British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rico

THE BIG ONE - Bydgoszcz Grand Prix

I'll just have to make do with the leather sofa, 28 inch screen, bottle of wine, nibbles and toilet facilities nearby for this year.

Sounds good to me. :approve:

Don't forget Flash if there are any spare nibbles going as he must be fed up just scrounging round for the bits dropped on the floor, towards the end of the bottle of wine, when your hand to mouth co-ordination is getting a bit weak. :lol:

So from postings so far I make it

Myself, legendary Tomek from Yahoogroups and 7 others

Papa Bazarou and friends

Jools and bloke

Mateusz, friend and family.

We are heading out tomorrow (Weds) morning

Beer tent at practice ?? Make sure y'all go to Chesterfields (under the City Hotel) after the meeting - that's where it seems everyone goes. The atmosphere is usually good in there.

Rico :roll:

Is it just me or does the Bydgoszcz GP just send shivers down your spine whenever you think about it?

I was there in 1998 and 2000 (Mark's win) and I can still remember the atmosphere now. We had Polish fans coming up to us congratulating us on Mark being the world champion, it was something that you just don't get anywhere else, I love the place and the fans are great too. Some are just funny as they are half cut before they get there, but I've made some great friends in Poland.

On the eighth day God created Gollob.

I hope you will have a nice time in my city Rico. :)

I was there in 1998 and 2000 (Mark's win) and I can still remember the atmosphere now. We had Polish fans coming up to us congratulating us on Mark being the world champion, it was something that you just don't get anywhere else, I love the place and the fans are great too. Some are just funny as they are half cut before they get there, but I've made some great friends in Poland.

:)

I remember 2000 GP very well too. It was a great night. We didn`t want T.Rick to get the Champ title 8) so we all supported Mark who became the Champion then :D.

Mateusz we just hope your city can recover from Rico!! :shock:

Mateusz we just hope your city can recover from Rico!! :shock:

It's survived since visits in 2000,2001 and 2002. Surely it can take another visit :lol:

Hope to meet up with you over there Mateusz. Your photo doesn't help too much though. Just look for the Bydgoszcz fan in shades :lol:

It's survived since visits in 2000,2001 and 2002. Surely it can take another visit :lol:

Hope to meet up with you over there Mateusz. Your photo doesn't help too much though. Just look for the Bydgoszcz fan in shades :lol:

I will try to get for a while somewhere near the Sector A about 50 minutes before the beginning of the SGP so maybe we will meet.

I`m also going to watch the Friday`s training at 15.00 and then I`ll be somewhere around the stadium.

I have just sent you e-mail with my picture.

Just about to leave Cardiff to drive to Polska.

Maybe see you all at practice session on Fri. Am getting really excited about Sat now!

I have just come back from the stadium where I watched the official training. The track is great prepared. All riders seem to be very fast, so I have no ideas who will be good tomorrow. I only know that we will have a superb tournament tomorrow. :D

I also met Rico today 8)

I have just come back from the stadium where I watched the official training. The track is great prepared. All riders seem to be very fast, so I have no ideas who will be good tomorrow.

So Mateusz who looked the best!

Did Crump look like he was injured?

How did Scott go, not that the practice is anything to go by!

So Mateusz who looked the best!

All 24 riders. It`s really hard to say anything. They all were very fast.

Did Crump look like he was injured?

Definitely not.

How did Scott go, not that the practice is anything to go by!

He went ok I think and gave me an autograph after the training 8)

In newspapers we can read today that riders say that the track is very good, they feel well etc.

Wonderful result as far as I'm concerned :D Gollob best rider on show by far, Crumpy is my god and he and Nicki were by far the 2 most determined riders there :D

If Crump and Pedersen make the A final in Hamar, Tricks had it :approve:

I do have this conspiracy theory that Olsen doctored the best track in the world to prevent such good racing so that the one off tracks look better by comparison :evil: