British Speedway Forum

Guest chris26
I'm not old! :P

either you or him is a medical miracle then..... 24 as opposed to nicki who is 30/31. :blink::lol:

ou tell em nicki we got it all night of some daft old fella for suporting nicki he got me so p****d off i done something i dont usualy do at a gp ..

out of respect for the people behind me (so they can see also) every time nicki came out i stood up and cheered him on and refused to sit for this person ...my daughter and my self are both fans of nicki.s so were arguing a lot with so caled speedway fans over supporting him

some fans should not go with in 100 miles of any track. :mad:

The reason I booed is what I saw as "gamesmanship" employed by Nicki.

I might be alone on this but he seems to have developed this "skill" of cutting across from outside gates and putting his front wheel where it is going to be taken away by the inside rider, going down very easily and then laying for ages at the bottom of the fence.

He did the same to Jason Crump in the Leszno GP and twice on Saturday.

I presume if he keeps winning the decisions from the refs it will keep happening.

As far as I am concerned it is akin to a footballer diving in the penalty area.

(However I did applaud his efforts to clear the track in the final)

Edited by oleoleole

and swedish fans supporting andreas jonsson? shocking stuff :lol::D

Many fans may only support home bread talent but I have read discussions on this forum before which cleary shows that many supports riders from "their" team just as well as riders from their country. I for one support Rune Holta more than Andreas Jonsson, he (Holta) has been - and still is - a great servant to "my" team throughout the years so why should I support someone more just because he's born in the same geographical piece of land in the world!?

Just look at the constant Lee Richardson bashing on this forum, hardly a case over Brits supporting a Brit.

:lol: What a brilliant thread.... Poor old Nicki is most upset about being booed... I booed him, especially when Holta took him off quite by accident and before checking on how Holta was, Nicki is up and waving his arms at his new best mate to get Holta excluded.

It seems the constant complaining about Polish referees has worked out in the end, I await to see how soon it is before they give Nicki his personal choice of gates because he had gate 3 on 2 seperate occasions once again. How very dare they!

Didnt hear Nikki complain about Danish fans booing AJ last year when he won there

Not ALL the British fans were booing (or cheering when Nicki fell off)...some of us don't agree with riders being subjected to boos, no matter what the reason.

I do so hate being lumped into the majority.

I wasn't booing him either. The ref was clearly to blame for the exclusions.

"I'm very disappointed about the British fans and it makes me wonder whether I really want to ride in this country again.

All the Poles around me were booing him. Does that mean he's thinking about not riding in Poland?

I personally like Nicki Pedersen as he is the king of contreversy. Every sport has one and Nicki is speedway's. What would the sport be like without him?

There are some riders i like and some i dislike but i would never boo them. Even if they did crash into a Swindon legend and get him excluded :rolleyes:

Spot on Nazza, its great for the sport to have a pantomime villain, of course fans should be allowed to boo riders. I remember Dave Lanning sticking ads on the back of programmes at Reading weeks in advance of the appearance of the then current 'villain', for example Steve Gresham. Len Silver and Dave Lanning were always having a pop at each other and each others riders but I happen to know they got along really well, JD revelled in being booed; its called promoting and some of todays so called 'promoters' would do well to learn from it . As long as it isn't abusive, offensive or violent then great, controversy always helps to bring in a crowd.....doesn't mean I'm not seething about Leigh's exclusion though!

Edited by mikegum

Todays Echo.

British fans are 'disgrace' says Nicki

By Phil Chard

NICKI Pedersen has roundly condemned the British crowd's consistent loud frenzied booing of him at Cardiff as "disgraceful".

"I'm very disappointed about the British fans and it makes me wonder whether I really want to ride in this country again.

Don't let the door smack you on the a**e on the way out then Nicki....bye! :rolleyes:

While it was the ref's fault as both occassions should have been all 4 back . It was the images put up on the big screen of Pedersen smirking and laughing about the decisions that annoyed some people . Wasn't one of the booers myself as i cant get worked up about GP's as i do about league speedway .

While it was the ref's fault as both occassions should have been all 4 back . It was the images put up on the big screen of Pedersen smirking and laughing about the decisions that annoyed some people .

I think thats the problem & IMO people are getting fed up with the attitude that nothing is ever Nikki's fault & everybody is wrong but him.

And does that mean he won't be at Brandon on the 14th July

Edited by sancho

Well,if he`s there on the 14th,I`m sure lupus will help him on with his coat :lol:

Well,if he`s there on the 14th,I`m sure lupus will help him on with his coat :lol:

I'll buy him a one-way ticket if he promises to stick to what he said!!!! :wink:

I'll buy him a one-way ticket if he promises to stick to what he said!!!! :wink:

:lol: Hope I don`t upset you before we get to Wembley :lol:

While it was the ref's fault as both occassions should have been all 4 back . It was the images put up on the big screen of Pedersen smirking and laughing about the decisions that annoyed some people . Wasn't one of the booers myself as i cant get worked up about GP's as i do about league speedway .

Paulco - not to mention that Nicki apeared to be aiming for the back wheel of the other riders before bailing out. I would have given him the benefit of the doubt the first time and put all 4 back, but then excluded him from the semi-final.

Let's face it, Cardiff is a bit of a panto and Nicki is the panto villain. He's there to be booed. :wink:

All the best

Rob