British Speedway Forum

Viewing is good most places at Owlerton. Shame they took the seats out on the home straight and its not very steep here so in a large crowd if you are not very tall this could be a bit of a problem. Dont know if there's a prediction thread elsewhere or its been done to death earlier in this thread but my prediction is 1st Kevin Doolan, 2nd Ulrich Ostergaard, 3rd Tai Woffinden, 4th Andre Compton or Jason Doyle But Good Luck to Andre and i hope its a meeting fit to grace the quality line up. Personally i think its the best and most open for several years.

Got to agree with you that this is going to be one of the most open meetings for sometime, the are around 5 or 6 riders who could win, and then about another 5 or 6 could be spoilers.

Not very often I get excited about individual meetings, but this one certainly gets my mouthwatering, I just hope that it lives up to it.

Got to agree with you that this is going to be one of the most open meetings for sometime, the are around 5 or 6 riders who could win, and then about another 5 or 6 could be spoilers.

Not very often I get excited about individual meetings, but this one certainly gets my mouthwatering, I just hope that it lives up to it.

That's exactly how i feel about tomorrow . Weather forecast looks just about perfect too , few pints in the Crown then watching 16 of the best riders in the league on a big , fast track - what more could you want .

That's exactly how i feel about tomorrow . Weather forecast looks just about perfect too , few pints in the Crown then watching 16 of the best riders in the league on a big , fast track - what more could you want .

Nothing finer, and unlike the ELRC the rider will all turn up, I see you in the Crown tomorrow Paul.

Nothing finer, and unlike the ELRC the rider will all turn up, I see you in the Crown tomorrow Paul.

Hope to be in there about oneish , but i'll text you when i'm close .

What time do the gates open?

No idea , but with these big events it's usually pretty early . Would imagine it will be about one o clock

No idea , but with these big events it's usually pretty early . Would imagine it will be about one o clock

Gates open at 2.30, meeting starts at 4.

Will be in the pub next to the Sheffield Speedway car park watching Chelsea v Man U tomorrow then into Owlerton to (hopefully) see Mr BV win the PLRC. Great day ahead can't wait! I'm the bloke with the orange t-shirt on, say hello I don't bite!

they started work on the track straight after the dogs tonight at about half 10 with the tractor going round so hopefully the track will be in good shape!

the tavern on the 3rd bend as far as i know is open for tomorrow, so thats 3 bars open!

as of thursday they did not know the bar prices for tomorrow but it was suggested they would be weekend prices which is £2.50 a pint. £1.20 soft drinks etc.

theres also a stall selling pie and peas as far as i know. (aswell as the snack bar obv.)

the car park will fill up quick so i'd get there early!

normally when the carpark is full the stewards direct and park cars down livesy street behind the 1st and 2nd bend, and as far as i know theres been no problems with that in the past!

only 13hours to go!! :D

Edited by lilmisstiger

It will be great just to see who the ankle biter Barker picks a fight with in the pits at this meeting. My personal highlight was phil morris at birmingham. I suppose a dwarf can slay a giant sometimes, not very often though :lol::lol::lol:

Good Morning everybody, here in Sheffield the weather is sunny and warm, and it looks like we are in for a great meeting, may the best man win.

S6 2DE Owlerton England

10am 13°C Partly Sunny

Noon 16°C Partly Sunny

2pm 17°C Partly Sunny

4pm 17°C Partly Sunny

6pm 16°C Partly Sunny

8pm 14°C Mostly Cloudy

:DB):D

S6 2DE Owlerton England

10am 13°C Partly Sunny

Noon 16°C Partly Sunny

2pm 17°C Partly Sunny