British Speedway Forum

What about the people who paid in advance in good faith?

As i said if the rules say they can have a refund get it... if not read the smallprint next time .

On a speedway ticket? Can tell you don't pay to get in anywhere these days. :lol:

Agree.

Funny u say that Rabs but I have just read the back of a King's Lynn ticket and it says "Should any event be cancelled before it's staging then the organiser will offer a full refund or entry to the re-organised staging. If an event is cancelled once it has started then the organiser will publicise if any refunds or discounts are available (it is at their discretion and any decision made will be in no way the responsibility of the Norfolk Arena venue)."

The last term and condition of ticket purchase is

10. The issue of this ticket shall constitute acceptance by the ticket holder of these terms and conditions and failure to observe these will render the ticket void and constitute a breach of contract enforceable in law.

The NA have got it covered eh!

Gotta say that's pretty impressive Trees. If they put that on any ticket I've had from paying at clubs in the last few years, you'd have needed a magnifying glass to read it! ;)

well the only thing it says on my ticket is re-admission if rain-off.

Well there you go then :rolleyes:

Well there you go then :rolleyes:

i'm sure when they held it at poole in the past, you had an option of a refund and that was announced at the meeting, as people were queueing up to get it before they left the stadium. as not everyone can make the restaging especially if its held at a different track. :rolleyes:

Whether a refund is applicable or not, this is just another example of the way that the BSPA look upon their customers - with contempt.

It is an unbelievable situation. The promoters are complaining about reduced attendances at meetings and wonder why. Perhaps they should look at their "organisation", and indeed the behaviour of some individual promoters, for the answer. The attitude of the BSPA has put me off attending speedway meetings. There are those who complain about the Grands Prix but I can testify to the fact that the organisers do have a regard for those who attend the meetings.

Suppose in fairness though, the BSPA attitudes of "take it or leave it" and "heads we win, tails you lose", are not very different from many companies these days.

Whether a refund is applicable or not, this is just another example of the way that the BSPA look upon their customers - with contempt.

It is an unbelievable situation. The promoters are complaining about reduced attendances at meetings and wonder why. Perhaps they should look at their "organisation", and indeed the behaviour of some individual promoters, for the answer. The attitude of the BSPA has put me off attending speedway meetings. There are those who complain about the Grands Prix but I can testify to the fact that the organisers do have a regard for those who attend the meetings.

Suppose in fairness though, the BSPA attitudes of "take it or leave it" and "heads we win, tails you lose", are not very different from many companies these days.

I agree. Trouble is those companies don't usually survive for too long.

If you paid for an item that did not arrive or a service that was not provided you would not be happy to have to wait over two months for a refund, so why do the BSPA think that speedway supporters will find it acceptable. They do not seem to realise that this sort of behaviour will stop people going to Super 7 events in the future but then again they are not renowned for their forward planning or consideration of fans.

IMO the only way to revive these championship meetings is to run over a weekend having the CL in the afternoon followed by the PL in the evening with the EL the following afternoon.Maybe CL winner as wildcard in PL final and PL winner as a wildcard in the EL final.It just needs a bit of forward planning and good weather and a promoter who "promotes" to run it.

Sorry i forgot the BSPA are scared of new ideas as i,m sure Jonathan Chapman can testify,but love him or hate him he could drag this sport into the new millenium,problem is the old school tie brigade seem to be s*** scared.

That's an idea Triple H and have it Peterborough so people can camp out the night on the showground at relatively small cost, sounds good fun!

IMO the only way to revive these championship meetings is to run over a weekend having the CL in the afternoon followed by the PL in the evening with the EL the following afternoon.Maybe CL winner as wildcard in PL final and PL winner as a wildcard in the EL final.It just needs a bit of forward planning and good weather and a promoter who "promotes" to run it.

Sorry i forgot the BSPA are scared of new ideas as i,m sure Jonathan Chapman can testify,but love him or hate him he could drag this sport into the new millenium,problem is the old school tie brigade seem to be s*** scared.

Ain't that the truth, for all his faults JC sure could have taken the sport we love forwards, BIG MISTAKE on the part of the BSPA.

What I find annoying is if i had sent my pairs tickets back Id have got a refund, but instead I used it at Birmingham and was given a raffle tickets in return, now I cannot get my money back until November. Why could I get my money back on the ticket I used to get in, but not on the ticket they replaced it with?

I'll just go to the restaging, as long as half the line up doesn't disappear.

What I find annoying is if i had sent my pairs tickets back Id have got a refund, but instead I used it at Birmingham and was given a raffle tickets in return, now I cannot get my money back until November. Why could I get my money back on the ticket I used to get in, but not on the ticket they replaced it with?

Exactly what I was saying.SCB. To me they are hoping that some who say they won't or won't be able to go to the re-staging will either change their mind or forget or lose the tickets for a refund come end October.