British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Scottie75

British U21 Final

I'm sure thats not the case is it mate ;):lol:

Nah your right mate, I did want to meet up with you, but was warned Shirleys bite :P:lol:

Nice one Tai, next British World Champion.. ;)

:lol:

Tai a class apart as predicted. He has stated he will be representing England in his career so lets stop complaining he is an aussie winning our championship. If he would have kept silent over the matter then he should have been told where to go, but he has chosen us and we will reap the rewards from it. Celebrate having the lad riding for his country of birth.

Where's Tai's statement Chris?

Congratulations to all the riders who took part for their efforts and skill, but obviously especially to Tai Woffinden who was certainly the class of the field. A thoroughly enjoyable meeting, and congratulations also to the Lakeside track staff. I thought the track very well prepared, especially given the rigours of a 22-heat meeting, and the racing good. Pleased I went.

Well done also to Lakeside for cracking on through the meeting with the minimum of delays.

Leaving aside the heat where the announcer inadvertently skipped a race in his programme and began to announce the riders from the next one (easily done), a couple of niggles on the presentation front. Is it really necessary to keep the music blaring to within a hair's breadth of the green light going on? And could we not have had some information about how riders would be split in the event of a tie? Late on there was every possibility of Bridger, Roynon and Barker ending up tied for second on 13 points behind Woffinden. Who would make the final (in the heats Bridger had beaten Roynon who had beaten Barker who had beaten Bridger)? Yet after heat 19 it was announced that "by the miracles of modern technology we can announce that Tai Woffinden (top scorer) and Lewis Bridger (at that point tied on 13 with Roynon, Barker on 10 yet to have his last race) have reached the final". Only after heat 20 was it declared that race wins constituted the deciding factor. Perhaps I should have guessed, as it's a common enough method. But it would have helped to have been told (don't recall it being in the programme).

But these are minor quibbles; an excellent night.

Edit: Anyone know who was on refereeing duties?

Edited by Fourentee

Edit: Anyone know who was on refereeing duties?

Paul Carrington

Well done to Tai & Rob :approve:

yes very well done lads

BRITISH under 21 champion :approve:

You and about 99.9% of the Rye House fans.

I also said that I wanted him at Sheffield as well.

well i must have gone to a diff meeting,the track was super slick and rubbish and the racing a bore with the out and and out racers having no chance.bridger and smart to name but two had no chance because the inside was the only line.ive never seen the lakeside track like this for a long time and i go almost every week.it was smooth alright but it was in a complete state for 22 heats of speedway.

Not everybody who has posted agrees with you.

Heats 5 & 8 now available for viewing via the BSPA website (they don't exactly support your negative comments speedy den boy).

Great race for third in the first of those clips. Good effort by Bridger in the second, and a cracking start by Ben. Finished the others' challenge on the first turn. :lol:

I thought the racing was good and much better than I was anticipating.

I was very happy with the talent on show!

You talking about the riders with that last remark or the Super7 start line girls? :unsure::wink:

Bridger always falls,i went to eastbourne to watch belle vue on saturday and lewis was pulling wheelies before one of his heats,he proceeded to fall in that heat and his next one!Do the showing off after the race lewis!

Was you lonely watching them on Saturday???? I thought it was Isle of Wight :wink::rolleyes: