British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
KEITH M

Speedway Fans

If you go to the top of this General Discussions thread you will see a section for injured riders where all fans send their best wishes to injured riders, yet in the final of the Grand Prix tonight a rider crashes on the home straight does a couple of somersaults and the majority of fans can't wait to show their delight by cheering before they know if this rider is injured or not( and I bet a few of them who cheered have sent best wishes on the afore mentioned thread) :mad:

Thats what nicki P gets for what he does on track.... his choice.

If speedway still had the 30 yard marker people wouldn't be booing him, it's the rules that need changing and sack that ref of course!!!!

Edited by Trees

Agree with everything you said, Keith, though had you asked me a few hours ago my words would have been much stronger.

I dont think it was a cheer for him falling.I personally dont cheer for any rider falling,World Champ or complete novice.However,I do understand the irony of it all.Cheating his way to the Final and then falling.

To me it was for his 'professional fouls' in getting Leigh and Bjarne excluded. :mad:

Yes,I honestly believe he knew what he was doing in those races. :mad:

A lot of Poles by me cheered when Nicki hit the deck and booed when he got up,no-one else by me seemed to.

I dont think it was a cheer for him falling.I personally dont cheer for any rider falling,World Champ or complete novice.However,I do understand the irony of it all.Cheating his way to the Final and then falling.

To me it was for his 'professional fouls' in getting Leigh and Bjarne excluded. :mad:

That`s the way I saw it as well.

All to often,Niki P seems to go down quicker than a prostitute short of a few bob.

Your all idiots if you think he is to blame!

The ref decided to excluded Liegh for that first bend incident, and it was the ref who decided to exclude Bjarne! Just becuse a rider may have been very lucky on more than on occasion, you cant say he cheated!

I seem to remember in a GP last year Mr Steele was referee, Nicholls was involved in an incident with Matej Zagar! Zagar was controversially excluded! DID YOU CALL NICHOLLS A CHEAT THEN!

It happens everyday someone gets excluded wrongly and fans naturally slag the rider who may have been or was at fault off!

Its Wrong!

Edited by Stephen JIM Owens

Nicki does tend to glide across the deck rather easily.

Not moaning because if it works fair play

Your all idiots if you think he is to blame!

It happens everyday someone gets excluded wrongly and fans naturally slag the rider who may have been or was at fault off!

Its Wrong!

Oh Dear Mr Owens, you've let me down badly on this one !!

I was in total agreement on this issue and agree it's wrong to brand Pedersen as a "Cheat", but for you to blast everyone for being wrong, can I remind you of a post you made on the 25th May ..... forgotten ? - well it went like this .....

"Just watching the repeat of the Speedway Grand Prix and just wanted to know what other peoples thoughts are on the incident between AJ and Gollob!

Personally Im not a fan of Gollob anyway so therfore my view might be a tad bias but... what a dirty b*****d! The sport is dangerous enough without having to worry about people doing stupid things in front of somone. And to top it off I think the ref excluded the wrong rider! You could clearly see in the replays that Gollob was turning left too early."

Yeah I agree .... it's wrong - but only when it suits some people !!

If you go to the top of this General Discussions thread you will see a section for injured riders where all fans send their best wishes to injured riders, yet in the final of the Grand Prix tonight a rider crashes on the home straight does a couple of somersaults and the majority of fans can't wait to show their delight by cheering before they know if this rider is injured or not( and I bet a few of them who cheered have sent best wishes on the afore mentioned thread) :mad:

A very small minority, Keith. Most of us are sickened by the crashes. :cry:

If speedway still had the 30 yard marker people wouldn't be booing him, it's the rules that need changing and sack that ref of course!!!!

Oh please Trees- I've always had you down as one of the more intelligent forum members...please don't say you think the 30 yard marker was for where a rider could move off his line?! :blink: This never WAS it's purpose and is one of the great speedway urban myths! The 30 yard marker was the last point where a rider could get outside assistance to get his bike going. It never had any link with riders moving off the line!!! :rolleyes:

Or were you joking?! :unsure:

Can't stand they guy, I happily booed him all night but when he was climbing on the podium I thought the booing was poor. The guy had a massive crash yet dragged his bike off the track and it's not the first time he's done it.

He plays the system, good for him, it his job to do that.

You must be an idiot, and as blind as the referee, if you think people were cheering because they want to see a rider being hurt or injured.

People were cheering the sense of great poetic justice which had been done thereby stopping the GP turning into a bigger farce than that which they had already seen through the actions of that rider, his buddy referee, and Danish godfather.

It was a cheer for Leigh Adams, for Bjarne Pedersen, and justice.