British Speedway Forum

Sure, Oxford through & through!

Looking forward to "Aussie Bee" on Saturday & "Danish Bee" the day after. :lol:

Surely it would be Silver Dane and Silver Aussie. Still, you look forward to it. :)

I must be ill..... I agree with Steve Shovlar, lets get behind OUR Country,

Team GB.

Sorry, I have pride in my nationality, I'm British through and through,

supporting another country, no matter who, is like committing treason

for me.

Ok, so we're not good enough, or weren't on Monday, but as speedway

has shown time and again, its a fickle sport and can kick you in the

gonnads at anytime.... you listening Denmark...Australia et al.

Regardless of finishing postion on Thursday evening, I will still support

Great Britain, its my country of birth, win lose or draw at least

we're in it and having a go. I may not like losing, but if thats the case,

so be it. Although I have this strange feeling that we may just qualify.

Go Get 'Em Boys......

Calmed down a bit after Monday night's events and being proud of my nationality tomorrow I shall be behind GB again. Will go after an Aussie win on Saturday if GB don't get there but the points are back to 0 now so remaining optimistic about GB's chances :approve:

Edited by tigerblues

Make a change for them to have someone behind them - mostly they have people in front of them.

LOL :lol:

whats the point tho? with due respect even if they make the final there not going to win it or even come second.its just the relity of it,if they mke the finl there there only going to be mking the numbers up

Because its a world cup final, because it means we retain a place in the worlds top 4, because it would give our young riders more experience at the very top level & most of all because I'm British!

Surely it would be Silver Dane and Silver Aussie. Still, you look forward to it. :)

Let hope it's Gold GB :D

the points are back to 0 now

Same as Team GB's after 4 heats tomorrow.

I'll back them, naturally, but I can't see a miracle happening. A lucky third behind Poland and Sweden.

OK I am asking a lot, especially after Mondays pathetic efforts. But it's the semi final of the WTC and we need a decent performance out of them.

The chances of qualifying for Saturdays final are negligable, but you never know. Kennett and Tai might ride way above their capabilities, and Harris and Nicholls might just try and ride a bit better than Monday.

Whatever happens TeamGB can't ride as badly as Monday, can they?:oops:

Come on TeamGB, get your fingers out of your backside and show some national pride!!! I would like nothing better than to come on here this time tomorrow and start a thread saying well done on a fine effort.

Well said Steve and I agree wholeheartedly another day another dollar I think the saying goes, I am sure that this will be a different Team GB coming out, and will do us proud.

What about if you were told your support wasn't wanted?

good job middlo wasnt in charge then. because his words said it all monday nite :angry:

Sure, Oxford through & through!

Looking forward to "Aussie Bee" on Saturday & "Danish Bee" the day after. :lol:

ouch :blink:

Would help if they can get the union jack flag up the correct way before this meeting!!! Think when its upside down its supposed to be bad luck!!!!

Of course I'll be backing the Brits. I'm British. Fingers crossed we get to the final and I can find somewhere to watch it. :approve:

I’m not British BUT……..

I know what it is like to be frustrated with this sport…..I take each and every win with pride when a rider is from my country……

That being said I like a lot of riders from lots of different countries…But I have to say I have a soft spot for the Brits….

At this point they are big underdogs…like my county 99.9 percent of the time…. I know it sucks, BUT every sport comes full circle and that day will be here…again…when the younger Brit riders see there country back the team win or lose, they see what they are fighting for every race day.

Listen you still have a fighting chance…Yes even for a podium spot, in my eyes…WIN OR LOSE!! Hang in there, back your team …Hell, I am!!

OK I am asking a lot, especially after Mondays pathetic efforts. But it's the semi final of the WTC and we need a decent performance out of them.

The chances of qualifying for Saturdays final are negligable, but you never know. Kennett and Tai might ride way above their capabilities, and Harris and Nicholls might just try and ride a bit better than Monday.

Whatever happens TeamGB can't ride as badly as Monday, can they?:oops:

Come on TeamGB, get your fingers out of your backside and show some national pride!!! I would like nothing better than to come on here this time tomorrow and start a thread saying well done on a fine effort.

Good on you Steve'o. Anybody from England supporting other riders/countries over their country is an absolute digrace.

Although we will finish third I will feel much more comfortable watching as we will be giving two youngsters who have a chance to get upto world class level riding and gaining more experience. Lets be honest, our top three at the moment in world class terms are well short.

Found it very hard to get behind the team or overly enthusiastic with riders like Stead and Allen in there. Both crap and both non racers and should have been nowhere near it.

By the way, take that chav earring off Harris. Shocking behaviour.

Edited by Chris

Good on you Steve'o. Anybody from England supporting other riders/countries over their country is an absolute digrace.

Although we will finish third I will feel much more comfortable watching as we will be giving two youngsters who have a chance to get upto world class level riding and gaining more experience. Lets be honest, our top three at the moment in world class terms are well short.

Found it very hard to get behind the team or overly enthusiastic with riders like Stead and Allen in there. Both crap and both non racers and should have been nowhere near it.

By the way, take that chav earring off Harris. Shocking behaviour.

One of those rode in the GB team last year. Eddie Kennett rode in the first round at Coventry and in the Final. He scored 10 points at Coventry as well.

He has increased his average this year, he was 2nd in the British Final, earned the Wild Card at Cardiff....and yet wasn't selected for Coventry this year. Why ??

Who's told you that Sub? :unsure:

Unlike you to ignore one of my postings Sub :rolleyes: Who's told you not to support TEAM GB :unsure: