British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayTShirts

** Cardiff Gp Music / Presentation **

Nice to see Birmingham Speedway so well represented with their centre green presenter Chris and their inspirational music maestro Rich joining forces to bring sensational music to the G.P. on saturday. The choice of music was fine and even the tracks causing comments were tame compared to the general level of language suffered by all at any sporting event these days, take note Mr Barker and family!!! The general census of opinion is Coventrys loss is Brummies gain this season so come to Perry Bar Mr Trump And see a real promotion at work.

Sat and watched it at home and from what i could hear music wise it was spot on what made laugh the most was the tune when i think it was Iversen fell collecting Bomber on the way. I think it was 'que sara sara' note spelling possible wrong title but you get the general idea.

I thought the presentation was excellent, well constructed and highly, appropriate as well as very amusing at times. One thing that struck me in a quieter moment during the evening was how well 'promoted' the whole event was, in contrast to much of the domestic speedway now on offer in the UK. I understand that we have significant constraints with Ssadia etc. but John Cook's recent diatribe makes no sense at all, the GPs are the jewel in the speedway crown & Cardiff is the jewel in GPs crown and yet the sport continues to struggle in the UK......?

I have long thought that the sport is much the poorer for the loss of the big name promoters of the past & those that have shown initiative such as Mr Sandhu see their efforts blocked by continual downsizing of the sport in this country. Saturday night proved yet again that speedway is a wonderful product, it's time for a root and branch review of every aspect of speedway in the UK & some radical changes as happened with the old world championship before we become a speedway backwater, famous for 'watching' speedway in the same way we are famous for staging Wimbledon and 'watching' tennis.

Thanks for all the responses, I hadn't anticipated so many LOL ;) Got plenty to go on now.

It's good to get all the feedback and take it on board so that improvements can be made at future events.

& thanks also to the mods for allowing a seperate thread when there's so many Cardiff one's going on!

Bart :)

Have to say the motorcycle stunt guys at start were very good.

We could do without having a complete and utter clown in the referee's box next year though.

The presentation was a great improvment on last year - well done.

However the sound system was poor. i was on the second level by the fourth bend and the sound was horribly distorted.

Just like to add my congrats on the music content at Saturdays GP. The songs were alive and relevant with funny connections to the appropriate rider. Normally you just sit there and listen to noise which just becomes 'background' after awhile. On Saturday, you were constantly listening for the music and even the connections especially when the wrong song was played for the winner. I know it is the speedway that we are there for but thoughful presentation like this makes the evening even better and will encourage all(except JL) to come back next year. Well done. :lol:

:blink::blink:

a 4 year old would not have a clue what was meant by the song. If the kid understood the song you have to question their upbringing.

Totally agree.

I think I must be like a 4 year old as well 'cos I never even heard any "offensive" words. I presume it must be a more recent song because I've lost track of the Top Twenty these days. :lol:

How about telling me exactly when it was played so I can listen out for it on my recording and be offended. :P

I think I must be like a 4 year old as well 'cos I never even heard any "offensive" words. I presume it must be a more recent song because I've lost track of the Top Twenty these days. :lol:

How about telling me exactly when it was played so I can listen out for it on my recording and be offended. :P

I reckon you are a bit mutt n jeff.All those air horns and you without ear defenders.

I SAY, ALL THOSE AIR HORNS WITHOUT ANY EAR DEFENDERS, DEAR

I wouldn't suggest a song for Bjarne at all. You miss the point. I'm saying do away completely with the naff idea of playing some crap song that no one wants to hear just because you think it has some bizarre tenuous link to a rider in the race.

Thought the Rule Brittania was OK played once, but it got on our nerves.

Brittania no longer rules the waves, or hadn't you noticed?

Some of the music was OK, some not. You won't please all of the people, I understand that, but I've heard better than some you played.

One thing I didn't like was changing the coming-to-tapes music. It was a mess! Why not use the same music for each heat?

Some of the music was OK, some not. You won't please all of the people, I understand that, but I've heard better than some you played.

Such as?

Thought the Rule Brittania was OK played once, but it got on our nerves.

Brittania no longer rules the waves, or hadn't you noticed?

One thing I didn't like was changing the coming-to-tapes music. It was a mess! Why not use the same music for each heat?

yeah i think the pakistanis and afghanis rule the waves before we do!

The themed music just displayed all what is wrong with the sport.

Uncool, cheesy, abit pathetic and way behind the times.

You can just see the fans dancing around in their wulfsport jackets, Lonsdale jumpers, riders hats and wearing shoe zone trainers. This is where the sport is at so its no surprise to see everyone being happy with the presentation, but if you want to attract different and more importantly younger people to speedway then you have no chance using the sort of music that was played. Its just not cool I'm afraid. Perfect for the average speedway fan, but anyone from outside would just laugh.

I reckon you are a bit mutt n jeff.All those air horns and you without ear defenders.

I SAY, ALL THOSE AIR HORNS WITHOUT ANY EAR DEFENDERS, DEAR

Yep - got that loud and clear! :lol:

So at what point was this song played then? I'm determined to find out and be offended. :P

Now you might just have a point there, which is probably my only criticism of the music. There seemed to be a couple of tunes going on at the same time and didn't stop when the riders were revving up at the tapes. Perhaps just a fanfare would do next year?

Perfect for the average speedway fan, but anyone from outside would just laugh.

That's okay then because we are the "average speedway fan" inside the Millenium Stadium so who cares what anyone else thinks?

The line goes "I'm a w@nker I'm a w@nker..." as Nicki was walking away from the 2nd first turn incident (with Bjarne).

Ah..thank you. Must have missed that because I was too busy booing Nicki. :lol:

Edited by Gemini

Banana Splits ..... One Bjarne two Bjarne three Bjarne Four! :approve:

That's a fantastic suggestion. :lol:

The line goes "I'm a w@nker I'm a w@nker..." as Nicki was walking away from the 2nd first turn incident (with Bjarne).

Cracked me up and although I agree that's it's borderline for a family audience SCB is right. No young ears would have clocked it. And if they did then you wonder how they know what it means. Younger teenagers may well have heard and understood, but I would suggest that they hear much worse on the street and at school every day of the week.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

'Bad Boys' was a great choice.

I find some of the riders' tunes cheesy and old but that's partly because I've heard them so many times.

On the whole the music was good. Plenty of upbeat tunes to keep everyone on their toes. Sometimes you hear music that just sends you to sleep. Could stand to hear a lot more Bon Jovi, Aerosmith, Guns 'n Roses... ;)

Edited by 21st century heathen