British Speedway Forum

Only if you belive we cause climate change :P;)

Well who else does...the Martians !! :rolleyes: It doesn't matter if it is us in our homes and cars, or big businesses or Airlines, it is still us as the 'human race' who over the years by advancing technology have produced the by products that have led to more than just global warming...it could be said it's just human nature to advance, but sometimes we do need to look at ways around the sort of problems that we are causing before it becomes our total downfall !!!

Now at least I've got you off the subject of blaming this person or that person !!! only another hundred andtwelve posters to go !! :wink:

Edited by NOBBY

I rode in the Southern Track Riders meeting and could understand why the Elite guys didn't ride.The track was very heavy, rough and patchy for most of the meeting and thats after it had had 17 hours to dry out.The difference is I ride for fun and iff I do get an injury I've still got an income from a job.Iff someone such as Bjarne Pedersen or Freddie Lindgren pick up an injury, they lose a lot of league meetings and GPs which would affect next year as well.At the end of the day all riders want to do is go and race, but conditions have to be suitable.As for that guy describing them as pussies-bet he wasn't riding Sunday!

Thank you and well said.

LOL ok but there other things that could cause climate change..

I know this because i just did my biology a lvel and had to do a whole assigment (spelling) on it...

It wasnt just Bjarne....

:rolleyes:

JONATHAN Chapman has labelled Bjarne Pedersen a 'prima donna' after blaming the Pirates star for playing a major role in getting the Elite League Best Pairs' Championship called off.

King's Lynn's co-promoter tarred most of the 18-man field with the same brush after the first meeting of the Super 7even series was controversially washed out at the Norfolk Arena on Saturday.

But Pedersen hit back by claiming the Saddlebow Road circuit was "too icy and dangerous" for the event to go ahead after a heavy downpour 20 minutes before tapes up had saturated an already heavily watered track.

Too icy, too icy. What an idiot. It was no way in the world the track was icy and everyone calls JC every thing under the sun but that is also a ridiculous comment, and there's more

An already heavily watered track. Bloody hell, Poole really must ride an absolute dust bowl if he thinks the track was heavily watered. Buster went round for two laps and gave it a little sprinkle to keep the dust down.

Poole Castle Cover's spearhead was also angry because he alleged Chapman had shouted to him after the postponement: Riders have too much money. It's all about the money with you guys, not the paying public.' Pedersen, who had been due to defend Poole's title alongside Davey Watt, said: "When we walked out on the track it was like ice.

I think he was meant to say "When I can out the pit gate and done a couple of skids on my steel shoe I just knew this track was to grippy for me because I wasn't sliding much"

"So I can't understand why the promoter and track staff were so angry the riders wanted it called off because it was too dangerous.

"If you look back at last year's Elite League Riders' Championship here, the track had got a bit too much water on it.

advertisement"It was like ice and there were four or five crashes before they stopped the racing and worked on the track to make it better.

Another lie. 3-4 riders slide off there bikes but I wouldn't have classed a slide off as a crash

"It would have been just like that this time, so I asked if they could put some fresh material (shale) on it.

"But the promoter said to me the meeting was off because you, Leigh Adams and a couple more riders whose names I didn't hear don't want to ride'.

"Then he said we have too much money, but I said it's not about the money, it's just about the safety side of it'."

Pedersen added: "The ref (Dave Dowling) said conditions were too dangerous.

Another lie. That's not what the ref told micman which everyone in the stadium heard. The truth is from the ref "The riders have agreed that the track needs a bit of grading and as long as there isn't to much more rain the meting should be able to continue."

"It's not that big money is this event anyway. It's more to do with running a big meeting in England with the top riders. It's really wrong to say we have too much money.

"It's completely out of order for him to say that. We are looking at safety, not money."

Chapman, who was staging his last meeting as Super 7even series director before voluntarily relinquishing the role, said: "I think these guys will push their luck as far as they can with a referee.

"As far as I could see they (the riders) didn't even walk out on the track before they said it needed blading.

"Our track man said it didn't need blading, it needed the rippers. They then only walked out on the track because they had asked to see the ref. Then they said it was okay, it needed the rippers.

"The riders chose to rip it, including Bjarne and Leigh, but low and behold, 20 minutes later when we are ready to race and the ref is saying the track is fine, Bjarne says to me it needs blading.

"I said Bjarne, you said it needs rippers and now you want it blading.' I added don't you think the paying public deserves to see you ride'?"

Chapman, who only decided not to run King's Lynn in the top flight this year shortly before the BSPA's winter conference, added: "I have no time for Elite League riders, they are all prima donnas, although Jason Crump is one exception in my eyes.

"I have dealt with a lot of Elite League meetings now with the Super 7even. I know it's a dangerous sport and I will never disrespect a rider, but it is two-way traffic.

"They (the riders) all keep doing it (forcing referees to call meetings off).

"They must have forgot there was prize money here.

"Bjarne can be as upset with me as he likes, but I'm just as upset with Bjarne."

You wouldn't see a footballer, rugby player, athlete standing at the gate if a game/match/race etc had to be cancelled for whatever reason.

