British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
themilkman23

Riders Testimonials.

Just flicking through last weeks Speedway Star and in the Havvy interview there was a picture of him doing a bungee jump at someones testimonial.

What testimonials have you been to that you thought have had different idea's either during the meeting or in the programme or whatever that you have really liked?

For instance I really liked the advert for Garry Stead's benefit meeting with the black and white photo and also in meetings where the riders put on a show on monkey bikes or something similar.

Over to you...

Nigel Boocock's with donkey racing. Wasn't very old at the time but still sticks in my mind

Just flicking through last weeks Speedway Star and in the Havvy interview there was a picture of him doing a bungee jump at someones testimonial.

What testimonials have you been to that you thought have had different idea's either during the meeting or in the programme or whatever that you have really liked?

For instance I really liked the advert for Garry Stead's benefit meeting with the black and white photo and also in meetings where the riders put on a show on monkey bikes or something similar.

Over to you...

That was Rick Miller's Testimonial which in all my years still stands out asthe most amazing of them all.There we're a few others that braved the bungee jump including Rick himself , Rosco & Per Jonsson.

At Mikael Max/Karlsson's testimonial there was a race between Mikael, Peter, Magnus and their dad Gunner. Mikael and Peter went round at half pace but Magnus decided he would give his father a race and nearly put him in the fence on turn 3! Needless to say Gunner won :D

would like to get to see buzz burrows testimonal tried3 times all washed out so would sujest he have rowing boat racing at his so he could get some kind of racing on :D

Rumour has it that Buzz could be the 7th rider for Stoke, so maybe they could ge the meeting on at Stoke.

We live in hope Yorkshire.

That was Rick Miller's Testimonial which in all my years still stands out asthe most amazing of them all.There we're a few others that braved the bungee jump including Rick himself , Rosco & Per Jonsson.

Ive been to loads,as I like to support a riders loyalty.

I have to agree,Rick Millers does stand out from the crowd.Easily too.

I remember going to a Testimonial at Reading it was either Phil Morris' or Armando Castagne where they had sidecars. Ben Howe was allowed to ride passenger on one of the cars and they ended up on the centre green taking out the prizes that were on display, lol.

I remember going to a Testimonial at Reading it was either Phil Morris' or Armando Castagne where they had sidecars.  Ben Howe was allowed to ride passenger on one of the cars and they ended up on the centre green taking out the prizes that were on display, lol.

That was Phils meeting. Petri Kokko was on one of the sidecars and Ben's outfit collided with Petris and headed for the prizes, start marshall and kids who had just won the chance to watch the sidecars form the centre green!

Wato beat Todd in the final the the 3rd and 4th bend full of Newport fans went wild, despite the fact Wato was a pirate by then :D

I think theres only one testimonial/benefit meeting I have been to where Shane Parker has not go this kit off and that was because he pulled out of the meeting!!! Tanya was happy though, because Emil took his place ;)

Thanks Shawn you are my back up memory and sometimes my conscience too :D

That was a fantastic meeting and as you said so many Wasps fans I know that the group I went with had at least two coach fulls there.

Dave Steen's had someone on an ice speedway bike attempting to beat the Smallmead track record.

Steeny also had a parade of superbikes on show at his testimonial, and had a couple of them doing burn outs on the centre green during the meeting.

Sure there were other lines of entertainment at this meeting too, and I seem to recall the start tarts being decidedly dodgy :lol: .

Remember it being a fantastic night and packed to the rafters after Steeny and his committee took it upon themselves to PROMOTE the meeting to the hilt around the town & surrounding areas.

Greg Hancocks testimonial at Coventry also sticks in my mind as he flew Per Jonsson over after who did more than a few demonstration laps in a specially converted buggy. I say more than a few laps, they had trouble getting him off the track. :D

That was Phils meeting.  Petri Kokko was on one of the sidecars and Ben's outfit collided with Petris and headed for the prizes, start marshall and kids who had just won the chance to watch the sidecars form the centre green!

I was on the centre green when that happened.

One of the young lads who had won the chance to watch from the centre green sat himself down on the grass to watch the racing right next to the parade of trophies.

Thankfully someone advised him to move further into the middle whilst the racing was in progress. Seconds later an out of control sidecar ploughed through exactly where he had been sat.

Very, very lucky....