British Speedway Forum

Anyone heard anything about Hans - Peterborough local paper whilst writing about Bjerre's inclusion tonight finish the article mentioning that Hans is not expected to ride tonight due to feeling unwell!

I've heard that as well. Once again it seems the meeting has descended into a farce. And to think, we run the League for the benefit of this handful of plonkers who ride in the GP, and they can't give us one evening per season back!

Sack / ban the lot of them for life. I've never known a bunch of people so reluctant to go to bloody work than speedway riders. Any old excuse, the cats unwell, there's a bit of drizzle in the air, Ive shut my finger in the van door etc, etc, etc, etc.

Well, unless the B'ham website is updated soon an awful lot of people are going to end up feeling rather short-changed.

They won't update the website. They'll get everyone there on the basis of a full strength line up. The lesson they will have to learn is to never put your hand up to stage these events.

Such a dam shame. im of an age to remember this being one of the biggest meetings in the world!!! I used to go up to belle vue every year always a cracking meeting.....now just seems a farce. When are the BSPA going to realise that a big prize is needed now adays to tempt some of these part timers to join in. I for one am not going tonight.

I'm sorry but Bjarne involved in a crash last night and feeling second hand.

Scott in a crash in the GP at the weekend and his Swedish team operating RR for him last night so he is obviously feeling second hand.

I don't know about Hans and Richardson but the above two cannot be said to be pulling out for no reason.

I'm sorry but Bjarne involved in a crash last night and feeling second hand.

Scott in a crash in the GP at the weekend and his Swedish team operating RR for him last night so he is obviously feeling second hand.

I don't know about Hans and Richardson but the above two cannot be said to be pulling out for no reason.

Scott has quit his Swedish team to concentrate on that GP nonsense.

Taken from Eagles website

This is part of Scott's "regrouping" strategy, like the reason why he pulled out of Sweden racing this year, to regroup for the GPs, and is with regret that he pulled out of the Best Pairs. Further details to follow

Edited by Mr Bee

To be honest if I was Hans Andersen , considering the treatment he has received from the BSPA , I would be ill too.

Richardson obviously has the family situation he is having to deal with but I would imagine , he is not going to put himself overly out for the BSPA after there threat to ban him.

Nicholls I would of thought this could of been an opportunity to give the IMG representatives a nudge if he had a decent result at the ELRC ...

Line Up is now

Holder

Crump

Lindgren

Adams

Harris

King

Swiderski

Bjerre

Gjedde

Bridger

Shields

Watt

Korneliussen

Schlein

Andersen

Iversen

Hans is riding as far as the BSPA and Coventry know.

Edited to add: thanks to beedawn for the info!!!!!

Edited by CB252

Mr Bee

Thanks for that but I still think Scott's crash has more to do with him missing tonight than anything else....as Hackett says, it would do him more good to be in it than to be out of it. He was holding his shoulder immediately after the crash and not using it when he was talking to the ref plus seemed to be in a fair amount of discomfort.

The pairs I can understand him missing (sort of) bearing in mind it was the day after the GP and one more thing to worry about on a GP weekend.

Watt is in for Bjarne from what ive heard.

Not that I'm doubting you Mr Bee, but is this confirmed?

I've heard that as well. Once again it seems the meeting has descended into a farce. And to think, we run the League for the benefit of this handful of plonkers who ride in the GP, and they can't give us one evening per season back!

Sack / ban the lot of them for life. I've never known a bunch of people so reluctant to go to bloody work than speedway riders. Any old excuse, the cats unwell, there's a bit of drizzle in the air, Ive shut my finger in the van door etc, etc, etc, etc.

:lol: It's not far off the truth in some cases CB252; I wonder whether the desire to ride feeling a bit under the weather would be greater if the reward was say £10-15k? ;)

:lol: It's not far off the truth in some cases CB252; I wonder whether the desire to ride feeling a bit under the weather would be greater if the reward was say £10-15k? ;)

Yes this is confirmed Rabbit. CB252 post above is the revised line up as he has contacted the BSPA.

Have just had another text regarding Hans to say that he is still riding as far as Coventry Speedway are aware.

Ive e-mailed Birmingham Speedway for a revised line up as well, bit the above one is from BSPA.

Yes as per CB252 I have actually rung the BSPA and asked them the line up for tonight, its as per CB252s list of riders and in riding order for programme makers out there!!!

Well BSPA riding order so dont blame me if its not correct!!

Thanks all - think my earlier post crossed in cyberspace with CB252's and I missed it.

Such a dam shame. im of an age to remember this being one of the biggest meetings in the world!!! I used to go up to belle vue every year always a cracking meeting.....now just seems a farce. When are the BSPA going to realise that a big prize is needed now adays to tempt some of these part timers to join in. I for one am not going tonight.

How can you call them part timers most of them ride in 3 leagues. When are we going to get our heads out of the sand & realise that the UK isn't the be all & end all of speedway. Its time these "no value" meetings were resigned to the dustbin

Line Up is now

Bridger

Are you having a laugh, it's a disgrace that he's allowed to ride after his behaviour at Ipswich.

We shouldn't tar everyone with the same brush. Some GP riders are fully committed to the EL, Adams and Crump rarely, if ever, let down British fans not only by always turning up but by their commitment in every race. Hardly surprising that they are two of the best and most professional riders in the world. Perhaps some of the others could learn and then they might step up to true world class.

The BSPA should ban anyone who does not have a sufficient excuse. It should be part of a British contract that they ride in the ELRC and pairs if they qualify with long bans for non compliance.

As always it is the fans that suffer.