British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayTShirts

** Cardiff Gp Music / Presentation **

Music was brilliant IMO, some awesome song choices and it really added to it all.

And btw.. me and lilmisstiger managed the Hokey Cokey :wink:

Too Right ;)

Excellent choice of music tbh!!

wizard of oz just made me giggle!!

i joined in for "Land of soap and glory, surf works hard in the wash" (Ahhh adverts nowadayss :unsure: )

i seemed to know every song they played and every one made me want to get up and dance :D

All Added to the atmosphere!

oooohh and loved the choice of song for nikki p in the finall!! LEGENDARY :D x

I personally enjoyed it and thought the music was more apt than in previous years although there was a time when Chris and or Niels was still down on the track and light hearted music started playing which I thought was inappropriate.

The W***** song was hysterical and had me in stitches!

The Land of Hope and Glory had me in tears especially when I looked around and saw all the flags waving.....

If I had a choice, I would prefer the music this year to previous years.

Guest Babe619

I enjoyed the music, especially Arctic Monkeys and the hokey cokey ;)

Music was amazing! Enjoyed it very much especially Agadoo! Think i scared Vog by knowing the dance to it! and the hokey cokey was great also! =)

I've mentioned it on another thread, the accoustics in the top tier (3rd bend) were awful, but this is surely a fault of the stadium sound system, not the DJ's.

Got to agree with JT on that one,everything was echoing and bouncing off left right and centre, couldnt make out a single word the announcer was saying at 6.30 and combined with the giant screen on the first and second bend not working looked likely to take the gloss off it a bit,couldnt even get to see Belinda strutting her stuff... Before the racing started we thought we would move around to a couple of few thousand seats on 4th bend /home straight but alas some jobs worth female steward watch us negotiate a few hundred seats and then stopped us in our tracks and said no--you have to go back and sit the the two seats on your ticket :angry:

Returned tails between our legs and then SCB spotted us,he went and sussed out the territory like an SAS trooper in an advanced recky for a night attack,came back and got us and after negotiating a few rows of seats,barriers,and climbing over chairs in what seemed like a marines assault course managed to join fellow forum members on the 4th bend where we could hear clearly.

SCB and BSF 1-Jobsworth Steward 0 --Touche lady :angry:

Edited by Nevs

But I didnt like the Im a w*****r song and whilst probably the opinion of most it probably shouldnt have been playd.

They only played what people were thinking at the time :lol::wink:

In general it was great, but why do you insist in playing that song by the pervert Gary Glitter, it dosent seem right, his music isnt played on the radio and the only time the scumbag is mentioed on the Tele is when he is at it again abusing another poor innocent child. No more please, dont let this perverts music ever be played agian.

Music was brilliant IMO, some awesome song choices and it really added to it all.

And btw.. me and lilmisstiger managed the Hokey Cokey :wink:

SCB and I also managed this. And a fe others as well. Evidence is in Jenns facebook unfortunately.

SuperB - we have given you feedback - how about you telling us what you think worked and didnt.

AND when you get info from FIM tell us what they said - please :lol:

I thought the music/presentation was brilliant, made a comment on the night to the people I was with, certainly gets my vote for further GP's. It added to the enjoyment of the night for me and Land of Hope and Glory playing when Bomber was walking back to the pits after his crash was very emotional. Please come back to Coventry!

Thoughts on Cardiff presentation:

Freestyle MX: good but got boring quickly until the guy back flipped

Belinda Carlise: Absolute rubbish - why do BSI think we will keep accepting this sort of thing? Thought they would have learnt from the Chas and Dave debacle last year.

The other singer: Sang well, almost got the crowd behind him but who was he?

Musical links during racing: Very good. Was spot on apart from the Adams/Hancock 'dead heat'. Thought 'Land of hope and glory' was an inspired choice for Bomber's walk back to the pits. Agree it was a little too loud so it got distorted.

Most of the sound bites were as we have had at Cov but the W******** song was completely unecessary - another case of the DJ being too clever for his own good!

Only other comment was the flame throwers - not 100% sure it was a good idea but at least it was different.

Was aimed at the REF ;) but seemed to meet a dual purpose lol :)

I thought that was superb. :rolleyes:

By the way, music was excellent all night.

He's from Aus...or Bristol.....not Oz.

He's from Holstebro...nowhere near Copenhagen.

Just find this playing rubbish old records just because they might have some vague connection to the rider, very naff and embarrassing. Especially when you've clearly failed CSE geography.

If it was a modern song, and actually relevant, it might just work.

I think you'll find that almost the entire stadium was engaged and enjoying the music, it did work.

all fall down was for Bombers mechanic who went ** up on the centre green and then took a bow :)

I saw the guy fall over and have to agree the guy played up to the crowd, I have met the guy on a few occasions, and I have to say he is real character, and a good laugh. :lol: :lol:

SCB and I also managed this. And a fe others as well. Evidence is in Jenns facebook unfortunately.

SuperB - we have given you feedback - how about you telling us what you think worked and didnt.

AND when you get info from FIM tell us what they said - please :lol:

Not sure if the FIM will give us feedback? I really enjoyed it, I've taken on board a few changes, I really thought the Bomber incident got great coverage on SKY they used the stadium footage with no talking for about 60 secs so it must have been impressive!

The idea is to be tacky with some of the music and jingles and our style is to choose a song for a rider and then constantly go with it. I know we will never please everyone but I'm very much into hearing peoples opinions and then making an educated decision on what to run with.

The Easy Chants in the Rock n Roll weren't liked by some at Brandon, especially visitors but we listened spoke to the powers that be and decided to still run with it. And the team members took the easy easy onboard in a big way as they still use it to date when they have a great meeting or something impressive happens.

Some changes were made yesterday throughout the meeting on the Event Managers requests, they were the people paying us at the end of the day. We continue to learn with stuff each time we do a meeting, this was the biggest thing I've ever worked at.

The Land of Hope and Glory was one little part of the day that whether you watched on Sky or were in the Stadium that I'm sure people will fondly remember for a long time and that was down to me :)

At the end of the day we run with the policy that there's a lot of time to fill in a speedway meeting and we want to entertain people to keep the sport growing from strength to strength. It'd be far more profitable to just do disco's in pubs and singing gigs but speedway's in our blood and I guess that's why we make it our priority to put on the best show we possibly can ;)

Superbart,

I thought the presentation was absolutely first class. Took my brother along, who hasn't been to speedway since about 1989 when he was 8 years old. He loved every minute and commented on how the presentation and music was so much part of the show.

Just look at the interaction and reactions from the crowd to get your response.

The majority complaining on here (and there are only a few) are the usual suspects who do nothing but whinge on every topic.

1st class job, hope you get the gig again next year!