British Speedway Forum

:lol:

What race were you watching!

He moved out wide and took Hancock to the fence.

I did say I would only make one comment, as I don't want to start another "did he, didn't he?" debate... but just to say, I'm not disagreeing that Nicki took Greg wide, but it didn't look like there was any contact.

And that's all I'm saying... no point dragging something up from four years ago.

One of the unluckiest riders on the night was someone who I dont think has been mentioned at all over some of the incidents and re-runs is Hans Andersen. On two occasions he was leading and in the re-runs he finished 3rd. The first one in particular he was leading comfortably and I think it was on the 3rd lap and it should have been awarded. Unfortunately races dont seem to be awarded in GHPs for some reason!

A GP race cannot be awarded, but that rule was ignored last year when Gollob was impeeded on the last lap, I guess the referee decided to use some common sense on that occasion.

Hans did spray Freddie with shale when he was on the ground, so I was glad he come 3rd in the re-run and I was cheering for Hans in that race before his little strop. I doubt Freddie decided to fall off on purpose, his names not Nicki Pedersen :P:D

to be fair to freddie he was trying to pull his bike out from under the air fence but couldn't do it in time. i'm sure if hans had realised that, he wouldn't have reacted like that.

The rider named is the biggest cheat that i have known in speedway and i have not beeen a fan for a long time (say no more unlesd you want to).

I FEEL VERY STRONG ABOUT A RIDER WHO GETS 2 RIDERS ELIMINATED BY STAYING DOWN PRETENDING TO BE INJURED AND THEN GETTING UP AND FEELING FINE. I KNOW SOME PEOPLE WILL NOT LIKE THIS BUT I REALLY THINK IF THIS RIDER CARRIES ON DOING THESE SORT OF THINGS AND GETS AWAY WITH IT THEN I WILL START TO SAVE MY MONEY AND NOT BOTHER WITH GP's ALONG WITH OTHER PEOPLE AS THIS IS BLATENT CHEATING.

Chris Harris after smashing in to the fench heat 20 (near where we were 4 bend) top man for deciding to carry on racing and just shows what a twit and prat is mentioned above.

Apologies if the above offends people but there you go.

interesting how you name nicki as the worst cheat,and nominate harris as the upholder of all things fair and true.

i wonder if hans would agree, if he thought back to the dive that got him excluded in the world cup at reading

But the Polish plonker of a ref spoilt the besT GP ever for Bjarne Pedersen.

Oh, so Bjarne didn't WIN in Wroclaw in 2004 then :wink:

Oh, so Bjarne didn't WIN in Wroclaw in 2004 then :wink:

This time he won 4 out of 5 and would have won the semi.

I know he has won a GP before but his riding in this GP was by far his best performance by a long way.

In the 2004 GP at Wroclaw he only won 2 out of his 5 rides

Edited by Eastie

This time he won 4 out of 5 and would have won the semi.

I know he has won a GP before but his riding in this GP was by far his best performance by a long way

wow. eastie complimenting a poole rider :shock:

you feeling alright? :wink::lol:

wow. eastie complimenting a poole rider :shock:

you feeling alright? :wink::lol:

Yes, we dont all have the Shovlar rose tinted glasses

The rider named is the biggest cheat that i have known in speedway and i have not beeen a fan for a long time (say no more unlesd you want to).

I FEEL VERY STRONG ABOUT A RIDER WHO GETS 2 RIDERS ELIMINATED BY STAYING DOWN PRETENDING TO BE INJURED AND THEN GETTING UP AND FEELING FINE. I KNOW SOME PEOPLE WILL NOT LIKE THIS BUT I REALLY THINK IF THIS RIDER CARRIES ON DOING THESE SORT OF THINGS AND GETS AWAY WITH IT THEN I WILL START TO SAVE MY MONEY AND NOT BOTHER WITH GP's ALONG WITH OTHER PEOPLE AS THIS IS BLATENT CHEATING.

Chris Harris after smashing in to the fench heat 20 (near where we were 4 bend) top man for deciding to carry on racing and just shows what a twit and prat is mentioned above.

Apologies if the above offends people but there you go.

Can I just point out that contact was made with Nicki on both times by both Adams and Bjarne and although Nicki stayed down for a while and did not appear injured, he only did what Gollob has been doing for years, giving his pit crew time to repair his machinery.

This constant Nicki bashing is getting pathetic now :angry::angry::angry::angry:

Also, Nicki did not get two riders eliminated by staying down, I think the referee chose to disqualify them.

I do believe rabbit has been on a speedway bike, have you?

Luke Bowen was a rabbit on a speedway bike when IOW were the visitors in the second leg of the KO cup in 2007.

Being hunted down by Chris Holder in heat one he was so scared he broke the track record!

I cant believe people who were in the stadium that night can believe that Nicki P was responsible for the so called incidents. Yes he was at fault and neither Adams or Bjarne sholud have been excluded. But the person making the decision was the referee not Nicki P and as for people booing him that is just childish. Almost everybody around me was booing him and to boo someone who comes off their bike and start laughing and jeering about it. That is not on. Weather you are a fan of his or not rider safety is paramount in the sport you only have to look at the likes of Garry Stead or Lawrence Hare or Ashley Jones. People need to grow up everyone is entiltled to an opinion but peoples reactions on Saturday night in that stadum were completley off the mark.

I cant believe people who were in the stadium that night can believe that Nicki P was responsible for the so called incidents. Yes he was at fault and neither Adams or Bjarne sholud have been excluded. But the person making the decision was the referee not Nicki P and as for people booing him that is just childish. Almost everybody around me was booing him and to boo someone who comes off their bike and start laughing and jeering about it. That is not on. Weather you are a fan of his or not rider safety is paramount in the sport you only have to look at the likes of Garry Stead or Lawrence Hare or Ashley Jones. People need to grow up everyone is entiltled to an opinion but peoples reactions on Saturday night in that stadum were completley off the mark.

:blink::blink::rolleyes::unsure: I used to be uncertain too, but now Im not so sure..... :rolleyes:

Disagree that Nicki is a cheat, the calls went his way on the night but can't blame a guy for trying.

To suggest he was aiming at the back wheels to fall of is just plain stupid. No rider wants to risk an injury which could so easily happen.

Loved his cheeky smile and the pantomime villain routine. Thought he had lost that to Hans but he has got it back again.

Well done for getting off the track so quickly in the final, at least he got on the rostrum. Bad luck to Scotty, so near yet so far.

Edited by richsimpson

Luke Bowen was a rabbit on a speedway bike when IOW were the visitors in the second leg of the KO cup in 2007.

Being hunted down by Chris Holder in heat one he was so scared he broke the track record!

:lol: