British Speedway Forum

Wouldn't life be booring with out the Nicky Pedersens of this world. Did any thing else happen at the British GP, who won?

The reason I booed is what I saw as "gamesmanship" employed by Nicki.

I might be alone on this but he seems to have developed this "skill" of cutting across from outside gates and putting his front wheel where it is going to be taken away by the inside rider, going down very easily and then laying for ages at the bottom of the fence.

He did the same to Jason Crump in the Leszno GP and twice on Saturday.

I presume if he keeps winning the decisions from the refs it will keep happening.

As far as I am concerned it is akin to a footballer diving in the penalty area.

(However I did applaud his efforts to clear the track in the final)

Spot on , I saw it exactly the same as that and as for the lying down in agony. ........ just like a footballer, speedway riders are tough, NP was just being the big thing he thinks he is, he certainly looks a pillock with that clutch cooler as a hair-dryer. I for one am glad he doesn't ride in the UK. With all that diving maybe he should try the Spanish league!

I have no favourites but hate to see such unfairness, how did he get away with the tape incident and two clearly engineered falls. At the end of the day he was getting away with it. the more he gets away with it the more he'll do it

To be honest there was a Girl behind us who was going crazy at him all the time.why bother........... It's not NP it's the ref for letting him get away with it.

The track was poor the ref was poor , I felt for the riders trying to their best up aagianst a lousy track and a lousy ref. Why was he holding them at tapes so long? was there a problem with the mechanism or was he just an idiot???

Edited by kluson

So, because of all that, it's ok to cheer when he takes a nasty looking tumble that could have resulted in serious injury?

You might find your answer to that if you check Here

You might find your answer to that if you check Here

I think the comparison of this story and Nicki has obviously lost something in translation. :lol:

:blink::blink:

Not ALL the British fans were booing (or cheering when Nicki fell off)...some of us don't agree with riders being subjected to boos, no matter what the reason.

I do so hate being lumped into the majority.

Same here, The only booing and shouting was at a ref who was a joke. Always found Nicki P to be a nice guy

I think the comparison of this story and Nicki has obviously lost something in translation. :lol:

Fair enough, if do not understand English sufficiently or appreciate the analogy. Maybe others that do will.

Fair enough, if do not understand English sufficiently or appreciate the analogy. Maybe others that do will.

No doubt there will be a few. :angry:

Totally agree with Pedersen and I think certain British fans were a disgrace, a number of them calling him scum and cheering when he came off.

I think I was one of the few who wanted him to win the final just to shut a lot of them up and I think Nicki is great and great for speedway.

It is true what Nicki said, he did not exclude Adams or Bjarne and the only person who should have been the object of the crowds boos was the referee who was a damn disgrace.

What cobblers, using your view who is the cheat in this clip then , obviously the ref was a cheat and not the instigator of the offence because he allowed it. Nicki knew exactly what he was doing after missing the start both times.

To quote from a famous piece of headgear sported by Johnno

DILIGAF!

classic!!!!!

oh diddums, anyone got the kleenex for Mr Pedersen?

what was that song by the streets "DRY YOUR EYES MATE"!!!!!!!

Don't let the door smack you on the a**e on the way out then Nicki....bye!

If only!!!

I'll buy him a one-way ticket if he promises to stick to what he said!!!!

Put me down for a tenner as well!!!!!!

We went to the Leszno GP and Nikki was booed all the way through at that one too. I didn't hear any moaning from him there.

you would think he would be used to it by now.

Cant someone start a thread entitled `places nicki DOESNT get booed at`????????

Might save him the trouble of having a tantrum as per.

BUT Nickis comments are also way over the top as he should realise that it was mostly panto booing.

poor baby!

poor old Nicki P

i'm going to get my violin out for him

can you imagine ! - The noise would be just as nauseating!!!!

Nicki is just a Turd fact!!!

:blink:

I suspect Nicki is just playing to the crowd with these comments. He seemed to quite enjoy being the pantomime baddy on the night.

What would have happened had the ref excluded him?

"I won't be your friend anymore" :rolleyes:

More than anything else, that episode showed him up for what he really is. A bully (but a real focussed winner) who doesn't quite get our sense of humour. :lol:

But what we saw at Cardiff just showed a determination some other riders lack.

There was a time when we thought that "real men " wouldn't pretend to be hurt on the football field. Now it's commonplace. And speedway could go the same way. Nicki knew what he was doing when he went down.

you've lost me now i'm afraid!!

Just so as not to forget this great joke:

Nikki Lauda was an F1 racing driver badley injured in a fire. His ears were badly burnt and his face mutilated.

There. Joke dissected.

Nicki P booed - fine. Taking piss out of Nikki Lauda - not fine.

Don't know what Pedersen is on about. To quote Wilde:-

"There is only one thing in the world worse than being booed, and that is not being booed".

Edited by pugwash

Don't know what Pedersen is on about. To quote Wilde:-

"There is only one thing in the world worse than being booed, and that is not being booed".

Yes.I went to one of Kim's concerts as well :rolleyes::neutral:

Just so as not to forget this great joke:

Nikki Lauda was an F1 racing driver badley injured in a fire. His ears were badly burnt and his face mutilated.

There. Joke dissected.

Nicki P booed - fine. Taking piss out of Nikki Lauda - not fine.

Are you Stuart Douglas?