British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Meth Head

Olsen Must Go

This is a total shame in Sweden and one bloke is to blame, Ole Olsen. He F****d Up the World Cup in Denmark and now he's allowed the Worlds top riders on a track similar to a Moto Cross Track.

Bye Bye Olsen, I always knew you was an W****r.

I've got to agree - there are enough competent people lose their jobs every day through no fault of their own. THERE IS NO EXCUSE TO RETAIN THE INCOMPETENT!!!!!!

Good riddence Olsen - you should have gone long ago.

hav to agree some leway can be allowed 4 one mess up but to mess two meeting up in such a short time is n absolute disgrace

Olsen couldn't even perpare his OWN track for the World Cup FINAL. These one off tracks have always been dodgy and I seem to remember last years track at this same stadium being dry dusty and rutted a complete pudding of a track was bound to happen sooner or later and they've been lucky it hasn't happened until now

Guest 4th Bend Disaster

See my own post for opinions of this man

Has it said it was Olsen that did this track?? Aint it a local mob?

As Race Director, Olsen is responsible irrespective of who actually did the job.

As Race Director, Olsen is responsible irrespective of who actually did the job.

That's true, if he wants the title Race Director then he is responsible for everyone below him (In the past he did think he had control of those above him however e.g referees Coventry and Sweden a few years back :twisted: )

Very true, off with his head

Yeah get Ole out and someone in who will at least listen to the riders to see what they want, as it is them who provide us with the racing not a bloke it a body warmer. :x

Always thought Olsen was a bit of a Chesney Hawkes :P

Olsen has sold his ass to those fools from BSI who knows nothing about speedway meetings organization!! They should follow Poles`example - Bydgoszcz GP is very exciting every year, isn`t it?

BSI kills this sport!! MADE-UP TRACKS ARE A VERY BIG MISTAKE!

Congratulations to Mr Ole, Mr Posthelwite (or something) and guys who have made this s**t.

taken from www.speedwaygp.com

The FIM Scandinavian Grand Prix was postponed on Saturday night due to problems with the track that made racing impossible at the Ullevi Stadium, Gothenburg.

The rescheduled date of the event is next Saturday, August 30th at 1900h.

John Postlethwaite, Chief Executive, Benfield Sports International, rights holders of the world championship series, said: “From a racing point of view it was the only decision we could make. It is not fair to decide a world championship on a track like we had tonight. There were mitigating circumstances and mistakes made and the rain on Thursday and Friday combined with the cancellations of practice exacerbated the problems we had. If we had had practice on Friday we would have been aware of the problems earlier and been able to take earlier action.

“I have noted that SVEMO, the Swedish federation, have taken public responsibility for the poor state of the track but this of little consolation to the speedway public at large.

“The people I feel most devastated for are the fans who have put a lot of energy into supporting us and speedway’s revival. This will only make me more determined to make sure that none of these problems will ever arise again. I would like to apologise to everybody and I hope that we are able to put a meeting to be proud of on a new track surface here at Ullevi next weekend."

Anyone who cannot make it back to Ullevi next weekend will be fully refunded with both the ticket price and stadium booking fees.

The track was prepared by SVEMO, whose spokesperson Rolf Sundberg admitted at the press conference immediately after the event that mistakes had been made.

FIM Race Director, Ole Olsen, whose track building team have been responsible for the excellent surface at PARKEN Stadium, Copenhagen, this year, will take over the responsibility for preparing a suitable race surface for the world championship event next Saturday night.

Tickets for tonight’s event (August 23) will be valid for the Grand Prix next Saturday (August 30). Those unavailable to attend next weekend’s event can obtain a full refund at Scandinavium’s ticket office or from point of purchase from Monday August 25 at 10am or alternatively send tickets back to: Got Event AB, Ticket Office

Box 349, 401 24 Gotheburg. With your name, address, telephone number and bank account details for money transfer refund.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOOKS LIKE OLE STAYS !

I see from the comments in the press release they are trying to put the blame elsewhere. I honestly feel that Olsen should resign for the good of the sport but I guess if he did that then he and the BSI team would be admitting guilt for tonight's cock up.

it's kinda ironic about Ole and the way he deals with the riders...

one of the commentators, i think Chris Louis said that Ole Olsen had to be the one calling the shots... i reckon Ole has stood in the meeting with the riders tonight in that garage, and said to them..'right you boys, i'm in charge, you're riding and thats the end of it'

The irony is, how do you think Ole would have been if someone said that to him when he was riding? Ole has a fair temper and i reckon one or two referees felt the brunt of it at times.

What i'm wondering is why do BSI continue with just Olsen in charge? Why not enlist the help of a number of highly respected ex-riders to form a team? If it's left to one person you are asking for trouble...at least with different opinions in there you bounce ideas off of each other to get the best of each situation.

If it's left to one person you are asking for trouble...at least with different opinions in there you bounce ideas off of each other to get the best of each situation.

then the bounty becomes higher in price too :P;) don't get me wrong I'm as peed off as anyone else about this meeting being off, I'd kicked the ol' man out tonight so I could watch it :evil:) surely the blame for the track should also rest with the referee he says whether the track is fit to race on or not, it was reported on here yesterday that the track wasn't looking too good after heavy rainfall why wait til 3 heats have gone before calling it off :?: :P