British Speedway Forum

Don't be obtuse, Anthony.

Jonsson caused the crash by running into Gollob - Gollob is quite entitled to change his line.

If Jonsson had as much skill as Gollob, then the accident would not have occured. Unfortunately, while he is fast, Jonsson has limited ability.

All the best

Rob

He is entitled to change his line when it is safe to do so! He changed his line and collected somebody as a result. THAT IS THE FACT.

And now you are getting very petty with your argument. Jonsson is expected to react in an instant when someone crazily swerves across him on the straight!

The more you talk, the bigger hole you dig for your argument.

Your version is the guy in front can swerve around all he likes, anybody alongside him had better just get out of the way or be mown down. If you're mown down, its your fault.

Gollob miscalculated. He thought he was clear of Jonsson and was not.

He is entitled to change his line when it is safe to do so! He changed his line and collected somebody as a result. THAT IS THE FACT.

And now you are getting very petty with your argument. Jonsson is expected to react in an instant when someone crazily swerves across him on the straight!

The more you talk, the bigger hole you dig for your argument.

Your version is the guy in front can swerve around all he likes, anybody alongside him had better just get out of the way or be mown down. If you're mown down, its your fault.

Gollob miscalculated. He thought he was clear of Jonsson and was not.

Glad you've finally admitted that it is Gollob's prerogative to change his line.

It was Jonsson who miscalculated. He continued to try to go through a hole which wasn't there.

All the best

Rob

Glad you've finally admitted that it is Gollob's prerogative to change his line.

It was Jonsson who miscalculated. He continued to try to go through a hole which wasn't there.

All the best

Rob

I didn't admit it, I was merely mocking your suggestion that a rider is allowed to swerve into another rider if he is half a bike length ahead!

There is nothing in the rules that says anything about the 'rider in front can choose his line'. This is just a myth. The fact is, anyone chan choose to change lines, WHEN IT IS SAFE TO DO SO. On this occasion it was not.

All the best

Rob

The hole was there until Gollob dangerously changed his line to block AJ, TG should have been excluded for unfair riding.

Jonsson caused the crash by running into Gollob - Gollob is quite entitled to change his line.

If Jonsson had as much skill as Gollob, then the accident would not have occured. Unfortunately, while he is fast, Jonsson has limited ability.

All the best

Rob

All the best

Rob

Glad its not me getting the `anthony` treatment.

Just goes to show the rules are THAT clear in this sport than can be interpreted in which ever way you want.

So its quite clear that BOTH opinions are right. :wink:

So its quite clear that BOTH opinions are right. :wink:

You've got my vote Steve! :wink:

As for the Argument, think I'll wait for the Movie. :rolleyes:

You've got my vote Steve! :wink:

As for the Argument, think I'll wait for the Movie. :rolleyes:

lol

if there was a movie - the ending would still be open to question - depends who makes it!

But it wont be the truth lol

I think it was disgusting what gollob did to poor old aj, :angry:

All the best

Rob

Let me guess, I don't think you've ever raced a speedway machine? Otherwise you would see this ridiculous statement for what it is.

Let me guess, I don't think you've ever raced a speedway machine? Otherwise you would see this ridiculous statement for what it is.

Lucifer Sam has failed to provide one reason to justify AJ's exclusion. It is a show of extreme desperation, and somewhat disparatory to resort to saying that AJ is not a good enough rider to avoid a crash!

There is no rider in the world that could do anything about another rider swerving across their path and taking out their front wheel.

There is no rider in the world that could do anything about another rider swerving across their path and taking out their front wheel.

I think the point here is that there can be cases where the guy behind is being a bit of a donut and choosing a line which will end in probable tears ......... but that clearly wasnt the case here

It has been well covered in this thread that Gollob often attempts lines which are a bit different to the other riders..... however from a refs point of view he can only officiate the match or meeting as to what is normal in general and what has been the norm during the meeting....... otherwise it would make a refs job a complete nightmare

If gollob chose to do a cartwheel while pulling funny faces at the crowd down the straight and didnt cause an accident then there is no issue......... but if he caused one as a result of unorthadox behaviour then he has to go......... and I would suggest that the other rider concerned would be trying to give him a permanent funny face

and that is only in a situation where Tomasz is simply choosing an alternate way of riding ....ie the angelic halo version ........................... the fact that he was clearly seen clocking where Andreas was kind of takes away the angelic halo

One thing not raised in this thread is our favourite ref Tony Steele slipping under the radar... most likely because of previous good behaviour............... the decision was a rubbish one and he also never had control of the starts..... very odd to see such a mixed performance from him

But there was a huge gap on the inside, Gollob knew Jonsson was there and coming through, so a bad move by Gollob imo, I think he knew his bike would definitely touch Jonssons.

One thing not raised in this thread is our favourite ref Tony Steele slipping under the radar...

Not true:

But, realistically, the default setting of referees like Steele is to take the easiest option, so it wasn't a surprise to see Gollob in the re-run.

........................... the fact that he was clearly seen clocking where Andreas was kind of takes away the angelic halo

Not quite accurate. Gollob looked off the fourth bend not when he made the move.

A fair bit of twaddle on this thread.

Tony got it wrong, Gollob was to blame, blatant foul riding, AJ not at fault

End of............. :blink:

Edited by colincooke