British Speedway Forum
whowasthatberntpersson

2008 Australian Under 16 Speedway Championships

justins bike blew while in second thats why he crashed

Ta Muchly, graffix!

Interesting seeing Arthur's sponsor - Phil "Crazy" McKay - ex-King of Darwin (sidecars)!

Well done young Authur, word from my source said he was streets ahead and the big track was made for him.

Im told the meeting was marred by a dismal effort from the referee, who made atleast three blatantly wrong calls and even was persuaded to change a right decision he had made in a heat which cost Branford any chance.

Very poor from what im hearing.

Junior

[

Interesting seeing Arthur's sponsor - Phil "Crazy" McKay - ex-King of Darwin (sidecars)!

Well he he is a good judge of character !

justins bike blew while in second thats why he crashed

Knowing his familiarity with the "crash through or crash" style so beloved by the Sedgy Clan and remembering his duels with Arthur at the Gillman round of Ozchamps I can visualise it easily. :rolleyes:

Hopefully he didn't hit a Pole(Nudge, Nudge, Wink, Wink, say no more :D ) and will be back at Milly in time to cheer you on in the Under-21's!! ;)

Ha, Ha, dont know about the rocket, but bieng 20 kilos lighter than most helps, add 20 kgs on to make it even, then add another 20kg to give him the handicap others run under and things might be closer.

Maybe it needs to be considered.

(Tounge in cheek)

Junior

He might get more drive and be even faster.... :lol:

Regards.

Ha, Ha, dont know about the rocket, but bieng 20 kilos lighter than most helps, add 20 kgs on to make it even,

Maybe it needs to be considered.

(Tounge in cheek)

Junior

Just arrived back in adelaide and would like to thank the WA speedway community for the recent aus titles.A very well run event, and certainly worth the long trip.Dont know if anyone from over the club reads this forum, but if so can you pass it on.

On the racing front, a real horse power track, Authur too good, the next seven or so were very even, one Young Nick was unlucky with machinery problems,Robert Medson blew his good bike in practice, while Todd and Robert copped a flogging from the ref, but i will be taking that up with MA later, not good to be changing your mind after youve made a decision , leaves you wide open.

But it was great to see the kids getting on after the meeting, which is what its all about.

Only low point was Trevor Hardings alarming crash.

Cheers Chopper

We'll be flying home from Perth in a couple of hours.

Some thoughts on the racing at Pinjar Park over the past week.

A large track by junior standards produced great racing, there was enough room to pass, an observer from the jawa factory in the Czech Republic commented that he saw more passing in one race than a whole Czech meeting....

I know of three engine blow ups, I think we all expected more than that.

Most of the riders struggled to find the right balance with gearing in practice, the bigger kids more so than the little uns like Arthur, Nick and local lad Cameron Heeps, I don't think riders like Todd Kurtz and Darcy Ward really showed what they could do because of their size, although Robert B was right in amongst them and he's just as big.

Easy to see why Tai Woffinden adapated so quickly overseas, he spent a lot of time practicing on this track and that would of taught him how to turn a bike on a sixpence.

Thanks to all the locals for putting on a great meeting and nice to catch up with Dave Cheshire, who still has fond memories of Cradley Heath, Rob Woffindon, Neil Machin, Mick Mckeon and the Radio Fremantle duo Nev Risely and Phil Paddon..

Finally congratulations to Arthur who was in a class of his own, his speach after the pairs event was a classic...

This was the final junior meeting for several of the competitors who will now concentrate on the 350's or 500's. I think its fair to say that Australian speedway has a bright future if these kids continue on.

This was the final junior meeting for several of the competitors who will now concentrate on the 350's or 500's. I think its fair to say that Australian speedway has a bright future if these kids continue on.

Hear, Hear, WWTBP! :D

We certainly are blest with an inordinate amount of talent at junior level and that's due in no small part to the Mums & Dads who give their time and energy (not to mention cold hard ca$h) freely, plus progressive clubs all over Oz who give these Stars of Tomorrow the Space they need to grow. :approve:

I dips me lid. ;)

Is there any solo activities in the NT / Darwin ? Any youngsters following Brendon Mackay and Rory Schlein?

Alas no, M8. Northline Speedway is now Clay, for sprintcars etc. There's still a few solos in Gove.