British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jblanch69

How do you spell Knutson in as in Bjorn. Correctly?

A prize for the correct answer. Also, in 1963 the world champion Ove Fundin was defeated during the course of the night 3 times, twice in the match and in the second half final at New Cross by the same ride. Another prize for the person who can get this right. Ove is going to kill me for this. ;)

Also, in 1963 the world champion Ove Fundin was defeated during the course of the night 3 times, twice in the match and in the second half final at New Cross by the same ride. Another prize for the person who can get this right. Ove is going to kill me for this. ;)

What match was that then? New Cross were in the Provincial League in 1963. Also Ove wouldn't have been the World Champion in 1963 as Peter Craven won in 1962.

You have to be sure of your facts with Norbold lurking around this forum Jim. :D

Ove Fundin did win in 1963 though, so maybe it was after that.

So far as I remember Bjorn Knutsson rode for Southampton and West Ham

According to Bjorn himself his surname has only one 's' and I guess the guy should know.... :approve:

That is very unusual in a Swedish surname to have only one "s". Is the Ove Fundin site your one JB?

Though Norbold cannot spell Bjorn Knutson correctly ever, to my knowledge. Though in fairness he is not alone by any means. According to Bjorn himself his surname has only one 's' and I guess the guy should know.... :approve:

Why didn't he ever tell the West Ham programme compiler then?

Anyway, Newbold I need some help on a career appraisal for him for the web site. I have some information that he has faxed me but there are quite a few gaps. What do you think? Naturally, I would give you a credit it for it on the site.:oops:

Cheers,

Jim

http://www.ove-fundin.com

http://freespace.virgin.net/barry.briggo/index.htm

http://freespace.virgin.net/mirac.moore/index.htmhttp://freespace.virgin.net/pete.craven/index.htm

Yes, I would be happy to help Jim. The only problem is, is that I am just about to jet off to the Antipodes for a month. If you can wait I'll do it when I come back.

Actually, come to think of it, I did write a short appraisal a little while back on the old Forum. Maybe Phil could find it for you...if you ask nicely ;-)

Now then, back to the Ove Fundin question. Are you talking about the meeting on 28 June 1961? Our Split did indeed beat Ove twice in the match and once in the second half, but Ove did have his revenge in the second half final, beating Split in to second place.

But it was one of those all too rare occasions down the Old Kent Road when Split showed something of the form that took him to the runner-up spot twice in the World Championship in the early 50s. He scored a paid maximum that night. Happy days!

Jim good to see you on here. Can you email me Bjorn Knutson details. Both me and my dad would like to contact him. He bought me my first jacket when I was christened.

Robert Andrews

OK Newbold, I will use that one if I may :)

Yes, It was that night. I do not remember the date as I think I was about 11 at the time.

Yes, of course you can use it. But stop confusing me with Liontamer... :roll:

I was there that night too, I would have been 14. Perhaps we met by the Supporters' Club kiosk or in the stands or by the fence or......

Keep up the good work with the web sites. Who's next?