British Speedway Forum

So is this also a confirmation that Hans rides. Lets hope so.

Local news says Hans doubtful after receiving shoulder equivalent of a "dead leg" in his fall at Belle Vue & Stead & Allen are on standby. My take on this is that Hans will not ride.Pity cos he may have won it.

Edited by colincooke

TROY IN FOR PAVLIC????

Yes, confirmed on the radio this morning.

Pavlic has a twisted sock.

How on earth can Billy be next in line? I like Billy but on form this season he has no business being anywhere near the Second City today. This meeting is supposed to showcase the top riders from each club so Stead and then Allen would be ahead of him in the pecking order. Even if the BSPA now choose to select riders based on average regardless of club then Watt and Batchelor would be next in line. Utterly ridiculous.

To answer the question posed about Jonas, I would guess he missed the boat because he was still injured when the line-up was announced. It would be a bit harsh to turn around to Leigh and say 'sorry mate you are no longer required'. That's a shame for Lakeside because Adam is also ruled out and it appears AJ can't be @r$£d to get the sat nav out and find his way to the stadium.

On the wider subject of the meeting as a whole, is it time for riders to have this meeting written into their contract? If they miss it without a valid reason they are fined/banned as they would be for a club league meeting.

It seems that Lee may have a genuine injury (anyone know anything for sure?), Chris is clearly unfit and Hans may have an injury but a dead arm seems a poor reason to miss a meeting two days after the incident. Other than that Scott and Andreas can't be bothered, and now some suggestion that Jurica won't be there. What's his excuse? I would also place a question mark over Davey and Troy until I know (not that the powers-that-be will ever explain to the paying public) why they weren't next in line to replace missing riders.

It's still the strongest line-up that is 'ever' likely to be seen around Perry Barr, so I'll go along. But I can't help but wonder if this will descend into farce.

Yes, confirmed on the radio this morning.

Pavlic has a twisted sock.

I read that as something else!

Note to self, get brain onto the less rude things :shock::D

To answer the question posed about Jonas, I would guess he missed the boat because he was still injured when the line-up was announced. It would be a bit harsh to turn around to Leigh and say 'sorry mate you are no longer required'. That's a shame for Lakeside because Adam is also ruled out and it appears AJ can't be @r$£d to get the sat nav out and find his way to the stadium.

Well, he'll be there, so I would assume he's riding.

If the weather holds off this should be a pretty good meeting. Come on Fred and PUK B)

What is the format for this meeting?

Is it 20 heats with the first two straight through to the final and a 'semi' featuring the next 4 with the 1st and 2nd joining them?

Or something else?

Yet again this once prestigious meeting descends into farce.

First of all it is stupid to hold it during a GP week.

Secondly any rider pulling out of it without a doctors certificate should be fined and suspended for seven days.

It should be an honour to ride for your team and not an inconvenience. Ah for the days of the old BLRC at Hyde Road when all top riders could be bothered to turn up.

He's always been an oddity but we love him for it :lol: Makes a change though don't you think? Besides, I think his resolve may yet waver about the GPs should he manage to claw that 8th place back on Saturday. ;)

Looking at the line-up, it's not the best in terms of names and isn't really in the spirit of the top riders out there, but... there's some exciting riders in there so it could be a cracking meeting. As long as no-one else pulls out that is - it's when the replacements start dipping out, you know you've got problems. :rolleyes:

he did say that if he finishes in the top 8 of the GP`S he will ride next year he just said if that he didn`t qualify for the top 8 he will step down for a year !

First of all it is stupid to hold it during a GP week.

Secondly any rider pulling out of it without a doctors certificate should be fined and suspended for seven days.

It should be an honour to ride for your team and not an inconvenience. Ah for the days of the old BLRC at Hyde Road when all top riders could be bothered to turn up.

Its also stupid to hold it in the middle of the playoff final, in some ways i wish holder and bjarne pulled out as well. If they just get through the meeting injury-free i'll be really happy.

Agreed mate.

Those we're the days when each teams top boys fought tooth & nail to be their clubs highest averaged rider just to get in this meeting.

Those that are genuinely injured can be excused.

Its also stupid to hold it in the middle of the playoff final, in some ways i wish holder and bjarne pulled out as well. If they just get through the meeting injury-free i'll be really happy.

You cant worry about getting injurys as its all part of sport, they could pull out and both get injured in thier first ride on Monday night.

Looking forward to tonight but dissappointed that it looks like Hans is missing.

On the wider subject of the meeting as a whole, is it time for riders to have this meeting written into their contract? If they miss it without a valid reason they are fined/banned as they would be for a club league meeting.

Or stop it altogether? :unsure: The riders haven't been bothered about it for quite a few years and it's very rare for the top averaged ones to be competing. Some of them must be taxing their brains to think of a valid excuse not to ride.

Back in the days of Hyde Road it was a prestigious meeting but times move on and now is the time to drop it. Just my opinion as an oldie who remembers the brilliant racing at Hyde Road and the farce it has now descended into. :wink:

You cant worry about getting injurys as its all part of sport, they could pull out and both get injured in thier first ride on Monday night.

Looking forward to tonight but dissappointed that it looks like Hans is missing.

It appears a report in the national press by Peter Oakes says Jason is doubtful with his groin injury too.

Anyone know if you can still get a refund by sending in the re-admission ticket from the original rain off, as was previously mentioned initially?