British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Trees

Another Crap Ref Lol

Also, what are the implications if Scott or Chris do not qualify for next years GP's, and they are not invited as wild cards etc what effect will that have on the crowd turnout at Cardiff. Will it make a difference or if so will that not only affect IMG but the general atmosphere as an event in GB?

No chance of either one of them ever being World Champion. :rolleyes: So if they are not involved as regular competitors and only one of them as a wild card in Cardiff, it shouldn't affect the crowd too much.

Cue loads of you saying i won't go now. :lol:

Sorry Mate. Pc To Kc.

I thought I was in the wrong thread (don't they all seem to blend, like the GP's themselves ..) and reposted in another thread. :rolleyes:

Edit: Whilst I am here, I go along with the view that to exclude Nicholls was wrong. He was not pointing left at all and anyone who could not see that Holta did not turn right had sh$t in their eyes. :D

Well done Hans - you deserved the win tonight !

Agreed.

Edited by Squire

True Jacques he was, but had he won that, which was possible given his opponents we're just as much so 7 with a win would,ve put in a possible semi place given what Tomek did.

Chris as well was truly inept & just looking at him racing he seemed so tense & upright on the bike compared with the rest.

Well done to our new star, Hans Norgaard Andersen. The guys manner is so much more relaxed now he's got the monkey off his back.

Who is Tomek? Sorry, you have lost me there!

Who is Tomek? Sorry, you have lost me there!

Tomek is the popular nickname of Tomasz Gollob.

WELL its nice the brits work together in the GPS!! What was Chris H arris doing in holtas pits helping him with his bike after the clash?!! ALSO IN THE RACE WITH Scott, Harris looked for Scott for 2 laps forgetting all about KK and letting him through!! WORK TOGETHER LADS

A stone wall 'all four back' if ever there was one. I don't think we shall be seeing that referee on the GP circuit again.

A great GP however on a proper speedway track for once. Thank God it rained to provide some grip otherwise we may well have had a typically slick Ole Olsen track with little passing.

And well done Leigh Adams, a worthy winner.

Edited by Bagpuss

Always good to hear that you are carefully following the GP series

It's speedway, I love speedway and of course want to get my money's worth out of SKY every month ;)

Funny you say that though because I didn't watch the last GP at all and I only really watched bits of this one, I continue to maintain that there are tooooooooo many of them to make each one compulsive viewing.

It's speedway, I love speedway and of course want to get my money's worth out of SKY every month ;)

Funny you say that though because I didn't watch the last GP at all and I only really watched bits of this one, I continue to maintain that there are tooooooooo many of them to make each one compulsive viewing.

In Formula One Grand Prix racing there's one GP at least every two weeks. The same in many other motorcycle GPs. They are designed to create interest in the country where they are staged as well as providing an on-going championship. Why, then, are there too many GPs in speedway?

I must be in the minority i think he got it right.. Nicholls was pointing into Holta's lane and was in the inside before getting to the no longer used white line and they therefore clashed.. However i think all 4 back should have been called.

Your right right about being in the minority.

Agreed.

Typical

Ah well, did you know that Tomasz Gollob scored as many wins in Ht 18 tonight as your beloved global superstar has managed in - count them - 37 GP races this season?

Scotty never has and probably never will be a GP star,but is a better team player at league level.

No, either way I'd probably have called all 4 back. But if the situation were reversed and an exclusion were required, I'd have excluded Holta.

Easy to say that when it did'nt happen :P

For what its worth,the only decision should of been all four back.

Edited by hyderd

WELL its nice the brits work together in the GPS!! What was Chris H arris doing in holtas pits helping him with his bike after the clash?!! ALSO IN THE RACE WITH Scott, Harris looked for Scott for 2 laps forgetting all about KK and letting him through!! WORK TOGETHER LADS

what you mean like hans and nicki do!! :lol: its a gp, they're not meant to work together! they should be good enough to do it on their own, not have to hold each other's hand.

Edited by lisa-colette

Scotty never has and probably never will be a GP star,but is a better team player at league level.

Are you sure about that? Could you swear to it?

This is, after all, the global superstar who dumped on his Swedish team so he could concentrate on the GP circus.

Are you sure about that? Could you swear to it?

This is, after all, the global superstar who dumped on his Swedish team so he could concentrate on the GP circus.

Scott 'dumped' on his Swedish team because he was 'burnt out'. It might not be the honourable thing to do, but he is not the first to do it and neither will he be the last. It may not work, but at least he is trying to do something positive about the situation. Scott has often been accused of sticking with the same old things, at least he is giving it a go. He is well aware that the last few GPs of this year will probably determine whether he is in the series next year or not, you can't blame the lad for pulling out all the stops surely?

Yes I know you wont agree Sub, but in your eyes the 'global superstar' is to blame for most things isn't he? Why don't we blame him for the credit crunch too?

Edited by scotty2hotty

Yes I know you wont agree Sub, but in your eyes the 'global superstar' is to blame for most things isn't he? Why don't we blame him for the credit crunch too?

I thought that was Millard/Pearsons fault :blink:

Scott 'dumped' on his Swedish team because he was 'burnt out'.

And what, exactly, does that have to do with the price of noodles in Alama Ata? The erroneous point made by hyderd was that "Scotty...is a better team player at league level." My subsequent point about the global superstar dumping on his Swedish team merely blew that point out of the water.

Edited by Subedei

Excluded Nicholls when it should have either been all 4 back or an exclusion for Holta, where do they get these guys from!!! Makes the GP series a laughing stock! :neutral: hehe

Time for the FIM,Ole Olsen and the GP organisation to look at referees and where they get them from.Second time at least this year we have had a referee that clearly isnt up to the job,Carfiff was the other.Id like to see one ref for all GPs,Tony Steele maybe,he at least as proved to of sound mind unlike him last night.