British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BOBBATH

Gerry Jackson

you maybe right but peter lipscombe seemed fairly certain but we all make mistakes

Gerry's dad WAS Jack Jackson

I thought Gerry started in Speedway at Rayleigh Weir stadium.

He had some great matches for Wimbledon where he was used as a second string to the Bob Andrews, Cyril Brine, Ron How & Ronnie Moore line-up. Gerry and Cyril Maidment made the team a really strong outfit

What a team that was!

Not a rider amongst them. Why? simply because they were all racers. I always looked forward to the Dons' visits to Hyde Road. Let's not forget, though, another Wimbledon super-racer; the canny Norman Parker.

Back then we didn't have speedway; we had speedway racing and all that it entailed! :approve:

Let's not forget, though, another Wimbledon super-racer; the canny Norman Parker.

Yes, a great rider. Anyone who is named after him should consider themselves very fortunate! :rolleyes:

you maybe right but peter lipscombe seemed fairly certain but we all make mistakes

Positively side with those who say that Gerry Jackson's father was the old Wembley rider Jack Jackson. No doubt at all in mind about this.

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2008 at 10:01 AM, star ghost said:

I thought Gerry started in Speedway at Rayleigh Weir stadium.

He had some great matches for Wimbledon where he was used as a second string to the Bob Andrews, Cyril Brine, Ron How & Ronnie Moore line-up. Gerry and Cyril Maidment made the team a really strong outfit

Actually Peter Moore, Ronnie Moore and Ron How were the first stringers

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2008 at 2:08 PM, TigerTom said:

Gosh Bob he must be old by now. I remember him coming to ride against Sheffield as a kid and he looked old then! He used to have a brush cut in them days.

Now we are the old guys Bob!

Will you be coming to Paris Spedway this year? .....They hope to hve practices this year so I should get you kittted out and on a bike again!

Tiger Tom

Yes he did have a brush cut. I used to be a junior for Fulham and I was running some laps around the Aboyne park soccer pitches (off Garrat Lane) when Gerry, Cyril Maidment and a few other riders showed up for a kick around. They invited me to join in which was great as I was a Wimbledon fan.