British Speedway Forum

8th October new date

I wont be there then, flying back from Prague that day, as the previous weekend is Czech Golden Helmet weekend

Why do they keep organising this meeting for mid-week?Spare a thought for the fans that have to travel hundreds of miles to this meeting and the time needed off work or off school for the kids etc

Why not run the meeting at the weekend (no polish meetings in oct is there?) im sure they would get a bigger gate for a sat night or sun afternoon than a wed night

Also is it a good idea to put this on just before the last gp of the year? :angry:

Lucky for me its not the week after, because i'd be a few thousand miles away in NY.

I wouldn't mind missing it normally but i paid to get in and even bought a programme, so im glad i can make it!

PLEASE DONT BE RAINED OFF THIS TIME!!!

Why do they keep organising this meeting for mid-week?Spare a thought for the fans that have to travel hundreds of miles to this meeting and the time needed off work or off school for the kids etc

Why not run the meeting at the weekend (no polish meetings in oct is there?) im sure they would get a bigger gate for a sat night or sun afternoon than a wed night

Also is it a good idea to put this on just before the last gp of the year? :angry:

Polish play off finals are in October...

Do agree though that a weekend staging would be the best option if at all possible

I think in this day and age days of the week suit people differently.

Give it a couple of years and you will be saying - No not a sunday as my daughter works on a Sunday. :wink:

But from a kids point of view a daytime (therefore weekend) time is better.

But for teenagers and shift workers - no day is easy.

Either way its no good for me as I will be in Colarado. Good job I used my ticket and got in for the Pairs at Swindon, cause knowing my luck they will put a dead-line on when you can claim your money back. Bet it wil be after he 8th and before the 10th or something just as silly!!! :rolleyes:

I know this date won't suit all but it does me.

I'm an early shift worker with one day off a week & on that week it just happens to be the following day, if it wasn't it would be no can do.

I just hope all the riders make their appearance too & no this & that rider has withdrew cos his mothers pet budgie has died or someting stupid. :blink::P

Either way its no good for me as I will be in Colarado. Good job I used my ticket and got in for the Pairs at Swindon, cause knowing my luck they will put a dead-line on when you can claim your money back. Bet it wil be after he 8th and before the 10th or something just as silly!!! :rolleyes:

What...heats ????? :wink:

I think in this day and age days of the week suit people differently.

Give it a couple of years and you will be saying - No not a sunday as my daughter works on a Sunday. :wink:

But from a kids point of view a daytime (therefore weekend) time is better.

But for teenagers and shift workers - no day is easy.

Why not get your money back on the day or within a reasonable timescale, ignore the no refunds nonsense, it has no legality anyway. Quite simply they were unable to supply the product as advertised and as such you are entitled to a full refund, it's not goodwill on the promoters part it's the law.

Why not get your money back on the day or within a reasonable timescale, ignore the no refunds nonsense, it has no legality anyway. Quite simply they were unable to supply the product as advertised and as such you are entitled to a full refund, it's not goodwill on the promoters part it's the law.

Over the years I have done this several times and never failed (although some promoters were reluctant to put it mildly)

Quick word of praise for Peter Toogood who was the only promoter who did so without grumbling, and actually seemed like he wanted to keep his customers happy :)

Over the years I have done this several times and never failed (although some promoters were reluctant to put it mildly)

Quick word of praise for Peter Toogood who was the only promoter who did so without grumbling, and actually seemed like he wanted to keep his customers happy :)

I got 4 adult refunds from the much maligned John Perrin, and got a smile into the bargain. Maybe it's the way you ask :lol:

Is the line up as per the original staging or it will be a ragtag of EL riders who show up?

Is the line up as per the original staging or it will be a ragtag of EL riders who show up?

And not forgetting 5 PL riders too. :rolleyes:

I have received an email today stating that if i want a refund i must send my tickets back by 1 oct otherwise there will be no refunds after this date.

This is contrary to what was said earlier i believe

Has anyone else received a similar email?? :unsure:

It's been noted that already there is no Scott Nicholls, no Andreas Jonsson, no Lee Richardson for this meeting .

Are there any valid reasons for this?