British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Blazeaway

Gp Series 2009

And of course Rory Schlein :rolleyes: oops forgot the tongue in cheek one :P

I think there is as much a chance for his Coventry team mate Olly Allen R/R qualifying for the GPs!

I think there is as much a chance for his Coventry team mate Olly Allen R/R qualifying for the GPs!

Well Tomicek was a hairs breadth away,so there is hope :neutral:

This should never happen of course because it a world championship and all those in it should there on merit, there should not even be any wildcards to be honest .

I thought you were a great fan of everything SGP and IMG/BSI? How on earth would they make their money without the ability to gerrymander the competition? :P

So why are they clearly slower than everyone else down the straights? Yes he's doing well in the EL, but nowhere else. The EL is poor this season because of the stupidly low average rule.

And Tai made it quite clear last season that he didnt think of here as his main nationality.

He made Hans look silly at Wolves twice on Monday, could not live with him in the GP's. Why? It's not his bikes as he is able to keep up wit (an go faster than) Hans in league racing, yet in a GP he was nowhere near him (Hans 4th, Bomber 3rd from bottom). He left Crumpy for dead at Coventry a few weeks ago and took half a second off the track record. He left Leigh Adams for dead at Swindon a few weeks ago and has got close to the track record twice.

Bomber is fact in the EL, he's just not doing it in the GP's

Tai is British, he said so in Oz in the winter, he raced in the GB final and he is in the Team GB squad, he was born here so just how much more British do you want him to be? If you can't grasp that FACT, there's little point in arguing about opinion.

He is able to keep up wit.

Good to know he's retaining his sense of humour. Some people are starting to think he's a bit of a joke in the GPs. And I'm one of them. His win in Cardiff looks more and more like dumb luck than anything else.

I watch Bomber week in week out in league racing and the guy is fantastic. There's no-one in the league he can't live with or beat convincingly. As has been posted, he left Crumpy for dead on Friday at Brandon and easily had the better of Hans at Monmore last Monday so what's his problem? The guy is good enough to be challenging at the top end of the GP series, but at the moment he just isn't cutting the mustard. It's clearly not the bikes as they are far quick enough as showed with his performances against other GP riders in the EL, but quite what his problem actually is, I've not got a clue. :blink:

But, let's be brutally honest, the Elite League isn't really anywhere near the standard of other leagues and is a poor means of judging relative merit. Harris has been poor in Sweden and rides in the second tier of speedway in Poland.

But, let's be brutally honest, the Elite League isn't really anywhere near the standard of other leagues and is a poor means of judging relative merit. Harris has been poor in Sweden and rides in the second tier of speedway in Poland.

But how can he beat Adams by nearly the length of the straight at Swindon and Crump by a mile at Brandon e.t.c if he doesn't have the ability? I'm at a loss to know what his problem is. I genuinely think he's good enough to compete with the boys in the GP series, quite what his issues are at the minute, I really don't know.

But how can he beat Adams by nearly the length of the straight at Swindon and Crump by a mile at Brandon e.t.c if he doesn't have the ability? I'm at a loss to know what his problem is. I genuinely think he's good enough to compete with the boys in the GP series, quite what his issues are at the minute, I really don't know.

Well Silver Bee , its different to beat Crumps and Andersens one on one in league meetings. In the GP series the opposition is much much better. In the Gps there are tough opposition in all heats The Tracks in the GP series are quite different from the tracks you have in britain and you need allot of experience when it comes to riding technique and machinery set up, especially on the temporary tracks.

Chris has been in the GP series less then 1½ season. I think most new GP rider shave problems in the beginning while "collecting" experience from everything that has to do with GP riding (atmosphere, mental pressure and etc). Look at especially Kasper who's new to the GP series this year and almost dont score any points at all. While averging on around 10p in Sweden and Poland.

edit: and Tai is NOT a brit!!!!!! he made that very clear himself last season!

Reading V Rye House, he said to Johno "I was born in Scunthorpe, you can't get anymore British than that" and said very clearly he is a Brit. Hopefully he will come along in the next few years, we need riders like him right now.

See Richardson's done well in a qualifier today or recently, hopefully he will give us some hope.

Well Silver Bee , its different to beat Crumps and Andersens one on one in league meetings. In the GP series the opposition is much much better. In the Gps there are tough opposition in all heats The Tracks in the GP series are quite different from the tracks you have in britain and you need allot of experience when it comes to riding technique and machinery set up, especially on the temporary tracks.

Chris has been in the GP series less then 1½ season. I think most new GP rider shave problems in the beginning while "collecting" experience from everything that has to do with GP riding (atmosphere, mental pressure and etc). Look at especially Kasper who's new to the GP series this year and almost dont score any points at all. While averging on around 10p in Sweden and Poland.

The thing is Chris has Norrie Allen with him for the GP's, Norrie has huge experience of these tracks, set-up etc from the years with Mark Loram and will (or atleast should) be passing all this knowledge on to Chris! Guess the question is, does Chris take notice or does he think he will ride his own race?

Heck I put £1 each way on him for the Danish GP I was so sure he could make it to the final out there :rolleyes:

Personally, if Mark's leg was up to it, I would ask him to attend a couple of GP's with Chris and Scott as advisor and see if he could help them overcome whatever it is that is holding them back!

We all know that both these boys can beat the best on their night, just wish one of these nights would be a GP night!

Heck I put £1 each way on him for the Danish GP I was so sure he could make it to the final out there :rolleyes:

Hey Big Spender! :lol::wink:

Reading V Rye House, he said to Johno "I was born in Scunthorpe, you can't get anymore British than that" and said very clearly he is a Brit. Hopefully he will come along in the next few years, we need riders like him right now.

See Richardson's done well in a qualifier today or recently, hopefully he will give us some hope.

Why should he? Never has before, why start now?

Hey Big Spender! :lol::wink:

Hey! that was £2 wasted!

Why should he? Never has before, why start now?

:lol: