British Speedway Forum

Gollob did nothing wrong in my opinion.

You know absolutely nothing about speedway then. One of THE biggest no-no's in speedway is turning left on a rider on the straight. Its one of the most dangerous moves you can do and it invariabley ends in carnage, as in this GP. You will not find one rider who would condone such a move. Whether he looked or not is irrelevant. In fact, if he hadn't of known he was there, he wouldn't have been going left at that point of the straight in the first place.

Disgraceful, dangerous move. Should have been excluded.

You know absolutely nothing about speedway then. One of THE biggest no-no's in speedway is turning left on a rider on the straight. Its one of the most dangerous moves you can do and it invariabley ends in carnage, as in this GP. You will not find one rider who would condone such a move. Whether he looked or not is irrelevant. In fact, if he hadn't of known he was there, he wouldn't have been going left at that point of the straight in the first place.

Disgraceful, dangerous move. Should have been excluded.

Don't talk crap. Gollob did nothing wrong.

It was a racing accident caused by Jonsson placing himself into the wrong place at the wrong time.

Riders quite often change their line down the straight. Gollob, in particular. Watch him at Bydgoszcz.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

A Great rider is somone like Leigh Adams rides most tracks, always tries to give enough space (left room for Holta in the Semi could have fenced him) and seems to work well with other riders.

That semi showed why Leigh Adams will never be world champion . Great rider and all that , but he was far too tentative on that track .

I know the track was a disgrace and dangerous , but the likes of Gollob , Crump , Pedersen and Holta seemed to try and put the dangerousness of it out of their mind and attack the track . Adams almost looked as if he was tiptoeing round the bends . I actually thought his bike had packed in given the easy way he gave up that semi-final when a final place looked in the bag .

That semi showed why Leigh Adams will never be world champion . Great rider and all that , but he was far too tentative on that track .

I know the track was a disgrace and dangerous , but the likes of Gollob , Crump , Pedersen and Holta seemed to try and put the dangerousness of it out of their mind and attack the track . Adams almost looked as if he was tiptoeing round the bends . I actually thought his bike had packed in given the easy way he gave up that semi-final when a final place looked in the bag .

Paulco - I actually gained a new appreciation of Nicki Pedersen on Saturday night. The way he was riding was very clever. He was missing out riding over the ruts but still attacking the circuit.

If only he didn't resort to the tactics he displayed in the previous Grand Prix. :rolleyes:

All the best

Rob

Must agree with you Paulco. Leigh is an absolute legend, but his performances at both Slovenia ans Sweden show why he is very unlikely to go the final step.

As soon as conditions have got less than ideal, his self preservation kicks in. He looked one of the least confident riders on Saturday - with perhaps on Kasprzak looking as timid.

For what it's worth - I though Tomasz was a lucky lad to stay in the re-run and had blatantly turned left on AJ.

Edited by frigbo

Are you sure DB? I'd herd different... :lol:

this should settle the argument :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3lSKQVVFS4

I was reminded of this after Pedersen and Crumps incident in the Semi-final in Leszno...

I have seen Nicki take a bigger knock than that and stayed on his wheels... Makes you wonder don't you think?

Don't talk crap. Gollob did nothing wrong.

It was a racing accident caused by Jonsson placing himself into the wrong place at the wrong time.

Riders quite often change their line down the straight. Gollob, in particular. Watch him at Bydgoszcz.

All the best

Rob

Dear god, I despair sometimes with people.

You have been watching speedway for all these years and yet you still do not appreciate what is a dangerous move. Jonsson did not change his line. Gollob turned left on the straight, which I repeat is a big NO NO and collected him. 3 riders all agreed that it was a dangerous move (Tatum, Ermolenko, Richardson). However, you, with all your years of experience riding a bike think different. I've since spoken to two other riders (one current, one ex) and they also agree Gollob was completely at fault.

Dear god, I despair sometimes with people.

You have been watching speedway for all these years and yet you still do not appreciate what is a dangerous move. Jonsson did not change his line. Gollob turned left on the straight, which I repeat is a big NO NO and collected him. 3 riders all agreed that it was a dangerous move (Tatum, Ermolenko, Richardson). However, you, with all your years of experience riding a bike think different. I've since spoken to two other riders (one current, one ex) and they also agree Gollob was completely at fault.

BWitcher,

Tatum, Ermolenko and Richardson didn't know who had won Saturday's GP. I did. Therefore, I will trust my own judgement. :wink:

I also know Gollob changed his line up the straight in spectacular fashion at Bydgoszcz last year, to then fly under Nicki Pedersen entering the third bend. I can't remember anyone complaining about that. :rolleyes:

Incidentally, I spoke to a rider on Saturday night who didn't blame Gollob at all.

All the best

Rob

BWitcher,

Tatum, Ermolenko and Richardson didn't know who had won Saturday's GP. I did. Therefore, I will trust my own judgement. :wink:

I also know Gollob changed his line up the straight in spectacular fashion at Bydgoszcz last year, to then fly under Nicki Pedersen entering the third bend. I can't remember anyone complaining about that. :rolleyes:

Incidentally, I spoke to a rider on Saturday night who didn't blame Gollob at all.

All the best

Rob

Did he clean someone out on the straight when he passed Pedersen? No he didn't. Facts are, Gollob turned left, Gollob wiped out Jonsson. End of!

And as for your attempt to suggest that Tatum, Richardson and Ermolenko do not know what is dangerous, and what is not when riding a bike. Well, quite frankly, to suggest you know better is pathetic. It has nothing to do with who won and didn't win a GP.

Gollobs move was akin to driving on a motorway on the outside lane, and then swerving into the middle lane, only to clip the front of a car there and send him spinning. Whose fault is it? By your reckoning its the guy in the middle lane..

Clear as you like Gollob looks left then turns left across Jonsson's line! Much too early to be turning into the bend! Never seen Gollob do something as dirty as that, on purpose, for ages! Really disappointed in him.

Tatum, Ermolenko and Richardson all said the same instantly! You don't turn left going over the start line on a track that size!

Gollob did nothing wrong in my opinion.
Typical gollob move when he know someone is faster than him, should have been straight out. However AJ should have been expecting it.

as usual it ALWAYS comes back to your own definition of dirty riding.

Clearly there are those that think it was and just as many who dont.

Clearly ALL are rights opinions.

Any link to Gollob Jonsson as not seen it yet and there seems some strong opinions on it

And as for your attempt to suggest that Tatum, Richardson and Ermolenko do not know what is dangerous, and what is not when riding a bike. Well, quite frankly, to suggest you know better is pathetic. It has nothing to do with who won and didn't win a GP.

So you take everything Kelvin Tatum says as gospel?

How come Swiderski wasn't re-instated off 15m after he fell off at Wolves last week then? :shock::lol:

I am entitled to my own opinion, whether it matches yours or not. :rolleyes: And, as I've already said, I spoke to a rider on Saturday night who was of the opinion that Gollob had done nothing wrong.

All the best

Rob