British Speedway Forum

No nothing to do with Middlo so everyone calm down, just a thought that maybe itis time to change the format of the World Team Cup.

I would like to see rather than team of four racing with four teams in a meeting, why not have teams of seven racing one team against one team, like they do in league racing.

I would have eight nations competing, and put them into 2 groups of 4, and then have a draw, where by we would have four seeded teams, and they would be the teams that made the the final last year so the seed teams would be;

Poland

Denmark

Australia

G.B.

Two would go into Group A, and two would go into group B.

I would then have a draw for the unseeded teams, these would be teams made up from the following;

Swedan

Russia

Germany

Czech Republic

Again draw two out for each group, I then have all teams racing each other, the two top teams go into the semi finals, again drawn out of the hat.

The teams that finish last in the group would have to next season race off against other nation's to qualify.

You could have the draws live on Sky TV, and teams would not know who they were going to face.

If the it is based in this Country you could have the following tracks used;

Poole

Wolvehampton

Coventry

Eastbourne

Peterborough

Kings Lynn

Birmingham

Sheffield

I think that having teams riding with 7 riders who show us who is the true World's best team, and after all in the football world cup they don't play 5 a side.

brilliant idea but id would have to been done with possibly less matches so it could fit into a week cos otherwise no-one would approve

brilliant idea but id would have to been done with possibly less matches so it could fit into a week cos otherwise no-one would approve

My thought was they could run it over a fornight.

I would love to go back to having a series of test matches . Like they do in cricket , with the World rankings decided by how you fair in the test matches . There are too many weak nations in speedway to have a competative World cup .

The matches involving the lesser nations would be absolute procession.

There's no way Germany, Russia or The Czechs could muster a team of 7 to give the others a match. Plus it would be significantly more expensive.

Maybe have the likes of Germany, Russia, Czech Republic etc against each other with the winner of that qualifying group going through to a round with GB, Poland, Sweden, Australia and Denmark.

Would ensure nearly all matches were close

I would love to see a 2 team 7 man final but due to running an event in one place over a week it would be lose to much money for it to happen.

Maybe the big top 5 could run with this format 3 going into the semi -final the other two haveing a race off to join them ,then two semi's and a final, yet again thou if the host team is not in it would there be a crowd ?

yet again thou if the host team is not in it would there be a crowd ?

Wouldn't matter in this country, as many people support the swedes, Danes, Aussies and Poles as they do the Brits :P;)

Wouldn't matter in this country, as many people support the swedes, Danes, Aussies and Poles as they do the Brits :P;)

Good point :D The uk it is then .

The final to be run at Eastbourne if the Brits happen to be in it .

A final without the Brits to be run at Poole .

Both should get a good crowd.

No nothing to do with Middlo so everyone calm down, just a thought that maybe itis time to change the format of the World Team Cup.

I would like to see rather than team of four racing with four teams in a meeting, why not have teams of seven racing one team against one team, like they do in league racing.

I would have eight nations competing, and put them into 2 groups of 4, and then have a draw, where by we would have four seeded teams, and they would be the teams that made the the final last year so the seed teams would be;

Poland

Denmark

Australia

G.B.

Two would go into Group A, and two would go into group B.

I would then have a draw for the unseeded teams, these would be teams made up from the following;

Swedan

Russia

Germany

Czech Republic

Again draw two out for each group, I then have all teams racing each other, the two top  teams go into the semi finals, again drawn out of the hat.

The teams that finish last in the group would have to next season race off against other nation's to qualify.

You could have the draws live on Sky TV, and teams would not know who they were going to face.

If the it is based in this Country you could have the following tracks used;

Poole

Wolvehampton

Coventry

Eastbourne

Peterborough

Kings Lynn

Birmingham

Sheffield

I think that having teams riding with 7 riders who show us who is the true  World's best team, and after all in the football world cup they don't play 5 a side.

Good idea but I'd have Sweden as the forth seed and GB unseeded

Guest PanthersChamp06

Wont happen..... have another year off poor weather, thats another week lost on speedway?

The final to be run at Eastbourne if the Brits happen to be in it .

A final without the Brits to be run at Poole .

Both should get a good crowd.

yep i defo agree with the final being held at eastbourne possibly the best prepared track in the world and of course would definately suit the danes as they all no the track rather well Nicki P, Hans, Bjarne, Kenneth, Morten lol :lol::lol::lol: