British Speedway Forum
skid row

Swc Round 2 Coventry 14th July

LMFAO!!!!!! Well if he can't finish a race, he has ticked a box for GB selection :lol:

but the riders we have can finish the races, they just find it hard to be leading them!!

but the riders we have can finish the races, they just find it hard to be leading them!!

The riders we have couldn't finish their dinner tonight

on a more positive note the yellow start tart was in a class of her own!

Couldn't agree more, pretty apt that she represented the Danes.

As for the meeting, well it was nothing short of a farce from a British perspective. Yes Allen tried hard but he still scored just 5 points on his home circuit, Stead was as crap as expected. Meanwhile the other three seriously underperformed, although Harris did at least win a race.

The race with Rymel and Andersen was top draw and former Newport legend Iversen had a couple of great last bend surges. Also mightily impressed by Jonas Davidsson, a rider that is surely ready for the GP's in the next couple of years? His ability to up his game in International meetings was a lesson to the entire British side this evening.

As for Coventry Speedway itself, slightly disappointed by how shabby it appeared, having heard of major improvements. Plus the announcer and that bloody 1980's Primary School disco music was toe curling, no wonder the sport is still highly unfashionable in league venues.

Look forward to Woffinden on Thursday.

Edited by JT

What do team GB care!! what a disgrace if i were Jim Lynch Nichols,Harris and Richardson would not get near the gates of Vojens. We have no chance anyway so why not bring in 3 kids with Kennett and Woffenden and get them blooded at the top level. Our top three (well so called) kow no matter how they perform they will get picked, so stuff em and drop em.They were a disgrace last year and and have carried on in that vein.The Czechs and Swede's came with youth and were far better value for money.

P.s note all other teams in the main have an young ex rider has team manager,we are in the dark ages on this one with the old foggie brigade year in year out.Mark Loram/Chris Louis please step up to the plate your country needs you like yesterday

A truly abysmal performance from Team GB, how naive can the riders be. again they were bleating about the track being different from when they practiced around it. They should realise by now it always is, and will usually be slick as a board on the actual race day. How can they all have their set ups wrong, Denmark were spot on from the start, and Sweden soon adjusted to be competative. All around team GB lacks the talent at the top level. Nichols rarely performs as he can at league level, Harris bless him cant gate for toffee, but gives all, Richardson is too up and down, and appears to lack any motivation, Stead should never be racing at this level, just not good enough, and Allen tried hard, but lets face it, is a very good second string at league level at best. We have to accept that at this time we dont have the riders with the ability to compete at this level, perhaps as some have said in 2-3 years time we may,with the right coaching and leadership. I would love Team GB to perform well in the Semi in Denmark, but thats my heart but, my head says we will fail again. Still hope runs eternal, at least thats what they say.

I think Lynch should learn to speak more clearly to his riders. Obviously Nicholls thought his manager was playing the 'CHOKER' in that heat! :rolleyes::lol:

just a shame the czechs got excluded on there joker we would of been lucky to finish 3rd. getting thro the the race off flattered us none of them deserve a second chance

Deary me - a rank performance and cringeworthy to watch. Only Allen can come out of that with any sort of credit - the rest - all current or ex-Coventry who seemed surprised the track was slick after earlier practice. How long have these guys been 'professionals'? And if they couldn't hack it last night, what hope on Thursday at Vojens, a track known to be slick? Get a grip team, with that sort of defeatism I'd hate to have to rely on them in a life-threatening situation!! What happened to the good ol' British digging deep, and laughing in the face of defeat and adversity and chucking it at 'em. Woeful - totally woeful.

As for the post-mortems, afraid this poor situation is going to take longer than one meeting to sort out. The rot set in years ago, but collectively, whilst all the right noises are made by those in charge, as soon as they go their individual ways, absolutely nothing changes. We have a couple of youngsters waiting in the wings yes, but it's going to need a damn sight more than that to make us look anything more than also-rans for the next few years - at this rate even the Russkis are going to overtake us, and on last night's performance I'm glad we had the Czechs in our group or we might have been looking at SWC oblivion there last night otherwise!

So to Thursday, and whilst looking froward to seeing Tai in our colours, realistically, I think we'll be lucky to finsh 3rd at best on current showing.

Edited by rabbit

simple really. we are not a top speedway nation.

nicolls will never ever win a grand prix. equipment is always poor on power and he cant gate.

harris again no power but can win races.

simon stead never ever going to get anybetter , should come back to the premier league.

lee richardson same as nicolls.

oliver allen could move on and get alot better.

the sooner we stat putting the young boys in the sooner we will get better, one things for sure they cant do any worse than last night.

proberly the likes of gary haverlock . and stonehewer would have done better than that.

anyway now ive got that off me chest am off to work.

I hope that last night was a wake-up call to the Management and agree with most other posters that Thursday should be all about blooding new young riders for the future. Throw in Tai, Bridger and Kennet, maybe even Barker and try to get Havvy or Floppy involved too cos they showed great passion and pride riding for their Country.

and try to get Havvy or Floppy involved too cos they showed great passion and pride riding for their Country.

Floppy yes ..... Havvy no

Last night was so bad that it was almost funny. At least the company in the pub was good, or we would all have been slitting our wrists by the middle of the meeting. I do feel for anyone who paid £23 or even £35 for the privilege. :(

What was that track all about? Totally unsuited to our riders' style of racing. We'd still have been 3rd but that track played into the hands of the Danes in particular.

Apart from that, highlight of the night was definitely Rymel's ride - incredible stuff from the Berwick man.

Oh - and a question for Mr Tatum - how exactly does a team "stretch its lead to 1" as he commented at one point? Surely if you are "stretching your lead to 1" then you have no lead at all? :blink:

Roll on Thursday - Big Jim's last meeting in charge. :approve:

Edited by Seb the Snail

Floppy yes ..... Havvy no

Dont think it matters whos in charge,we dont have good enough riders end of story.It goes to show that Middleditch didnt do that bad a job after all.

Dont know why it takes a performance like last night to make everyone realise how crap British speedway is.We have been overtaken by Denmark,Sweden and Poland with Russia and Czech not far behind.

If anyone thinks that Tai Woffinden can come in on Thursday and make everything alright then it goes to show how desperate GB speedway is getting.No dig at Woffinden,he is a fantastic rider and will get to the very top one day.

You could see from the start that it wasn't going to be a good night. The riders looked nervous and uneasy when the national anthem was on.

Perhaps the youngsters could do better, but I don't think so. Would just harm their development getting their butts kicked in Vojens! In saying that if Tai is ready, then surely Danny King and maybe Ben Barker are ready too?!

I was actually laughing when Niels cut back to beat Nicholls in heat 16 - I was kind of hoping that Team England wouldn't win a heat all night, just to stop them making it look better than it was.

Very impressed by Rymel and Dan 'The Man' last night. Done the PL proud and they can now add SWC heat wins to their CVs!