British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

from boycey on the poole forum...........

Hi all, sorry about the lack of info regarding my farewell meeting on the 25th June 08, have been so busy with my new engine tuning business for the last few months trying to get my riders sorted at Poole.

I have begun the process of confirming the line which I am sure will hold a few surprises!!!

The meeting will be run on a 4 team tournament format with teams from Australia, Scandinavia, Uk and Rest of the World with special guest match races.

I am really happy to be able to anounce that I have had a very productive conversation with my old team mate Antonio Lindback, and he is very excited about riding in front of the Poole crowd again at my farewell!! I have spoken with a number of GP guys to include in the field and I will announce them shortly.

I have also confirmed a list of special guests including Simmo, Martin Yates, Neil Street, Pete Smith and John Davies.

I will be releasing further info as I have it and all the support of all you guys is greatly appreciated.

Boycey

its going to be one hell of a meeting :D

Hi all, sorry about the lack of info regarding my farewell meeting on the 25th June 08,

Is June the only vacant month for any meeting :rolleyes: Johnnos testimonial, Cardiff and now Boyceys testimonial .... oh well off to do my lottery tickets ..... wish me luck it's the only way I'll be able to afford to go and probably a lot of others as well! :rolleyes:

Fantastic to learn that Antonio will be (g)racing the Wimborne Road track again!

Edited by BjarneRubble

it is great to know that thigs are progressing for fans to say a farewell to one of the sports all times greats, Bpycey may have not been world champion but he ahs been a very good team man even up until the day that he retired. he was racing well and seems to ahve gone out of the sport with the club that he loved and that the fans loved him. the most important thing to mainly poole fans is taht we are saying a goodbye to our all time top point scorer. this is a man who has dedicated 20years to british speedway, and he is going to be dedicating more but not on the bike this time working with riders and tuning bikes oh yes we have not seen the last of him no matter what!!!!!!

Update on Boycey’s Farewell Meeting at Poole Stadium on Wednesday, 25th June, and details of sponsorship packages available:

1. Meeting sponsor. £2000

The main meeting sponsor will receive 10 VIP passes to the event, the company logo in prime position on the front of the match programme and meeting race jackets, as well as a full page advert on the back of the match day programme.

2. Rider sponsorship. £200

Rider sponsors will receive 2 VIP passes to the event, company logo or name beside chosen riders name in the match day programme, and the signed race jacket of their chosen rider at the conclusion of the meeting.

3. Race sponsorship. £175

Race sponsors will receive 2 VIP passes for the event, and company logo or name in the match day programme.

4. Fuel & Tyre sponsorship. £50

The company logo or name of the fuel/tyre sponsor in the match day programme.

The line-up is well on the way, and acceptances have been received from Eddie Kennett, Troy Batchelor, Chris Holder, Joe Screen, Ryan Sullivan, Simon Stead, Peter Karlsson, Leigh Adams, Magnus Zetterstrom, Davey Watt and Antonio Lindback. More to follow………..

If any of you wish to take up any of the options, or want to know any more, I can be contacted at any time at:

Email: tim@poolepirates.net

Home: 01202 715387

Mobile: 07967 963 084

Tim Templeton

Great news. I've just had confirmation from Boycey that Jason Crump has agreed to ride, joining Leigh Adams, Chris Holder, Simon Stead, Joe Screen, Ed Kennett, Davey Watt, Ryan Sullivan, Peter Karlsson, Troy Batchelor, Antonio Lindback, Magnus Zetterstrom, With more to follow......

Children £2, Under 5's Free, Concessions £11, Adults £14.

Great news. I've just had confirmation from Boycey that Jason Crump has agreed to ride, joining Leigh Adams, Chris Holder, Simon Stead, Joe Screen, Ed Kennett, Davey Watt, Ryan Sullivan, Peter Karlsson, Troy Batchelor, Antonio Lindback, Magnus Zetterstrom, With more to follow......

Children £2, Under 5's Free, Concessions £11, Adults £14.

Latest Update: Steve Schofield is flying over from Australia to be present at Boycey's Bash on 25th June. Scoie put Craig on the right path when he first came over in 1988. Scoie suffered life threatening injuries in 1999 at a grasstrack meeting, which ended his career.

Ryan Sullivan has had to withdraw, but Chris Harris has just been confirmed as the latest addition to the line-up. Boycey himself will have a couple of match races with Sam Ermolenko, and Alun Rossiter.

Latest Update: Steve Schofield is flying over from Australia to be present at Boycey's Bash on 25th June. Scoie put Craig on the right path when he first came over in 1988. Scoie suffered life threatening injuries in 1999 at a grasstrack meeting, which ended his career.

Ryan Sullivan has had to withdraw, but Chris Harris has just been confirmed as the latest addition to the line-up. Boycey himself will have a couple of match races with Sam Ermolenko, and Alun Rossiter.

aww i was realy looking forward for sully :neutral:

is there anyway to sponsor boycey???

aww i was realy looking forward for sully :neutral:

is there anyway to sponsor boycey???

maybe you'll get to see him ride the next time peterborough come down. :wink:

really looking forward to boyceys meeting now, its shaping up to be a really good meeting.

maybe you'll get to see him ride the next time peterborough come down. :wink:

really looking forward to boyceys meeting now, its shaping up to be a really good meeting.

it was always a good meeting when it said

"boyceys farewell" :D without looking at the line up

if you look on the thread about him people are being quite rude about him :neutral:

but the line up is shaping up quite well

Edited by izzyidiot

it was always a good meeting when it said

"boyceys farewell" :D without looking at the line up

if you look on the thread about him people are being quite rude about him :neutral:

very true :approve:

We're coming over from America to see some speedway and planned on this meeting some months ago. Now that this lineup is shaping up, this is obviously going to be one of the best meetings that we attend. It will also be great to see Sam back on a speedway bike, albiet just for exhibition purposes.

We planned on going to Poole last year but when we got there, the meeting was canceled for the Liverpool - AC Milan football match. Hopefully, there will be no repeat of that this year. We are really looking forward to see some serious speedway on one of the world's premier tracks.

The only way this meeting will not run is if the weather is not on our side.

The only way this meeting will not run is if the weather is not on our side.

No problem there...we're bringing our own weather from Southern California and are looking forward to a spectacular meeting.

No problem there...we're bringing our own weather from Southern California and are looking forward to a spectacular meeting.

:D