British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Coppernut

David Mcallan Farewell Meeting

The fomat is a three team tournament: Glasgow Select, Edinburgh Select and Workington Select

18 Heats, 6 riders in each team, each rider has 4 races

Heat 19 Superheat with top rider from each team along with an nominated rider.

Heat 20 fun race (details to be confirmed shortly)

Thanks Coppernut :approve:

Does that mean that each race one team will have two riders or is it two riders from each team each race balanced out over the afternoon?

Thanks Coppernut :approve:

Does that mean that each race one team will have two riders or is it two riders from each team each race balanced out over the afternoon?

The usual 3 team format is -

Team A v Team B in Heats 1, 4, 7, 10, 13 & 16;

Team B v Team C in Heats 2, 5, 8, 11, 14 & 17 and

Team C v Team A in Heats 3, 6, 9, 12, 15 & 18

There are 2 riders from each team per race.

And I know it's a week late but your new hairdo is looking good! ;)

Edited by David

HOT SWEDE OVER FOR DAVID’S MEET!

AND DEREK SNEDDON ALSO SIGNS UP!

DAVID MCALLAN has announced the two latest riders to sign up for his big meeting in September – and one of the name’s is certain to make a splash.

DEREK SNEDDON and David enjoyed many battles over the years and the pair were involved in many on-track skirmishes, although that’s as far as it ever went. But now Derek, current skipper of Edinburgh Monarchs, has agreed to take part. And David enthused: “I’m glad that `Skid’ is coming along. A lot of people think we’re enemies but nothing could be further from the truth. We’re both wholehearted – but FAIR – riders who never really gave an inch on track. “Derek and I always seemed to be in the thick of things during meetings between Glasgow and Edinburgh and you know how tensions can build in the white-hot atmosphere of derby encounters. But I’m so glad he will be there and, for me, it’s just another major plus-point of what is shaping up to be a great afternoon.” THE

SECOND name released by David will have fans reaching for the Who’s Who of speedway – but not for too much longer.

JEREMIA THELAUS is going all the way to the top and will have a queue of Premier League promoters reaching for contracts in the not-too-distant future.

STEVE LAWSON is coming up to the meeting but WON’T sadly be jumping on a bike. Steve assures us that his days of racing are well and truly OVER!!

Last week we announced that FSM Outdoor Advertising would be sponsoring the Workington Select. We also said a massive thanks to Fraser Smith but, of course, it should have read FRASER MACDONALD. For that error, we sincerely apologise to Fraser

There will be loads happening and all the info will be released with each weekly press release.

CHECK OUT DAVID’S WEBSITE Click here

DAVID MCALLAN has announced the two latest riders to sign up for his big meeting in September – and one of the name’s is certain to make a splash.

DEREK SNEDDON and David enjoyed many battles over the years and the pair were involved in many on-track skirmishes, although that’s as far as it ever went. But now Derek, current skipper of Edinburgh Monarchs, has agreed to take part. And David enthused: “I’m glad that `Skid’ is coming along. A lot of people think we’re enemies but nothing could be further from the truth. We’re both wholehearted – but FAIR – riders who never really gave an inch on track. “Derek and I always seemed to be in the thick of things during meetings between Glasgow and Edinburgh and you know how tensions can build in the white-hot atmosphere of derby encounters. But I’m so glad he will be there and, for me, it’s just another major plus-point of what is shaping up to be a great afternoon.” THE

SECOND name released by David will have fans reaching for the Who’s Who of speedway – but not for too much longer.

JEREMIA THELAUS is going all the way to the top and will have a queue of Premier League promoters reaching for contracts in the not-too-distant future.

STEVE LAWSON is coming up to the meeting but WON’T sadly be jumping on a bike. Steve assures us that his days of racing are well and truly OVER!!

Last week we announced that FSM Outdoor Advertising would be sponsoring the Workington Select. We also said a massive thanks to Fraser Smith but, of course, it should have read FRASER MACDONALD. For that error, we sincerely apologise to Fraser

There will be loads happening and all the info will be released with each weekly press release.

what a great line up hope it is a bumper crowd ,to help such a wonderful lad.

Unfortunately I will have just started a holiday the previous day so therefore can't make it up for David's Farewell Meeting. :angry: (What a lovely name David is) :lol:

Will do my best with the auction and other things as usual. :wink:

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Cancel that holiday Tsunami! Or delay it a day - I'm sure Mrs Tsunami wont mind :wink:

I think its lining up to be a great day - has anyone ordered the weather? :lol:

ps thanks David re hair :oops:

Saw him earlier this month - did OK, but I was more impressed by Linus Sundstrom

MR SHOWMAN UP FOR DAVID’S MEET!

AND RUSTY ALSO IN TOWN!

MR TESTIMONIAL is coming to town to show his support for David, and Wee Mac has also revealed that an ex-Tiger, Monarch and Comet will also be heading for Ashfield.

STEVE `JONNO’ JOHNSTON has agreed to travel to Ashfield on Sunday September 7th (subject to overseas commitments) and this news is sure to set the speedway drums beating.

RUSTY HARRISON is also on his way back to Ashfield – but for one day only. Rusty started his pro career with Glasgow after he was given his big break by then promoter Brian Sands in 2001. Unfortunately chose to move to Workington the following term but Ashfield fans have never stopped being thrilled by his all-action style.

David added: “I’m really pleased with the way everything is coming together. I’ve been in touch with some fantastic riders but I can’t say too much more until they actually agree to ride!! Names will be released in due course.”

And David has a treat in store for Tigers fans with long memories. www.davidmcallanracing.co.uk

A massive thank you to EVENT MEDIX, the premier First Aid team, who have kindly agreed to sponsor the costs of the ambulance for David’s big meeting. Grand gesture from the team there!!

And another huge thanks to Mick Kowal of Leicester who has kindly agreed to sponsor the Edinburgh Select Monarchs.

Mick was the lucky winner of the Danish Grand Prix tickets in David’s raffle and the guys have kept in touch. Thanks again Mick!

For full press release see www.davidmcallanracing.co.uk

Jonno's quite a catch there coppernut - we better warn the bar in case Jonno and Shane get together :wink:

Jonno's quite a catch there coppernut - we better warn the bar in case Jonno and Shane get together :wink:

and not forgetting one of johnos best mates stoney lioness dont forget they were the two who got nicked over in oz for streaking across the field during a footy match after a few shandies :lol:

Edited by mervjankefanclub

Could turn out to be quite a party in the bar after the meeting then . :lol:

The question is should I bring my zoom lens? :shock:

Merve, I never knew about the Aus thing! Probably before I started watching but sounds typical lol

i am sure i read it in stoneys testimonial prog lioness i think stoney said he kept his trainers on and johno went barefoot but that was ok because hes an abo :lol:

Edited by mervjankefanclub

DAVID is delighted to announce that this week’s additions to his Farewell Meeting are two of the most stylish and popular names in the speedway world. They really are!!

SIMON STEAD is revered at Ashfield not only for his points-gathering prowess but also for his superb all-action style and his inclusion alone is sure to swell the gate.

AND David struck gold when he received a call moments after putting the phone down to Simon. On the other end of the blower was DANIEL NERMARK – only the top averaged rider in the Premier League at the moment.

Visit David's website for more details