British Speedway Forum

On the BSPA website it says that the Pairs is rearranged for the Sunday after Cardiff at Swindon.

On the BSPA website it says that the Pairs is rearranged for the Sunday after Cardiff at Swindon.

makes an expensive weekend .. Somerset PL Pairs Friday, Cardiff Saturday, Swindon EL Pairs Sunday .. remortgage anyone :D

If this wasnt such a genuinely serious issue,it would be hilarious.

There was me thinking British Speedway didnt have any more feet left to shoot at.

How wrong can you be?

Pathetic. :angry:

Iits going to be a Swindon - Belle Vue final AGAIN. Rest might as well not bother turning up :D

another nail in newports coffin :mad:

Agree Eric. :mad:

And I am guilty of having to now make a choice - Newport or Swindon.

Even if the times fit I'm not sure the budget or energy levels will allow :(

Im sure all the fans will flock there now knowing it's not at KL and JC is not in charge :blink::lol:

Edited by crikeythatsfast

Im sure all the fans will flock there now knowing it's not at KL and JC is not in charge :blink::lol:

I dont think so!!

Whatever the views of JC at least KL was neautral.

Swindon for chripes sake - as Rob B has said - Swindon v Belle Vue - not sure I would bother paying for such home track advantage :(

I dont think so!!

Whatever the views of JC at least KL was neautral.

Swindon for chripes sake - as Rob B has said - Swindon v Belle Vue - not sure I would bother paying for such home track advantage :(

Well maybe this will prove a point to those in control. If fans don't attend they will surely notice, or maybe they wont care.

I think all these events need to be held on neutral/fair tracks, but that is and always has been my opinion.

I, hopefully won't be at either as Mildenhall host Glasgow at West Row. :approve:

Although I don't like it being at Swindon as its not neutral I think its the best choice, will be a decent crowd day after Cardiff with most people staying down there.

This is the epitomy of it all, if I was a promoter I would quit the sport now. You are not allowed to run against a shared event but a shared event can run against you. I will be going to Rye House on the way home assuming of course that Len doesn't tell them to stick their speedway.

Two shared events competing for the same audience on a weekend, you can have a family week in Teneriffe for what it will cost to fund this caper. Puts the mockers on Somerset too, Elite league - selfish, disrespectful and every other word in a soldiers vocabulary that describes them not giving a sh*t about you me or anyone else for that matter.

I think the restaging has not be thought through properly!

Firstly, to attend the Grand Prix at Cardiff is not cheap, by the time you pay for travel, accommodation, entry tickets, etc, it all adds up to an expensive weekend as it is.

Secondly, it states on the BSPA web page that the meeting will start at 6.00pm on the Sunday evening. That would mean, for the majority of fans, another stay over. What about those of us who have kids that have to be in school on the Monday morning?

Thirdly, Swindon? That will be Leigh Adams' (+ partner's) home track then? Not exactly a neutral track for the other 8 teams in the competition.