British Speedway Forum

Well done Crumpy murdered the final won with total ease, good to see an Aces win this season.

The meeting was quite poor with most races won from the gate, the view outside was shocking so we sat inside and the atmosphere was bloody awful Ive seen more at a grave yard, it was like a libary in there and it was only livend up by us crumpy fans cheering in the final, I was told its similar for Prem matches.

I wont be a visitor to Perry barr again in the near future.

Regarding the withdrawals I hear that hans was in a lot of pain Monday night after his fall and I was told it wasnt surprising he pulled out as he was genuinly hurt.

BUT Bjarne Pedersen is (Unless he has picked up an injury since Monday if he did I take it back, but I doubt it) a total disgrace and should be banned for the Playoff final.

Take a look at crumpy BP Injured in last GP with Groin injury which was made worse after locking up on Monday, MASSIVE meeting for him on saturday BUT he was still there, gave 100% and went and won it.

Jason your a credit to Belle Vue Speedway, British Speedway and youself.

Well done Crumpy murdered the final won with total ease, good to see an Aces win this season.

The meeting was quite poor with most races won from the gate, the view outside was shocking so we sat inside and the atmosphere was bloody awful Ive seen more at a grave yard, it was like a libary in there and it was only livend up by us crumpy fans cheering in the final, I was told its similar for Prem matches.

Regarding the withdrawals I hear that hans was in a lot of pain Monday night after his fall and I was told it wasnt surprising he pulled out as he was genuinly hurt.

BUT Bjarne Pedersen is (Unless he has picked up an injury since Monday if he did I take it back, but I doubt it) a total disgrace and should be banned for the Playoff final.

Take a look at crumpy BP Injured in last GP with Groin injury which was made worse after locking up on Monday, MASSIVE meeting for him on saturday BUT he was still there, gave 100% and went and won it.

Jason your a credit to Belle Vue Speedway, British Speedway and youself.

What about Nicholls , Jonsson and Sullivan ? They weren't there either.

Aren't they also a total disgrace? Perhaps Jonsson should also be banned from the Play-off Final? ;)

I agree about the meeting being quite poor and it being from the gate most the time. The thing about this meeting you have to get there early, I dont know what time you got there but I got there at 6.30 and it was pretty packed then. The viewing isnt perfect at most stadiums.

The point you have made about the atmosphere is frankly laughable. Whilst there were some birmingham fans there tonight, there were more EL fans then birmingham fans, so tell me superace why you are blaming birmingham fans for the lack of atmosphere. I was on the 1/2nd bend and it was very quiet there but once Jay Herne was announced the birmingham supporters made alot of noise. The EL fans were quiet most of the time, not all but most of them were. You say you were told its similar for PL matches, unless the person who told you means the atmosphere in the grandstand then they are wrong. I watch it outside, and the atmosphere for brum matches has been fantastic at times despite the airhorn ban. Why dont actually come down to a PL meeting and sample it for yourself. Judging by your last sentance that seems unlikely sadly.

:lol::lol: 2nd for SCHLEIN , get ready to see that name alot more next year peoples.You bloody ripper ,stuck it up em .I LIKE IT

Wondered when you would come out the woodwork.

From a dismal start to what is looking like a promising end. Next home to Aus to beat a few more - yes????? :wink::lol:

Sad to here it, I wasn't there tonight, but for Premier League meetings the atmosphere is very good. Regarding standing indoors, isn't it the same anywhere with a grand stand.... insulated from any noise and smell. Remember the place was full of Elite League fans tonight so maybe that tells us more about the enthusiasm for the Elite League than the Premier League. :wink::rolleyes:

Try a prem meeting one day down here, you'll change you mind I can assure you. :rolleyes:

Edited by Deano

The only real entertainment came from Schlein and Bridger.

Roo was fantastic and won me 40 quid in the process so good on him. :P Awesome to see him ride with some confidence. His reeling in of and last bend against Lindgren after a VERY hard first bend against him was fantastic stuff, as was his attempt to move Adams out the way in the 1 race. And from a guy who was shutting off so much when things got tight earlier in the year, in the first running of the final he wouldnt let Adams squeeze him out and instead gave Crumpy a shove and then blasted around Adams and Bjerre :o

Bridger was also very good value for his points, with his first bend against Crumpy being one of the highlights of the night.

Well done to Jason, who did the business when it mattered!

