British Speedway Forum

Anthony,

And you still show no knowledge of speedway at all :rolleyes::lol:

All the best

Rob

More abuse Rob, is that the best you can manage?

So, myself 90% of the contributors on here, Sam Ermolenko, Kelvin Tatum, Lee Richardson and now Jon Cook all have 'no knowledge of speedway' because Rob thinks he knows better.

Here's another quote for you from Graham Jones, former Wolves rider.

"Gollob thats one of the biggest no-no's in speedway - you *******"

I suppose he has no knowledge about speedway either.

So, myself 90% of the contributors on here

Anthony,

It's been about 50/50 on here - you may have posted 100 times but that doesn't count 100 times :rolleyes:

And anyone who probably understands the rules of speedway will agree that Gollob did nothing wrong. He is perfectly entitled to change line down the straight. I'll tell you what, next time the GP is on I'll take note is all the times the riders change line down the straight and point it out to you. Are you going to stop every single race and exclude them? :lol:

All the best

Rob

Anthony,

It's been about 50/50 on here - you may have posted 100 times but that doesn't count 100 times :rolleyes:

And anyone who probably understands the rules of speedway will agree that Gollob did nothing wrong. He is perfectly entitled to change line down the straight. I'll tell you what, next time the GP is on I'll take note is all the times the riders change line down the straight and point it out to you. Are you going to stop every single race and exclude them? :lol:

All the best

Rob

Rob, you sound more and more ridiculous every time you post.

Now, as you are saying I don't understand the rules, please go and find me the rule in speedway that says that Gollob is allowed to change his line and in doing so wipe another rider out.

I'll be waiting.. and waiting... and waiting. Why? Because there isn't one. There is no rule that says the rider in front can change his line, its a myth. As you have pointed out, it is a riders choice to change his line but if it involves wiping out another rider then he is at fault and should be excluded.

What do you make of Jon Cooks comments? They seem highly scathing of Mr Gollob do they not? Is he another that has no knowledge? How about Graham Jones? Does he have no knowledge?

I'll be waiting.. and waiting... and waiting. Why? Because there isn't one. There is no rule that says the rider in front can change his line, its a myth. As you have pointed out, it is a riders choice to change his line but if it involves wiping out another rider then he is at fault and should be excluded.

Anthony,

Yes, it was Gollob's choice to change line, just as it was Jonsson's choice to continue up the inside. If the rider in front loses control, then yes that's his fault. Please point at which stage Gollob was out of control? Jonsson ran into Gollob - not the other way around.

What amazes me if you refusal to accept that other people can have an opinion that differs from your own. As I've said several times, I'm perfectly entitled to have an opinion and to believe that my opinion is correct. How come you refuse to accept that?

All the best

Rob

Anthony,

Yes, it was Gollob's choice to change line, just as it was Jonsson's choice to continue up the inside. If the rider in front loses control, then yes that's his fault. Please point at which stage Gollob was out of control? Jonsson ran into Gollob - not the other way around.

What amazes me if you refusal to accept that other people can have an opinion that differs from your own. As I've said several times, I'm perfectly entitled to have an opinion and to believe that my opinion is correct. How come you refuse to accept that?

All the best

Rob

Because Rob, it is the most dangerous move in speedway and nothing gets riders more incensed. I have seen it first hand following an almost exact same incident in 96 at Belle Vue. It is not up to AJ to avoid someone cutting across the front of him. You should only cut across someone if you are a clear bike length in front and it is safe to do so. Gollob wasn't.

You can have an opinion, that is fine, all I have been doing is debating with you. What I object to is your constant references to having 'no knowledge of speedway' and 'speedway rules'.

I also find it amusing how you avoid the fact that those who would truly know what is and isn't dangerous on a bike (i.e. riders) have condemned the move.

Edited by BWitcher

I also find it amusing how you avoid the fact that those who would truly know what is and isn't dangerous on a bike (i.e. riders) have condemned the move.

Anthony,

But the riders are divided on the subject as well - I spoke to a rider on Saturday who thought Gollob had done nothing wrong.

Personally, what I find amusing is that you think you know better than Tony Steele who has refereed 20+ GP rounds and is the best referee in the world. I think he knows what he's doing. :wink:

All the best

Rob

Anthony,

But the riders are divided on the subject as well - I spoke to a rider on Saturday who thought Gollob had done nothing wrong.

