British Speedway Forum

Nicki did leave greg nowhere to go but didnt Scott do the same to Hans last night if Hans had fell of Scott would hve been excluded but Hans always say he will fight to sty on the bike rather than falling off and thats what he done scott was lucky

Edited by bubbles

And there's me thinking they do it for the thrill, the buzz, the damn good lifestyle plenty of them have which beats a mundane 9 to 5 existence. I think if you ask most riders why they ride speedway, entertainment of the crowd comes quite a way down the list... :rolleyes:

Soldiers out in Afghanistan and Iraq risk their lives week in and out on the front line - these guys ride bikes cos it's what they love to do! A little sense of perspective is needed here me thinks...

If you go to the top of this General Discussions thread you will see a section for injured riders where all fans send their best wishes to injured riders

and i may have only been young but what bout people like Wayne Garret From newcastle in the early 90's i wuld say thy risk their life

have you ever been on a speedway bike

Edited by bubbles

Just watched Euro 2008 final and lost count the number of times I saw players appealing for corners and free kicks that they knew weren't theirs. Is that not cheating? but I bet they ain't getting slagged off on football forums

have you ever been on a speedway bike

I do believe rabbit has been on a speedway bike, have you?

If you go to the top of this General Discussions thread you will see a section for injured riders where all fans send their best wishes to injured riders

and i may have only been young but what bout people like Wayne Garret From newcastle in the early 90's i wuld say thy risk their life

I think I've been on here long enough to know all about the topics and threads, and I'm well aware of the risks that riders take, and the unfortunate fact that some get injured and worse. I certainly don't wish to belittle that. But just like people in plenty of professions get injured in their line of work every day, I'm just saying keep a sense of prospective in this hysterical 'they risk their lives for you' malarkey - I've spoken to plenty of riders over the years and they ride this sport because they love it, not because they're heroic in putting themselves out for us on the terraces is all.

And yes I have ridden a speedway bike actually. :approve: But what does that have to do with anything? :unsure:

Edited by rabbit

i have many a time and rabbit wants to get onto a bike and then might respect what the lads do a bit more

Err excuse me - I have ridden a speedway bike, and I have full respect for the skills of the riders. I'm just more realistic about the reasons why riders actually ride bikes... Perhaps we shall have to agree to disagree....

And yes I have ridden a speedway bike actually. :approve: But what does that have to do with anything? :unsure:

in which case you should respect what they do and how hard they fall

Just watched Euro 2008 final and lost count the number of times I saw players appealing for corners and free kicks that they knew weren't theirs. Is that not cheating? but I bet they ain't getting slagged off on football forums

here here well said

The rider named is the biggest cheat that i have known in speedway and i have not beeen a fan for a long time (say no more unlesd you want to).

I FEEL VERY STRONG ABOUT A RIDER WHO GETS 2 RIDERS ELIMINATED BY STAYING DOWN PRETENDING TO BE INJURED AND THEN GETTING UP AND FEELING FINE. I KNOW SOME PEOPLE WILL NOT LIKE THIS BUT I REALLY THINK IF THIS RIDER CARRIES ON DOING THESE SORT OF THINGS AND GETS AWAY WITH IT THEN I WILL START TO SAVE MY MONEY AND NOT BOTHER WITH GP's ALONG WITH OTHER PEOPLE AS THIS IS BLATENT CHEATING.

Chris Harris after smashing in to the fench heat 20 (near where we were 4 bend) top man for deciding to carry on racing and just shows what a twit and prat is mentioned above.

Apologies if the above offends people but there you go.

Just maybe MR N Pedersen would like to join this thread and explain his actions yesterday (NOT)

in which case you should respect what they do and how hard they fall

I believe I've already answered that in my post above yours.

Edited by rabbit

The rider named is the biggest cheat that i have known in speedway and i have not beeen a fan for a long time (say no more unlesd you want to).

I FEEL VERY STRONG ABOUT A RIDER WHO GETS 2 RIDERS ELIMINATED BY STAYING DOWN PRETENDING TO BE INJURED AND THEN GETTING UP AND FEELING FINE. I KNOW SOME PEOPLE WILL NOT LIKE THIS BUT I REALLY THINK IF THIS RIDER CARRIES ON DOING THESE SORT OF THINGS AND GETS AWAY WITH IT THEN I WILL START TO SAVE MY MONEY AND NOT BOTHER WITH GP's ALONG WITH OTHER PEOPLE AS THIS IS BLATENT CHEATING.

Chris Harris after smashing in to the fench heat 20 (near where we were 4 bend) top man for deciding to carry on racing and just shows what a twit and prat is mentioned above.

Apologies if the above offends people but there you go.

What utter tosh, the referee made those desicions(sp) not Nicki so how can you call him a cheat, The track was Ole Olsens fault again boring slick tracks never produce decent meetings, get a bit of dirt on these tracks, and on the man made ones more EFFORT then the Gp's will become a damn sight better!!!.

Just maybe MR N Pedersen would like to join this thread and explain his actions yesterday (NOT)

now that would be interesting. :wink:

I doubt Nicki P really cares what people think. I suggest his broad grin entering the pits after strolling amid the cascade of boos and catcalls bears that out. His more immediate concern would be that, notwithstanding making the final, he looked pedestrian for much of the time in Cardiff, while Jason Crump finally looks to be back on the pace in the GPs.

Yes, it is trying to cheat the officials into giving a wrong decision, but no, they won't get slagged off as cheating is endemic in football. Something we don't want to happen in speedway.

FFS this thread really is pathetic. Booing I can accept as a bit of harmless fun but cheering loudly when a rider has a heavy fall :mad: There are many 'speedway fans' who should be ashamed of themselves after last night but I suspect they are still happy Nicki crashed out.

Edited by MrB