British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pirate paul

Polish Ref Out Of Gps

He should never have been near a referee's box after the Crump farce at Cardiff a few season's back (Nicki the turd and Wojaczek to star in the remake of "see no evil hear no evil)

Edited by masked_rooster

Clerk of the Course at Poole and Cardiff Paul Applin was interviewed during tonights interval, and confirmed that saturdays ref (can't spell his name ) has been removed from the next Gp, and in all likelyhood will not officiate again this season. Thankfully.

Comes all a bit late for Adams and Pedersen though .................... maybe lessons should be learnt from this and 3 refs should be on duty at the GPs to make sure the rider's receive the right result!!

Aww, there goes all the fun and games! :blink::rolleyes::P

Having now seen the footage I can make a more informed decision on the calls the ref made. He missed a slight 'clip' of the tapes by Nicki. Nobody saw it as it happened, only having viewed a replay. He excluded Leigh, rightly. Leigh turned sharp right out of the gate, and although a little ahead he collided with Nicki coming off gate four. Speedway tracks only have left turns so which rider was at fault?! I would have understood all four back. The first turn with the two Danes is less clear as Bjarne doesn't move sharp right as Leigh did. On the night I thought Nicki had gone down far too easy, and should have been excluded. Having seen the replay he does get clattered. I would say all four back for that one. The only other thing that stood out was that there was a case for Crump being excluded, when riding all over Cardiff to stay on the bike, as he forced a fellow competitor to take avoiding action. Scott had to slow down and change line to avoid a rider completely out of control. That's an excludable offense.

Overall the ref made a couple of mistakes but nothing that justified the witch hunt by Sky, and some fans. I normally defend Sky as much as I see reasonable, but the constant comments about the ref completely spoilt the analitical side of their production (the camera work was superb - especially the slo-mo pics). I felt it extremely unprofessional and completely over the top. I like Nigel for his knowledge of the sport and promotion of tracks around the country, but he was the main culprit. I mean FFS when you have security telling you to put a lid on it you must realise you're not doing a professioal job as a commentator (his admits this and seems quite proud of it!). If you want to be a fan for the night, Nigel, then sit with the fans and enjoy the night off.

Back to the ref, and thread title. Is he any worse than Tony Steele? He's the guy that threw AJ out of a race for being wiped out by Gollob.

Rant over...for now. :lol:

21CH, that's a great post.

I also watched some of the Sky coverage for the first time last night, and thought the presenters' comments were OTT. Also, having seen heat 17, even my hubby (who will go against Nicki at every given opportunity... can't imagine why!) said that Adams took a right turn clattered into Pedersen.

And ditto about the tapes incident - even the commentators didn't notice it until the re-run.

Gutted to see the best ref around removed from the next GP. There is a definate Aussie bias behind the scenes.

Gutted to see the best ref around removed from the next GP. There is a definate Aussie bias behind the scenes.

hmm, looks like bjarne had a big say in it.

I've just seen a picture of this ref in todays Speedway Star, looks like he'd be right a home in his local branch of the Pink Flamingo club, especially with that moustache, what a mincer :lol:

If he thought Bjarne Pedersen to blame why was he allowing the race to continue. He only stopped it when Nicki Pedersen failed to get up

Clerk of the Course at Poole and Cardiff Paul Applin was interviewed during tonights interval, and confirmed that saturdays ref (can't spell his name :rolleyes: ) has been removed from the next Gp, and in all likelyhood will not officiate again this season. Thankfully.
RESULT :lol:

Yes, but the damage is done now. The result of that GP won't be changed retrospectively and riders who lost out through his incompetence will never regain that opportunity. Nicki Pedersen, as it turns out, was the main beneficiary, and therefore the result of the world title may have been materially affected. Small consolation now to the rest.

hmm, looks like bjarne had a big say in it.

Is that Bjarne "throw another shrimp on the Barby" Pedersen :blink:

Is that Bjarne "throw another shrimp on the Barby" Pedersen :blink:

I think there might be a forum "whoooosh" coming your way :lol:;)

I think there might be a forum "whoooosh" coming your way :lol:;)

Yeah, I get that feeling too, there are times my wit catches me out, although my co-workers in the office knew exactly what I meant when I read it out!