British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BOBBATH

Mike Keen

The thread about Frank Shuter made me think of Mike-anyone know how Mike is -does he still run the garage in Minety??

The thread about Frank Shuter made me think of Mike-anyone know how Mike is -does he still run the garage in Minety??

I believe so, he's definitely still around and in reasonable fettle.

Was chatting to Keener and Martin Ashby on the terraces at Blunsdon couple of months ago..both nice modest geezers .

That's great good for them-does anybody see another name from that era around-I'm thinking of Bob Kilby

That's great good for them-does anybody see another name from that era around-I'm thinking of Bob Kilby

Don't forget guys like Clive Hitch and Pete Munday...

Steve

Killer is at Blunsdon most Thursday during the season.

Bob Kilby is in charge of the Swindon Sprockets junior side. Took over from Wellie last season.

Yes what about Clive Hitch(recall him at Middlesbro in 1964) and Pete Munday anyone know how they are doing.

Hitchy was one of my favourites, a real battler....partner to the great Briggo in the late 60s . Heard he has ill health now .

Pete Munday always seemed to score a maximum in the wet...last I heard he was living in his native Southampton area , in the motor trade , although i'm sure Rob Bamford will inform if incorrect .

Keener still lives in Upper Minety , Killer in the Swindon area .

Martin Ashby still has his motor cycle repair business in Marlborough .

Barry Duke still lives in Penhill ,stilll attends the Abbey .

Broady is a regular ,still lives locally has a building business .

The great man Briggo attends the occasional meeting .

Don't know about Pete Jackson though ?

Great team and great characters...half were local lads who took great pride in wearing the Robin , and the last team to bring the title to Wiltshire 40 years ago .

Edited by keef

Keef, thank you for a wonderful post-sorry to hear about Clive Hitch-he was also member of the PL championship winning Rayleigh Rockets in 1960-then used to travel all the way to Middlesbrough with John Fitzpatrick for the Bears-I think Fitz packed it up around then.I recall Pete Munday doing well in the wet-didn't Barry Duke have a bout with cancer a few years ago-may be mistaken on that.

Don't know about Pete Jackson though ?

He's working as a welder for oil company, living in Essex . . .

Any news about Barry Duke??

Any news about Barry Duke??

Saw Barry in August at the Isle of Wight Steam Show. He was performing in a Motorcycle Stunt Troupe. His son was in it as well.

Saw Barry in August at the Isle of Wight Steam Show.

Thanks for that - Ive found info about Barry here -

www.ottstuntteam.co.uk