin' out here, probably to Little Britain.

Rooboy'll be here too, so what with Chris & Troy that'll be a good heat!

Good news Chopper, Joe will be back next year, plus he's seriously thinkin' of movin' out here, probably to Little Britain.

hey BFD

do you know if Joe's riding at Pinjar Park while he's over here?

hey BFD

do you know if Joe's riding at Pinjar Park while he's over here?

I do know he's sold his Zebra-striped Kevlars! :lol:

Last night sort of vanished in a Bourbon & Crown Lager Haze! :o