British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest roddy

Here's Another One For You All

Guest roddy

If these bore you tell me I will not raise the subject again but will be greatly offended but who cares.

What has happened to Tim Bungay ?

Not sure.But this sort of question should be put in the "Years gone by" section for all the old stuff.Old tracks,old riders,etc :)

If these bore you tell me I will not raise the subject again but will be greatly offended  but who cares.

I'm totally reliably informed that Bungay now resides in Suffolk.

Not boring at all Roddy-I'm always interested in what happened to these guys

Not boring at all Roddy-I'm always interested in what happened to these guys

Bobbath,

I know he ha sbeen a technical genius with speedway equipment, but is Alf Hagon still alive?

No one ever mentions Alf as a rider, but he was an extremely good rider with both Leicester and Oxford.

Yes, I agree with these sort of subjects as well.

Regarding Alf Hagon ...... Alf rode for Harringay and Wimbledon during his early days in Speedway and was an adequate second string rider who often picked up surprising scores. He was also a superb rider in the "time trial" Santa Pod events and I think he held quite a few records in that sport.

I have not read of his death anywhere but cannot say for certain he is still with us.

Edit for info ....

www.trakbytes.co.uk has a large entry for Alf covering his lifetime and no mention of his death there either

Edited by star ghost

does anyone remember the quiz on radio 1 dead or alive ? that would work really well with speedway . any one out there want to start a game ?

Sure-but don't know the answer re Alf Hagon-recall he wore glasses-bet Martin hagon his son could be contacted by someone tho.

Alf Hagon is still alive and kicking. He was mentioned in the Speedway Star a couple of weeks ago.

does anyone remember the quiz on radio 1 dead or alive ? that would work really well with speedway . any one out there want to start a game ?

I'll give that a miss thanks. It sounds too depressing. :D

Edited by Gemini

Alf also rode for West Ham in the 60s.

He is still alive and well and living in Waltham Abbey (well, not actually in the Abbey if you see what I mean... :) )

Norbold-how old do you reckon Alf is-I think he retired in 64 -before the Pl-NL merger right??

Alf did ride a few meetings for Poole in 1965.I believe he retired after leaving us.

That's right mate-I'd forgotten that-I think he rode in about 3 or 4 BL matches.

I saw Tim Bungay at Poole at the very end of last Season, and in fact it was Norman Strachan who brought him up to the Grandstand to meet a few people.

Tim didn't remember me (why should he :rolleyes: ), but I remember painting a few of his old VW Pick Up Trucks when he was running Wilson and Bungay back in the late 60's and was still riding.

I think, like a lot of former Riders, he was surprised that people still hold him in such high esteem.

There's a modesty amongst so many Riders, that makes you wonder how they managed to muster up the aggression to have a go in the first place.

Crouch.

That's right mate-I'd forgotten that-I think he rode in about 3 or 4 BL matches.

Alf rode 4 League matches for Poole and 1 for West Ham in '65