British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
leanne1706

European Gp 2009

I have heard from a reliable source that the powers that be are currently very close to confirming that next year's European GP is to be at Wembley Stadium.

Apparently, this was meant to be the "big announcement" during Monday's live Sky meeting but they are yet to confirm arrangements so they put it off and announced the 10% thing instead, which was, as we know, announced earlier in the day on t'Internet anyway.

So, Wembley anyone? :unsure::D

Will be great, IMO. No need (for me) to search for a hotel, shopping during the day, night out in the City afterwards - bring it on!! :approve:

Just killing the fatted calf, if you ask me. If the intention is to run at Cardiff and Wembley, they'll just cannibalize each other.

Just killing the fatted calf, if you ask me. If the intention is to run at Cardiff and Wembley, they'll just cannibalize each other.

You've got a point - if it happens, I'll only go to Wembley.

well the leszno track already have a contrcat for running the European Gp for next year and i think for 2010 aswell.

Edited by Ghostwalker

Well i have never been tempted to go to Cardiff.But i think i would make the trip to Wembley. :D

Best news in a long time........ would bring in a better class of speedway fan and should price out a lot of the saps who boo people and think someone playing pass the parcel music is funny .

I have heard from a reliable source that the powers that be are currently very close to confirming that next year's European GP is to be at Wembley Stadium.

Apparently, this was meant to be the "big announcement" during Monday's live Sky meeting but they are yet to confirm arrangements

I think they will be waiting until they get a lot of the money in from the Cardiff ticket sales, which is why the Cardiff '09 tickets are on sale so soon. Discount only until September, and the GP calendar will be out in October....

There is the risk of hitting Cardiff attendances, but may also drive down the rent on the Millennium Stadium when the deal is next signed too as Cardiff will know they are not the only option. The Cardiff hotel problems have obviously got to them too, judging by the article in the Cardiff Echo at the weekend.

If Speedway and Rugby League walk away from the Millennium Stadium, it becomes very underused indeed following the loss of the Cup Finals and Play offs

Edited by Boggle

Well i have never been tempted to go to Cardiff.But i think i would make the trip to Wembley. :D

Don't knock it til you try it :wink: I heard they are at Cardiff at least until 2012, which by my reckoning will be about the time the Olympics is in London and hmmmmm can't see them hosting speedway as well

Then again this subject has been done to death so many times with the fors and againsts, why we doing it again :rolleyes:

Nice idea but would be surprised if it happened. The ideal venue in London for another GP over here would be the O2 Arena.

Apparently, this was meant to be the "big announcement" during Monday's live Sky meeting but they are yet to confirm arrangements so they put it off and announced the 10% thing instead, which was, as we know, announced earlier in the day on t'Internet anyway.

So, Wembley anyone? :unsure::D

Will be great, IMO. No need (for me) to search for a hotel, shopping during the day, night out in the City afterwards - bring it on!! :approve:

Ah, the infamous - and ever anonymous - 'reliable source'!

We should beware of confusing Reliable Source with his identical twin Unfounded Rumour. This happens so often on speedway discussion forums.

Edited by Ron Butler

Don't knock it til you try it :wink:

Well i must admit,when i read that you love everyone when you are drunk,i was slightly tempted to book a hotel :lol: