British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rico

THE BIG ONE - Bydgoszcz Grand Prix

it was only Gollob who'd practised on that track day in and day out
.....wouldn't have thought he needs practise on that track, he was more than likely just testing engines!
yeah I think it was Oles decision to make Bydgoszcz like it was
.....but why? (and don't say 'to make one-off tracks look better' - thats a corker!)
I think as fans we are right to demand good racing for our money, if we keep accepting processions that's what we will get???
...definitely! But this GP wasn't processional was it? so more of the same would do me!
Thought thas similar to what I put anyhow
OK if you insist! ;):)

I know where Trees is coming from Big Josh has always given the very best racing on a very fair track that allows overtaking inside and out. Saturday the track was according to Crumpy far slicker than practice.....Why? The outside line was only working for Gollob, no one else....why? As Olsen is in overall charge of track prep the obvious question is ....why?

wouldn't have thought he needs practise on that track, he was more than likely just testing engines!

Well whatever he was doing he shouldn't have been IMHO, just not fair on all the rest!

and don't say 'to make one-off tracks look better' - thats a corker!)

Makes absolute total sense to me, doesn't it you??? I just doooooo not know why Ole thinks slick tracks are best. Thas one question I would love answering. Talk to most riders and they think grippy tracks are best, summat wrong somewhere!

But this GP wasn't processional was it? so more of the same would do me!

Now did I say that???????? It produced some good racing BUT NOT AS GOOD AS IT COULD HAVE DONE :P:P:P:P:P:P Gord blast, pass me me blood pressure tablets someone ;-) :lol:

Just got back from Stansted after trecking back from Bydgoszcz via Berlin.

Wow what an evening !

To witness a Gollob victory in front of his adoring fans will be something I'll remember for a long time ! especially from the 'kop' that is the 2nd bend / back straight area for the home 'Bydgoszcz Polonia' faithful.

Quick hello to Rico and co. met them all at the Hotel Brda and also on Sunday again at Gniezno, sorry didn't get a chance to meet Mateusz.

Full report on the weekends events and pictures to come - time to sleep now.

If you get the chance, you simply must visit Bydgoszcz - will Saturday have been the last occasion for a GP at this venue ? time and ultimately money will tell.

Gord blast, pass me me blood pressure tablets someone

:lol: calm down calm down :lol:

...and no it probably ain't fair but then is it fair that its his home track anyway? :roll:

...no it don't make sense to me that Olsen would prepare the track for THAT reason - but gawd knows why he did - if he did - probably just because he's a Dane..... :?

Quick hello to Rico and co. met them all at the Hotel Brda and also on Sunday again at Gniezno, sorry didn't get a chance to meet Mateusz.

Good to meet up with you and your lot on the Friday night Papa B - a fun evening of drinking had by all. Shame you guys didn't appear in Chesterfields on the Saturday night - it was quite good there, but perhaps not as busy as it was last year. I think the Poles might have been emotionally drained by that point.

Still, great time had by all. :twisted: - we (Tom and I) may make the trip to Coventry for the ELRC so we'll catch up with you then hopefully.

Rico :roll:

What a fantastic GP!

It was my first visit to Bydgoscz & I loved it!!!!! It was so nice to watch a good meeting with a crowd of knowledgable, friendly & dedicated speedway enthusiasts.

My husband & I were on the 4th bend and met lots of friendly Polish people who love their speedway & who wanted to wave our Jason Crump flag towards the Canal+ cameras!

Not only that, but we had some fab music inbetween heats - ACDC, Metallica, Deep Purple etc just added to the party feeling. & I thought Prague had a great atmosphere......

We will definately travel back here next year - Chorzow cannot compare.

Not only is it a put down track, but the atmosphere just wasn't the same & it was more expensive.

BTW, where else would I get in on a concessionary ticket, just for being female!!! At 50 Zltys for a lady (£7.75) its cheaper than seeing dodgy premier or conference league action - WOW!

We're just catching up on sleep now before heading off to Norway on Friday. Good luck Mr Crump!

(...) BTW, where else would I get in on a concessionary ticket, just for being female!!! At 50 Zltys for a lady (£7.75) its cheaper than seeing dodgy premier or conference league action - WOW!

That`s a good way to get lots of beautyful females at the stadium :)

Come on Rip Van Winkel :D

Come on Rip Van Winkel :D

Ahhh - just woken up !