British Speedway Forum
whowasthatberntpersson

2008 World Youth (80cc) Cup

I think both Alex Davies and Taylor Poole were just a bit unlucky.They were as good as some if not most of the finalists and i reckon could have done some damage if they had of made it through.

Just off now to see the team meeting :D

Yes agree there was a few unlucky lads there always is in this sport!

Is there any more meetings for the lads over there?

Chopper dead right mate, what a huge commitment from the youngsters (or there dads!)

Few more coming through but its hard to keep there interest in the sport when other sports can offer more rcaing and glamour!

Do they race the 125s in europe?

or what is the path way from 80cc not straight to the 500s surely?

Again why no Brits?

In Denmark you go straight from 80cc to 500cc. You have to be 15 to ride 500, but you can ride 80 until 18. Once you are checked out on 500 you cant go back to 80cc.

Very good day yesterday. Im sponsoring Mikkel M. and when Lars Munkedal and I learned that Arthur Sissis didnt have more than one tire for each day he borrowed my Simons back wheel and we sponsored two tires. Worked pretty well ehh :lol::wink::approve:

See you

Peter

Very good day yesterday. Im sponsoring Mikkel M. and when Lars Munkedal and I learned that Arthur Sissis didnt have more than one tire for each day he borrowed my Simons back wheel and we sponsored two tires. Worked pretty well ehh :lol::wink::approve:

See you

Peter

You, Sir, are a Class Act. Good Onya, M8!! :approve:

Doncha love Speedway?? :rolleyes:

In Denmark you go straight from 80cc to 500cc. You have to be 15 to ride 500, but you can ride 80 until 18. Once you are checked out on 500 you cant go back to 80cc.

Really??? So even 18 year olds can ride in the Danish 80 cc league? I find this surprising but at the same time a good idea.

Results from todays team meeting in Fredericia

1.Denmark

2.Australia

3.Sweden

4.Poland

Spiderweb.To answer some of the questions you ask.Well they do race 125's here as well.Not in Denmark,but in Germany they have a 125 class rather than 80cc.In Czecho i think they might have the 125's as well.I remember they are having this Marketa Cup for juniors there on 125's maybe.The FIM have set up a comittee to look into trying to sort it all out into a unified systembut i doubt it will happen.Denmark are not going to change from 80cc as they have far too much invested in the system and the results speak for themselves.Other countries like Germany can't really set up an 80cc system i guess.They use the normal track with bigger bikes.

Wjhy there are no Brits here.Good question.And one i was speaking to the ref at the YGT about.He was a Brit.Pretty embarrasing that the boys from Oz come all the way over,but no Brits can be bothered.And some might say "we don't have 80cc meetings".But Arthur Sissis had never seen an 80cc bike until this week :approve:

That is it after today i think they all head over to England for a few days and then back home.Although Arthur will be back in Europe soon thanks to Red Bull

Edited by iris123

Does anyone know if there is a website with the results from the teams event in Fredericia anywhere. Would like to see the individual points

thanks

Results from todays team meeting in Fredericia

1.Denmark

2.Australia

3.Sweden

4.Poland

Spiderweb.To answer some of the questions you ask.Well they do race 125's here as well.Not in Denmark,but in Germany they have a 125 class rather than 80cc.In Czecho i think they might have the 125's as well.I remember they are having this Marketa Cup for juniors there on 125's maybe.The FIM have set up a comittee to look into trying to sort it all out into a unified systembut i doubt it will happen.Denmark are not going to change from 80cc as they have far too much invested in the system and the results speak for themselves.Other countries like Germany can't really set up an 80cc system i guess.They use the normal track with bigger bikes.

Wjhy there are no Brits here.Good question.And one i was speaking to the ref at the YGT about.He was a Brit.Pretty embarrasing that the boys from Oz come all the way over,but no Brits can be bothered.And some might say "we don't have 80cc meetings".But Arthur Sissis had never seen an 80cc bike until this week :approve:

That is it after today i think they all head over to England for a few days and then back home.Although Arthur will be back in Europe soon thanks to Red Bull

Does anyone know if there is a website with the results from the teams event in Fredericia anywhere. Would like to see the individual points

thanks

I can't vouch 100% as there might have been a tactical or 2 that i missed.The tannoy system was unintelligible where i was.I noticed a few but could easily have missed something.

Was a better meeting than maybe the scores indicate.Sedgman fell whilst in second.Alex davies was excluded for unfair riding while in a good position and little Cameron Heeps made a great gate in his second heat only to fall.