Edited by Silver Bee

I was there...was hoping and expecting the superstars from the EL to smash the track record and put the PL times to shame. Also expected the racing to be closer than what it was from all those great riders whose bike control was supposed to be so superior to the riders in the PL. I was disappointed. Had Jason Lyons, (a fit) Daniel Nermark, Tai Woffinden and Kevin Doolan, to mention just some of the PL riders I've seen, been there, they would have been as competitive as the rest of the "cream" of the EL.

Could have hoped for a bit of banter between the fans from the various clubs. It didn't happen. I was pretty non-aligned, not having any particular favourites amongst the EL riders, and I missed not having anyone to look out for and to cheer on.

Sorry if anyone had their views blocked on the corners. The EL will insist on air fences. We don't have that problem in the PL, and CAN see what's going on through the mesh fence that does a very good job as it is. Thanks to Stoke for the loan of their fence...you can have it back now...please take it as soon as possible.

Give me a bog standard PL league match any day.

Try getting the track right next time and you'll see some good stuff from the EL boys. Normally the curb works fine at Brum which creates good racing, yesterday it was too grippy out wide, making the white line useless.

sorry just teh 120k for winning, still not bad for 4 laps

SUPER PRIX FINAL PRIZE MONEY

The Super Prix Final US$200,000 prize fund will be awarded as follows:

1st: US$ 120,000

2nd: US$ 40,000

3rd: US$ 25,000

4th: US$ 15,000

mind you US dollars might only be worth about a tenner soon the way the economy is going over there

Not to be a sqaure but the $ is a lot stronger against the £ then this times last year. AJ probably got about £50K for his $100K last year

The winner this year this year will get close to £70k for his $120k...

Edited by Tex

Billy has been getting (i'll put it nicely as i can) critcised on here this season and mainly by bees fans!! :shock: But i'm sure he'll be back at coventry next season.

Well im not one of them fans lisa.i wouldnt critcise him.hope hes back next year,wouldnt be the same without him.like ive said before.we already lost scott :sad: dont want to lose billy as well.

Sorry if anyone had their views blocked on the corners. The EL will insist on air fences. We don't have that problem in the PL, and CAN see what's going on through the mesh fence that does a very good job as it is. Thanks to Stoke for the loan of their fence...you can have it back now...please take it as soon as possible.

Has to be one of the most insular comments I've read on here in a long time. Having seen many a potentially season-ending crash prevented by the air fences, the last thing I would call them is a 'problem'. But hey, sod rider safety eh? Long as you can keep your view on the corners. Sure that'll rest easy with any rider that happens to come to grief there. :blink:

Fairly decent meeting last night I thought. The first 8 races didn't produce much passing but it got better as the meeting went on.

In terms of the replacements Davidsson did more than Lanham would have so that was an improvement, Watt did as well as Bjarne would have done (if not better) and is a more exciting rider to watch so that was an improvement, Bridger is not in the same class as Hans but he rode his socks off and by the end I was cheering him on and hoping to see him in the final which leaves only Janniro as the disappointment in terms of replacements thought to be fair to him he was suffering with an injury. So all in all, despite the doom and gloom merchants, the riders on display were of a high standard and put on a good show.

I've only been to Brum twice - the opening night and last night - so it would be unfair of me to comment on the view too much. Clearly wandering in as the two minute buzzer went for heat 1 didn't help my cause and Brum does suffer from a lack of "banking" around the edge of the track which means you have to look peer over people to get a decent view when it's full. Fortunately I 'podged' a hole on the steps in front of the grandstand and the view ws fine.

Slightly biased but I thought the race of the night was between Iversen and Lindgren - no love lost there it seems!

Congratulations to Jason Crump for two reasons. Firstly for a fine win and secondly for providing the most humerous moment of the season for me when he fell off in the first running of the final and got stuck under the fence. The first chap on the scene didn't know what to do so appeared to simply pull him out from under the fence by his head! :lol:

:shock: NO way,granted he has his off moments,but doesnt everybody?what i like about billy is,he never gives up.and always tries so hard.i know alot of people wont agree with me on that,but its just my opinion.

2nd for SCHLEIN , get ready to see that name alot more next year peoples. .I LIKE IT

Yes, and wearing the Witch again I hope! Well done Roo..... we like it!! :approve:

Has to be one of the most insular comments I've read on here in a long time. Having seen many a potentially season-ending crash prevented by the air fences, the last thing I would call them is a 'problem'. But hey, sod rider safety eh? Long as you can keep your view on the corners. Sure that'll rest easy with any rider that happens to come to grief there. :blink:

Amazing what lengths people go to, to take a pop at the EL, eh Rabs? :angry::rolleyes: