British Speedway Forum

Sorry if anyone had their views blocked on the corners. The EL will insist on air fences. We don't have that problem in the PL, and CAN see what's going on through the mesh fence that does a very good job as it is. Thanks to Stoke for the loan of their fence...you can have it back now...please take it as soon as possible.

Give me a bog standard PL league match any day.

From a fan whos team has lost nearly all it's team to injury smashing into your lovely mesh /wooden fence it makes your comment all the more stupid .....hey but at least when they do smash into it you can see it :rolleyes:

Edited by orion

From a fan whos team has lost nearly all it's team to injury smashing into your lovely mesh /wooden fence it makes your comment all the more stupid .....hey but at least when they do smash into it you can see it :rolleyes:

Fair point I suppose but the only serious injury to a Brum rider at PB this year was caused by Kyle Legault hitting the fence on the straight, past where an air fence would have been and being struck by a following rider.

But I do get what you're on about.

We finally got to use our rain off tickets from the EL pairs back in April, and it was almost worth the wait, but we were delighted to see Rory getting the second place.

Our first visit to Brum and we had been warned by a short-arsed friend :P that the viewing was bad, but we hadn't taken a lot of notice. We arrived about 7.15 and walked the stadium to find somewhere with a half decent view and as there was just the two of us we managed to squeeze into a gap and didn't move an inch for the rest of the evening for fear of losing it. Was disappointed in the racing itself, although I did like the look of the track (when I actually got to see it). Happy that both the Ippo boys found their way through from behind to entertain us. Although thought the ref was inconsistant in heat 2 when he didn't call the race back after Swidders moved, but he did when Crump and Janniro did.

Well done again Roo Boy, and also happy to see Kenny Bjerre do so well. :approve:

Arrived at 6.30 and found a great little step on the 1/2 bend, airfence was slightly hindering the view but the shale flyin in my face more than made up for that.

Bridger was impressive as was Schlein but again my two of Freddie and Puk were really struggling.

Gotta say i wanted Bjerre to win as i would this fella at Monmore.

All in all a good night but don't think i can take the hiding were gonna get from Birmingham next wednesday!!!

Tony Millard and Kelvin Tatum are commentating then :rolleyes:

No. Just somebody else that gets it wrong sometimes. Must be a speedway commentator thing.

Well done Crumpy murdered the final won with total ease, good to see an Aces win this season.

The meeting was quite poor with most races won from the gate, the view outside was shocking so we sat inside and the atmosphere was bloody awful Ive seen more at a grave yard, it was like a libary in there and it was only livend up by us crumpy fans cheering in the final, I was told its similar for Prem matches.

I wont be a visitor to Perry barr again in the near future.

Regarding the withdrawals I hear that hans was in a lot of pain Monday night after his fall and I was told it wasnt surprising he pulled out as he was genuinly hurt.

BUT Bjarne Pedersen is (Unless he has picked up an injury since Monday if he did I take it back, but I doubt it) a total disgrace and should be banned for the Playoff final.

Take a look at crumpy BP Injured in last GP with Groin injury which was made worse after locking up on Monday, MASSIVE meeting for him on saturday BUT he was still there, gave 100% and went and won it.

Jason your a credit to Belle Vue Speedway, British Speedway and youself.

What about AJ? He wasn't there either. :rolleyes:

Plus you don't know the reason why bjarne pulled out of it. So maybe you should find that out before passing judgement.

Edited by lisa-colette

For not many times this season it felt good, smug almost, to be a Belle Vue fan.

Congratulations to Jason on winning it, 2nd time as an Aces rider.

Pat on the back to all riders who rode for giving it a go and special mentions to Rory Schlein for his ride in heat 11 after a tough first bend from Lindgren, Troy Batchelor for his ride in heat 6 to leave Crumpie trailing and Lewis Bridger in heat 10 for his superb first and second bends.

For me:

Holder - Rode well all night and was unfortunate that he had Crump chasing him in the semi final.

Crump - As a Belle Vue fan rider of the night. As a speedway fan good last few rides but was beaten easily in his second and third rides.

Lindgren - Rubbish in his first two but sorted himself out for his final 3 rides.

Adams - Terrible gate off 4 in heat 1 then reeled off 4 straight wins. Poor showing in the final though.

Janniro - Good first ride then did nothing after that.

Kennett - Battled hard all night and deserved more than his 4 points.

Swiderski - Super second ride but was off the pace more often than not

Bjerre - A display of gating from Yogi last night. Made himself hard to pass when he got out in front.

Gjedde - Terrible. Simple as that.

Batchelor - Super second ride to keep Crump, easily, at bay. Tended to give up when behind though.

Davidsson - Good first ride but nothing after that. Fair play to him for giving it a go though.

Watt - Good solid performance from Davey. Gave it big handfuls out wide early on though....which was pretty pointless.

King - Battled hard all night. Came off a bit too easy in his first ride when under a bit of pressure from Iversen.

Schlein - Rider of the night for me. Great performance from RooBoy.

Bridger - Battled hard all night. Fantastic ride from him in heat 10.

Iversen - Not great to be honest. Expected more from PUK but wasn't gating well and passing was hard on that track.

Nice to meet 21st Century Heathen too....

Try getting the track right next time and you'll see some good stuff from the EL boys. Normally the curb works fine at Brum which creates good racing, yesterday it was too grippy out wide, making the white line useless.

It always is. The fastest line around PB is the middle of the track; anyone who tries to ride the white line will have the opposition riding round him!

Fair point I suppose but the only serious injury to a Brum rider at PB this year was caused by Kyle Legault hitting the fence on the straight, past where an air fence would have been and being struck by a following rider.

But I do get what you're on about.

My comment was in relation to visability not safety. The safety arguement has been done to death on numerous occasions, including a crash by crash analysis of the Brummies injuries of 2008 which concluded that an air fence wouldn't have helped us out one ha'peth. Do a search for the appropriate thread if you intend to pursue that arguement, as that's the more appropriate place for it.

It always is. The fastest line around PB is the middle of the track; anyone who tries to ride the white line will have the opposition riding round him!

Agreed, as anyone regularly watching Jason Lyons would testify.

Without a doubt the best I have ever seen Rory ride. A massive contrast to the timid guy Coventry had in the team at the start of the season. Sharp from the gate and when that did work knew the lines to ride to hastle the guy in front and pulled off a couple of good passes.

Crumpy did what he had to, Adams was typically Adams too. Only other rider to stand out was Lewis Bridger. A joy to watch, he was fast, smooth, in control and exciting. Lucky to stay on his bike in the one ride when he went for a gap and it closed up on him, just showing the talent he has to lock up and stay on when many other would have been in a pile up. If he continues to ride like that he CAN make it all the way, lets just hope he does not go back to riding like a twit again.

My comment was in relation to visability not safety.

Yes we are well aware of that ..you not wanting a airfence makes it a safety issue :rolleyes:

Edited by orion

Without a doubt the best I have ever seen Rory ride. A massive contrast to the timid guy Coventry had in the team at the start of the season. Sharp from the gate and when that did work knew the lines to ride to hastle the guy in front and pulled off a couple of good passes.

Crumpy did what he had to, Adams was typically Adams too. Only other rider to stand out was Lewis Bridger. A joy to watch, he was fast, smooth, in control and exciting. Lucky to stay on his bike in the one ride when he went for a gap and it closed up on him, just showing the talent he has to lock up and stay on when many other would have been in a pile up. If he continues to ride like that he CAN make it all the way, lets just hope he does not go back to riding like a twit again.

:shock: You sure that was lewis?? :unsure: First time for everything i suppose!

Yes, and wearing the Witch again I hope! Well done Roo..... we like it!! :app

Most of the bees fans hope he'll be wearing the witch again too .

a tough first bend from Lindgren,

He'll hurt somebody one of these days. Everytime I see him ride he's dangerous out of the gate and around the first corner.