Personally, what I find amusing is that you think you know better than Tony Steele who has refereed 20+ GP rounds and is the best referee in the world. I think he knows what he's doing. :wink:

All the best

Rob

Interesting that its pretty much accepted that Steele had a nightmare GP with several bad decisions.

Anyone can claim they have 'spoken' to a rider, as I did myself. However, I have backed up riders points of view with 5 who have stated in public that it was Gollobs fault. So far, you've provided 0.

This reminds me of a court case in which case you'd be laughed out of court with your 'expert' Tony Steele witness.

Anyway Rob, its been fun, but shall we just agree to disagree at this point? We don't want to break any records regarding length of a thread.. thats for Poole threads only! :)

Interesting that its pretty much accepted that Steele had a nightmare GP with several bad decisions.

Anyone can claim they have 'spoken' to a rider, as I did myself. However, I have backed up riders points of view with 5 who have stated in public that it was Gollobs fault. So far, you've provided 0.

This reminds me of a court case in which case you'd be laughed out of court with your 'expert' Tony Steele witness.

Anyway Rob, its been fun, but shall we just agree to disagree at this point? We don't want to break any records regarding length of a thread.. thats for Poole threads only! :)

Anthony - I would argue that Tony Steele handled a very difficult GP extremely well.

You have to remember that Sky's production will (quite naturally) be biased towards those who ride in Britain. I'm sure the Polish coverage had three riders defending Gollob. :wink:

Yes, I'm also tiring of the argument now - I'd say I've won on points but you can have a draw if you like. :rolleyes::lol:

All the best

Rob

Rob

Everyone is extremely tired of your argument. I notice you never answered one of my points earlier, so I assume you've never raced a speedway bike, so to say that Jonsson could have done anything about the crash is understandable, given your naivety. You are entitled to your opinion, even if it is completely wrong, but I'll let you have the last word as I see you are one of those people.

ALL THE BEST! :wink:

Rob

Everyone is extremely tired of your argument. :

Everyone, Speedyguy?

Sweeping generalisations seem to be most of your side of the arguement, pal. I'd suggest removing the blinkers before you next decide you can speak for "Everyone".

I'm afraid I totally disagree with you and Bwitcher; hardly makes it everyone, does it?

Everyone, Speedyguy?

Sweeping generalisations seem to be most of your side of the arguement, pal. I'd suggest removing the blinkers before you next decide you can speak for "Everyone".

I'm afraid I totally disagree with you and Bwitcher; hardly makes it everyone, does it?

BFD - it is a rather sweeping statement from Speedy69, isn't it? He certainly is not speaking for everyone, as this thread has proved. His post shows a certain arrogance - with the way he adopts his own view as "everyone".

Speedy69, what the hell does it matter if I've ridden a speedway bike? It's totally immaterial. I've seen enough speedway over the years (somewhere around 1500 meetings) to be able to use my own judgement when I see an incident. And I'll make my own mind up, thank you very much.

Therefore, it's not "everyone". It's not me, it's not BFD, it's not Jeff, it's not several others who have posted on this thread.

All the best

Rob

Blimey, talk about the irresistible force v the immovable object. Can't you two agree to disagree? Or is that not a manly thing to do? ;)

Edited by rabbit

Rob

Everyone is extremely tired of your argument.

Says the whole of the forum!!!!!!

Except Bwitcher HAS to be right - most know that!!!!

Some one tell Anthony PLEASE :lol:

Says the whole of the forum!!!!!!

Except Bwitcher HAS to be right - most know that!!!!

Some one tell Anthony PLEASE :lol:

I think you will find we agreed above, but again Steve you don't read what people post.

I'm quite happy. Everyone who has ridden a bike and has commented thinks Gollob's move was extremely dangerous. Apart from Rob's mysterious unquoted 'rider'.

And Rob.. you might have earned a points decision, but stevebrum's support for you swayed the judges and I won by unanimous decision! :)

And to repeat so you understand Steve... ROB AND I HAVE AGREED TO DISAGREE!

I don't read what people post.

I'm quite happy. Everyone who has ridden a bike and has commented thinks Gollob's move was extremely dangerous.

OH NO THEY HAVEN'T!! :mad: (He's behind you!! :lol: )

Will this Pantomime ever end? :blink: