British Speedway Forum
Rob B

Belle Vue 80th Anniversary Meeting

The funniest moment of the night came when in the interval Jason Done from Waterloo Road came out to have his first ever ride on Speedway bike, after many interviews through the night and him saying how much he was rubbishting himself we were all looking forward to see how he went. Well he had two practice laps which were very shakey, then down came the tapes upto the line he went, tapes up did ok into the first bend but went very wide out of bend 2 did ok up back straight with a bit of a wobble, then into his second lap all of a sudden he let the throttle go and was absolutely flying, by this time after a state of shock we thought something funny was going on, then he started doing wheelies all over the place, then we new we'd been had, after a few more flying laps and wheelies a fan in the crowd was asked what he thought, he said hed never seen a better first timer in his life, then he took off his cap and who was they interviewing yes Jason Done, so who was on the bike in Dones clothes and a belle vue shirt none other than Lewis Bridger, Ive not laughed so much in ages pure qualitiy.

All in all a truely brilliant night and fitting for the greatest club in world speedway the Belle Vue Aces.

Absolutely fantastic :lol: nice to see speedways new "Bad Boy" get a good bit of press for a change :approve: Well done to all at Belle Vue sounds like a fantastic night, well done to Leigh Adams and Lewis excellent I bet it was fantastic to watch.

Will this be out on Dvd at some point?

Anyone interested in hearing the Radio Manchester broadcast on Belle Vue last night, please drop me a PM or email. :P

Edited by AndyM

If you get the chance in the next day or so, have a look at the Supporter 2 Reporter internet radio station. They will have some interviews, video and photos of the PCMT/80th Anniversary meeting.

This is a internet project from Trafford Schools where young people get the chance to train as sports reporters. They had three teams in attendance last night, and managed to interview loads of people, including Ove Fundin. The students set out to make a feature on Speedway to be read by people who know nothing about the sport, as none of the students themselves had seen Speedway before.

Belle Vue are now part of the growing band of sports clubs and organisations to welcome them, and join a list which include Man United, Man City, Sale Sharks, Lancashire CCC, plus many international sporting events. In fact most of the reporters had been at the 20/20 finals on Saturday, and they will be covering many other domestic and international events in the coming weeks.

Have a look on this link:

Supporter 2 Reporter

Nice to Cradley well represted last night a good few fans on the terraces sporting the famous colours.I think Charlie did them proud on the track

I'm pleased that it all sounds like it was a great night, you all deserved it.

A great club with a brilliant history and hopefully a long and interesting future.

B)

If any of this meeting is shown on channel m, could i please be pm'd when its due to be on? :P cheeky but my dad dosen't want to miss a chance of seeing a rider represent Norwich once more.

Pretty sure there will be something on Channel M, will let you know on here when. Also Clean Cut Sports were filming it so should be available on dvd soon.

but it has been done before I seem to remember.

At Poole, by Martin Yeates wearing a dress!

And by Radio Presenter "Curley Shirley" Dave Ward who actually turned out to be Chris Morton.

Saw this coming when it was announced. Superace, if you really believe that a t.v. company will allow one of its stars to risk his health then there is much to learn.

WOW well done the BV managment what a great night, the stadium was close to bursting with a massive crowd somewhere around the 4000 mark for sure. Got in just gone 5 and was entertained until way past 10pm.

Some good racing as well mostly from the big guns, was well worth the admission money. Great souvenir program with free bv key ring, great to see and HEAR the old bikes and to see PC the legend himself doing 4 laps in 67 secs on a 30 year old bike. The atmosphere was superb and it brought a lump to my throat when the main meeting parade started.

The funniest moment of the night came when in the interval Jason Done from Waterloo Road came out to have his first ever ride on Speedway bike, after many interviews through the night and him saying how much he was rubbishting himself we were all looking forward to see how he went. Well he had two practice laps which were very shakey, then down came the tapes upto the line he went, tapes up did ok into the first bend but went very wide out of bend 2 did ok up back straight with a bit of a wobble, then into his second lap all of a sudden he let the throttle go and was absolutely flying, by this time after a state of shock we thought something funny was going on, then he started doing wheelies all over the place, then we new we'd been had, after a few more flying laps and wheelies a fan in the crowd was asked what he thought, he said hed never seen a better first timer in his life, then he took off his cap and who was they interviewing yes Jason Done, so who was on the bike in Dones clothes and a belle vue shirt none other than Lewis Bridger, Ive not laughed so much in ages pure qualitiy.

All in all a truely brilliant night and fitting for the greatest club in world speedway the Belle Vue Aces.

Well done to leigh Adams.

A great night and hats off to the promotion,the jason done thing was the only downside to me,no one was ever gonna believe it was him riding the bike and i felt it was a waste of time really,but thats just my opinion obviously you enjoyed it superace!

A great night and hats off to the promotion,the jason done thing was the only downside to me,no one was ever gonna believe it was him riding the bike and i felt it was a waste of time really,but thats just my opinion obviously you enjoyed it superace!

Think you are overreacting there Dogs, you didn't know it was Bridger when he did the first two laps wobbling around trying to get it to slide, it was only after he did the start that everyone realised.

Can't believe there's negative comments about it !

It was just a bit of harmless fun to add to the evening. So what if some people fell for it all while others were 'wise' !?

:rolleyes: Jeez...

Ever thought of just enjoying yourselves ? :)

A great night and hats off to the promotion,the jason done thing was the only downside to me,no one was ever gonna believe it was him riding the bike and i felt it was a waste of time

:rolleyes:

didn't anyone tell you speedway is an entertainment sport