Denmark 58

M.Michelsen (3,3,3,3)12

M.B.Jensen (3,2,3,3)11

J.B.Andersen (1,2,f.1,3)7

M.Salomonsen (1,2,2,1)6

J.Bukhave (3,3,1,3)10

L.Bjerre (3,2,3,3)11

Australia 38

T.Poole (3,3,3,2)11

A.Davies (2,2,ex,2,2)8

A.Sissis (2,3,2,2,3)12

C.Dennis(1,1,2)4

J.Sedgmen (f.x,1,1,0)2

C.Heeps (0,f.x,1)1

Sweden 28

V.Palovaara (3,1,1,2)7

J.Larsson (2,3,1,1)7

J.Thorssell (2,1,3,0,0)6

T.Norberg (1,1,1,0)3

F.Engman (1,0,0,2)3

J.Fredh (1,0,1)2

Poland 21

A.Cyfer (0,0,inj*,f.x)0

M.Liszka (0,0,0,2*,0)2

R.Malczeuski (0,0,0,1)1

K.Pieszczek (0,f.x,0)0

S.Wozniak (2,2,3,1,1)9

K.L.Nielsen(DK) (2,3,2,2)9

*In heat 13 Cyfer was injured in a fall and Liszka took his place in the re-run

Edited by iris123

I can't vouch 100% as there might have been a tactical or 2 that i missed.The tannoy system was unintelligible where i was.I noticed a few but could easily have missed something.

Was a better meeting than maybe the scores indicate.Sedgman fell whilst in second.Alex davies was excluded for unfair riding while in a good position and little Cameron Heeps made a great gate in his second heat only to fall.

Thanks for that mate, - looks like Justin is just too tall for 80ccs, I expect he'll go straight to 500s this Oz season. A lot of very promising juniors will be going up as well so the qualifier for Ozchamps 2009 should be a ripper, they might have to run another qualifier just to get in.

Did you catch up with the Sedgemen clan?

Thanks for that mate, - looks like Justin is just too tall for 80ccs, I expect he'll go straight to 500s this Oz season. A lot of very promising juniors will be going up as well so the qualifier for Ozchamps 2009 should be a ripper, they might have to run another qualifier just to get in.

Did you catch up with the Sedgemen clan?

No i didn't Dave.Too much going on.More important i even missed a beer that Arthurs dad had got me after the YGT :o:P

It should be said that the one Brit who was here, Ref Jim Lawrence, did an extremely good job. Holding the reed lights when possible/safe and making prompt and correct desicions.

In the team turnament yesterday the two Mikkels was very fast. Taylor Poole was out to show that he should have been in the final, and he should.

And again Litle Arthur won the hearts off all present. Admission fees could have been charged to see such raw talent alone. He finished with a Hans andersen style wheelie standing on the back fender, i bet that the Danish top bouys will be bending bikes trying to learn that the in the comming months.

See you

Peter

Yes well done to Authur, think Davies deserves a mention , he would be giving some of those kids a fair weight advantage.

With three of the six aussies not around next year, begs the question how many aussies will there be next year.

I think MA need to step in and put more money into getting some of the other kids particulary the ones that qualify through the aussies

but cant afford the expense to get there, a greater hand as its an expensive exercise.

Even if that means cutting the numbers back.

Cheers Chopper

Hi I am Cameron Heeps' aunty I have been watching the Youth Gold Cup with great interest and just wanted to say a thanks to Dutch Grasstrack for his results, its really difficult when you can't be there but its much appreciated and also iris123 thanks for the link to the photos taken during the quali's I was able to get a photo of Cam.

I have to agree with Chopper MA does need to offer the kids a lot more support (not just financial) to be able to go further in Speedway. I know that because we are in Western Australia its difficult to get the youngsters to stay with the sport, Cam struggles for competition and his dad has even sent him east for some race meets (a very expensive way to get experience). I am not sure how things are over east with support from MA, and to go oversea's is a huge expense.

Anyway Cams family were really proud of him and it is was fantastic that Arthur came 3rd!!!! :)

Thanks for that mate, - looks like Justin is just too tall for 80ccs, I expect he'll go straight to 500s this Oz season.

Have to agree with you on that one BFD, thats why i made mention of Alex Davies doing well, giving away a fair bit in weight disadvantage.

Think you will find Justin is already sixteen so he will be on a 500 this year.

Also been told that if you dont have good contacts, or take your own bike its a bit of a lottery.

Cheers Chopper