British Speedway Forum

The racing wasnt that great but it was an enjoyable day, probably the biggest crowd i've seen at a British meeting this year besides Cardiff

Was my first PLRC meeting i enjoyed the day the weather was good which made a very welcome change the racing was ok. Well done to Tai a very worthy winner ( think i will give Sky a miss tonight though ). Was nice to catch up with other supportors as always. Just one thing spoilt the day and that was the mindless idiot or idiots who vandalized the Glasgow bus those guys had a long journey home and after a good day they come back to the bus to find it had been trashed hope who ever did it is feeling very ashamed of themselves but for some reason i dont think they will. :mad:

Well Done Tai a suberb and controlled performance. The Real Deal IMO. Classic style and effortless.

Great performance from Adrian and contributed greatly to the meeting, probably had the most passes on the day to get his points.Made it a great day out for the Berwick fans. He has been superb all season and now a genuine No1. Waite should make him the 1st signing for next season NOW.(but he wont) Was there strutting his stuff with Adrian though (he likes a little bit of the limelight me thinks).

Thought it was a good meeting, the racing wasnt the best at times it got much better as the meeting wore on. Tai deserved his win, fantastic performance. Bit disapointed with with Lyonsys performance theres no doubt breaking the tapes in his first ride proved costly. Although he looked slow all meeting, hasnt been at his best for a few weeks. The form of Bunyan surprised me as did Lawsons four last places before he finally won one.

Good to see such a big crowd even though it was a mad scramble to get out at the end. Also good to see some elite league fans making the trip, there not all bad :lol:

I must admit I was a bit concerned for Tai after his first couple of rides - well beaten by Bunyan in heat 1 and then again by Barker and Lyons in heat 7 although he was off the unfavoured outside gates.

I wouldnt be surprised if he changed bikes at this point because he was awesome from then on with the highlight being his sweep around Niemenen on the 1st and 2nd bends.

.....and then of course the final itself - perfect start from the inside and he was away....but worryingly Doyle started to reel him in on the last couple of laps but never really got close enough.

One disappointment was all the booing for Ben Barker - what has the lad done to upset everyone??????

Congratulations Tai - you are a real credit to Rye House Speedway - the first time we have ever won this competition!!!!

Rymel has been electric from gate 4 at the majority of tracks all season it is actually his favourite gate and was of the belief that he could power round the other riders, unfortunately it wasn't to be but 3rd place is a superb achievement for him, he has done the club and him self proud and that puts a stamp on a fine season and confirms to every one that he now is a " number 1 ". :approve:

So was Jacek Rempala a genuine number 1 last season? ;):P

After the first 2 rounds of heats the meeting did start to come to life, most rider had dodgy heats which just added to the meeting, especially to those of us without a programme who were trying to work out who had/hadn't done enough :D

Would I be right in saying that in 12 years only one non-Brit has won the PLRC? Carr, Cunningham, Wilson, Stonehewer, Compton, Wright and now Woffinden? (and only Cunningham a Southerner too). Where do I put my £1 on Adam Roynon for 2009? :D Shame Adam Shields won it in 2002.

Edited by SCB

So was Jacek Rempala a genuine number 1 last season? ;):P

After the first 2 rounds of heats the meeting did start to come to life, most rider had dodgy heats which just added to the meeting, especially to those of us without a programme who were trying to work out who had/hadn't done enough :D

Of course the near 2 point difference in average means nothing. :wink:

Of course the near 2 point difference in average means nothing. :wink:

Nearly 3 surely? And I don't think anyone needed yesterday to see Rymel is now a number 1. Fair play to him though, he was brilliant.

Would I be right in saying that in 12 years only one non-Brit has won the PLRC? Carr, Cunningham, Wilson, Stonehewer, Compton, Wright and now Woffinden? (and only Cunningham a Southerner too). Where do I put my £1 on Adam Roynon for 2009? :D Shame Adam Shields won it in 2002.

No you need to add Zetterstrom as well in 2006 - but 10 out 12 aint bad!!

I must admit I was a bit concerned for Tai after his first couple of rides -

Wonder if it was to do with the KFC he was tucking into only an hour before the meeting. :blink:

Not a bad meeting, shame the track was slick and therefore riders had to ride up to the fence to pace.

Cracking crowd, should pay for promoters holiday in Tenerife in November.

Well done tai and see if you can follow Loram to be the only rider to win the PLRC and world championship.

To be fair, I've tried to block both from my memory as I don't like either ;)

Wonder if it was to do with the KFC he was tucking into only an hour before the meeting. :blink:

And the top 3 were all in KFC after the meeting. We know what makes a good speedway rider now, KFC :shock:

Edited by SCB

Must admit i preferred the traditional format 5 rides top scorer wins anybody else agree?

No I think the format as it is is perfect. It gives riders who may have had a stinker in one race a chance to make a mends, just like Tai yesterday. Didnt make the best of starts but once he got going was great. If you are good enough, you would make the final.

No I think the format as it is is perfect. It gives riders who may have had a stinker in one race a chance to make a mends, just like Tai yesterday. Didnt make the best of starts but once he got going was great. If you are good enough, you would make the final.

Actually...Tai would have won after 20 heats yesterday anyway on countback ;)

But I prefer having a final anyway!