Thats just it - you rarely get to talk to the stars of other sports, thats why speedway is so great - the riders, in general, talk to the fans, and appreciate them. If they had a way to go then its understandable if they didnt want to hang around too long, but I think maybe the point was that it'd be nice for some riders to stop by the bar before going to their hotel/home? Just how I interpreted it, anyway - not trying to disagree etc.

I'm not even going to bother getting into the should it have been called off argument.

In all honesty after seeing the crashes at Mildenhall in decent weather on a decent track, I'm not so gutted this didn't run.

At the end of the day, it rained, it was called off, whatever Jonathan, Bjarne, Leigh etc did or did not say. Thats that, as far as I can see, the only question remaining is if/when/where the re-staging will be held, which I trust will be announced in due time. I can wait, and I can ignore Chapman's comments, as it doesn't affect anything. As far as I can see, getting annoyed over this is a waste of time - I appreciate the fact some people travelled a long way to have a wasted journey (I myself have been fortunate in travelling and call offs so far.. touch wood), but at the end of the day as has been said, its a risk you take when travelling to speedway.

I dont know what the result would have been if they had tried to ride, but if as some have said it did continue to rain, perhaps its just as well this is a thread filled with 'friendly' debate, rather than discussing crashes and injuries, which may well have happened had it been run, as watching a couple of riders walk out shortly before it was called off, they seemed to be slipping just on foot.

I rode in the Southern Track Riders meeting and could understand why the Elite guys didn't ride.The track was very heavy, rough and patchy for most of the meeting and thats after it had had 17 hours to dry out.The difference is I ride for fun and iff I do get an injury I've still got an income from a job.Iff someone such as Bjarne Pedersen or Freddie Lindgren pick up an injury, they lose a lot of league meetings and GPs which would affect next year as well.At the end of the day all riders want to do is go and race, but conditions have to be suitable.As for that guy describing them as pussies-bet he wasn't riding Sunday!

End of argument. :approve:

One question: had this been a GP round, would Bjarne Pedersen refused to ride? :rolleyes:

All the best

Rob

The same answer if you asked a football player would he play in the fa cup final with a bad injury yes he would if possable but a league match no .

Gp means a lot a ,crap pairs meeting with the 1st prize is maybe a tin of sweets is really not worth the risk i doubt if bjarne or the other top riders would want to ride in cow pat events like this anyway but are force to.

It makes me laugh when they get a big crowd in, wheres does the money go ? not spent on prizes on the guys who must ride in them for sure .

One question: had this been a GP round, would Bjarne Pedersen refused to ride? :rolleyes:

or a Monday night on Sky :wink:

The same answer if you asked a football player would he play in the fa cup final with a bad injury yes he would if possable but a league match no .

Gp means a lot a ,crap pairs meeting with the 1st prize is maybe a tin of sweets is really not worth the risk i doubt if bjarne or the other top riders would want to ride in cow pat events like this anyway but are force to.

It makes me laugh when they get a big crowd in, wheres does the money go ? not spent on prizes on the guys who must ride in them for sure .

It might be a c**p meeting for the riders but for the fans it's a big deal, a big deal the riders get paid for :)

lol Steve I was just about to put the same, amazing isn't it? Maybe KL had the wrong type of rain, wet as opposed to dry :lol:

Edited by crikeythatsfast

It might be a c**p meeting for the riders but for the fans it's a big deal, a big deal the riders get paid for :)

No offence all these meetings turn out like to be a joke now, the riders don't want to ride in them and these meetings should be axed , most fans should have pick up on this by now .

No offence all these meetings turn out like to be a joke now, the riders don't want to ride in them and these meetings should be axed , most fans should have pick up on this by now .

Well maybe the riders ought to be honest and come out and say they aren't worth riding in :unsure:

Iv'e just got back from holiday in Norfolk & went to the 'as mentionedn meeting' & my thoughts are I agree totally with Buster. I was in the car park leaving when he was talking on the mike but just about overheard him saying he was disgusted with the riders' attitudes. Now this is a promoter talking. Yes there was a shower but the track was not unrideable at all. I have seen worse tracks after being watered! I have stronger feelings about the so-called EL riders but I wont say any more. Suffice to say that my deepest condolences are with casper Wortman & Phil Morris & family after witnessing such an horrific crash at Mildenhall on Sunday. Poor old Brummies they are suffering. Tough guy Jason Lyons also had a nasty crash & was out cold for a while. The 2 crashes were sickening to say the least & I hope this gets something done to make the Mildenhall fence safer in future, albeit the track is a good racing circuit.

Any how I got my claim to fame by being interviewed at Lynn by Mike Bennett presenter as he did manage to find 1 of only 4 Pirates fans up there.

Skippedy doo. :blink:

Edited by cheekyboys2

Personally I would rather have it called off before the meeting, as it was, rather than watch them all slide round follow the leader style long enough for us to not be entitiled to a refund. I know they all have greater commitments than the EL best pairs, so no-one could expect them to give 100% especially on a track which did look pretty bad.

I agree that we should have been entitled to our money back there, but maybe there was nothing KL could do, afterall, we have to send our tickets to the BSPA to get a refund, not the Chapmans.

Highlight of the night, the big screen when Mike Bennett was interviewing fans and he was talking to one fan and there was a little boy in the background jumping up and down to be on the tv lol :lol:

Yes that was the person behind me was it putting my interview off :lol: . I heard a load of giggling.