British Speedway Forum

Blimey that looks a good line-up, really looking forward to this meeting.

Let's hope there is a good turn out and to show support for the charity of AJ's choice which is Guide Dogs for The Blind.

Didn't think I'd be at this one, but now it seems I will be. Got some decent riders in the line ups, so it should be a good meeting :D

The Young Lions team looks stronger than the Roos team, I mean Tai and Lewis are certainly PL heatleaders, no heatleaders in the Roos team! TBH I know it's Young Roos but Ash's best mate really could have been included, perhaps he still can at Number 8, he's not exactly an "old boy" after all and the Roos "may" need a little bolstering??

Well I'd have thought he would have liked to have been involved in some way for sure!

E-mail received from the NA this morning.......................

This Wednesday night at 7:30pm the King’s Lynn Stars take a break from regular league racing, for a special night of racing in memory of Ashley Jones. Ashley was a young Australian who spent the majority of the 2005 season riding for the Stars and winning many fans hearts in that time. He unfortunately died just after returning back to his native land on 13th November 2005 while racing speedway.

The King’s Lynn promotion have decide to hold a team meeting rather than an individual and have put the Young Lions up against the Young Roos. ‘Ashley would have loved to have been part of a meeting like this, he came over to England with hardly any money and had to work his way up, he is reminiscent of most of the young Brits and Aussies in this meeting. It gives these young guys a chance to shine against riders of their own calibre rather than against established heat leaders that they race against every week in the Premier league. Add on top of that the traditional rivalry and pride between the two countries and it will be a fantastic meeting’ said Stars promoter, Jonathan Chapman.

A controversial inclusion in the Young Roos line up is 17 year old British Under 21 Champion, Tai Woffinden. Team manager, Rob Lyon, explains the reason, ‘basically I felt the Lions were looking a bit too strong so I asked Tai to race for the Roos, it doesn’t mean anything because the meeting is not official but at the end of the day he does have an aussie accent!’. The Roos have a solid line up with James Holder making his 2008 debut at the circuit plus the return of Ty Proctor and Arlo Bugeja from last week. The two riders the fans will know best and need no introduction are Kozza Smith and John Oliver, Mitchell Davey is the final man and for those who don’t know him he actually resided and practiced at Kings Lynn for a few weeks in 2007 before signing for the Glasgow Tigers in 2008.

The Young Lions will be lead by local hero, Simon Lambert, he will be joined by Eastbourne star, Lewis Bridger and also James Brundle, who returns to his home track after riding alongside Lewis in the Elite League this season. The very talented Jerran Hart returns after his excellent showing for Newcastle two weeks back and the much loved, ex stars rider, Darren Mallett also makes an apperance. The Lions team is completed by Josh Auty from Redcar and Sam Martin (subject to fitness) from Sheffield.

Admission prices are as normal, Adults £12, Concessions £8, 12-15yrs £4 and all kids 11 yrs and under FREE. A donation will be made to the Association for Blind Dogs which is a registered charity and was something Ashley supported himself.

YOUNG LIONS

1.Lewis Bridger (Eastbourne)

2.Josh Auty (Redcar)

3.James Brundle (Eastbourne)

4.Darren Mallett (Boston)

5.Simon Lambert (KL)

6.Jerran Hart (Newcastle)

7.Sam Martin (Sheffield )

TM Richard Knight

YOUNG ROOS

1.Tai Woffinden (Rye House)

2.Ty Proctor (Redcar)

3.Kozza Smith (KL)

4.James Holder (Island)

5.John Oliver (KL)

6.Mitchell Davey (Glasgow)

7.Arlo Bugeja (Redcar)

TM Rob Lyon

Heat one ought to be lively!

A cracking line up which should provide some great action.

Heat one ought to be lively!

A cracking line up which should provide some great action.

lol going to be a cracking meeting I think :approve:

Glad also that Knighty is TM for the Young Lion's.

Certainly looks a cracking meeting, hope to make this one should be an entertaining evening

does anyone know if this is going to be on Dvd ?? as i'l be at poole that night

Spoke with Mike Bennett the other day, and yes we are filming it, We thought the line up deserved a DVD

Great way to honour Ash's memory - even if we hafta have a Pom ridin' for Oz!! ;)

Great way to honour Ash's memory - even if we hafta have a Pom ridin' for Oz!! ;)

And an Aussie riding for the Poms! :blink:

Really looking forward to this one, two cracking little teams, let's just hope the weather is kind to us and allows this meeting to go ahead.

Just SO pleased that Ashley continues to be remembered in speedway for the lovely guy he was. :approve:

Really looking forward to this one, two cracking little teams, let's just hope the weather is kind to us and allows this meeting to go ahead.

Just SO pleased that Ashley continues to be remembered in speedway for the lovely guy he was. :approve:

I'm absolutely certain SS that Ashley will NEVER be forgotten by those who met him.