British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bandits4life

Bordinapolis 27/9/08

Cant believe this hasnt been started. Anyway the riders competing are:

Rory Schlein (Ipswich), David Howe (Wolves), Tomasz Piszcz (Birmingham), Chris Kerr (Redcar), Shane Parker (Glasgow), Carl Wilkinson (Scunthorpe), Mark Lemon (Reading), Trent Leverington (Glasgow), Peter Juul (Glasgow), Tero Aarnio, Scott Smith, Michal Makovsky (All Berwick).

a line up i cant get excited over, but there you go

Thoughts?

Edited by bandits_4_life

Cant believe this hasnt been started. Anyway the riders competing are:

Rory Schlein (Ipswich), David Howe (Wolves), Tomasz Piszcz (Birmingham), Chris Kerr (Redcar), Shane Parker (Glasgow), Carl Wilkinson (Scunthorpe), Mark Lemon (Reading), Trent Leverington (Glasgow), Peter Juul (Glasgow), Tero Aarnio, Scott Smith, Michal Makovsky (All Berwick).

a line up i cant get excited over, but there you go

Thoughts?

I think you answered your own statement

Cant believe this hasnt been started.

With this

a line up i cant get excited over

To me it seems ur bog standard Berwick individual with only Rory offered as summit different. No doubt be freezing, bout 145 people there and as much passing as the old road to Berrington Lough!

Edited by B52

PW is probably seen Meldrums Milestones line up and thought there is no point in having a top notch Bordernapolis but however there isnt a straight up winner jumping out at me so i think it could be a good meeting :)

I'd liked to have gotten down for this as my car passed its MOT today, but i'm not too flush at the moment so i'm just gonna hang on for Meldrums meeting and hopefully get down then!

PW is probably seen Meldrums Milestones line up and thought there is no point in having a top notch Bordernapolis but however there isnt a straight up winner jumping out at me so i think it could be a good meeting :)

Not a bad line up but £15 adult,£13 OAP/consessions will put some supporters off.Dont know when Waite will learn that its better to have more fans through the gate paying the same as any other saturday night than put up gate money every Bordernaplis,Ive seen the point in the past as we have had GP riders Crump,Adams,Anderson and Loram but theres hardly top class Elite League riders in this 1 with every respect to Schlien & Howe.Looked on the offical site and Waite says its the biggest meeting and will attract the biggest crowd of the season,is he in for a shock.Contrast this to Meldrums meeting in a few weeks where you have people organising it who want to put on a good meeting for an ex-Bandit and not screw the supporters.Rant over. :angry:

Not a bad line up but £15 adult,£13 OAP/consessions will put some supporters off.Dont know when Waite will learn that its better to have more fans through the gate paying the same as any other saturday night than put up gate money every Bordernaplis,Ive seen the point in the past as we have had GP riders Crump,Adams,Anderson and Loram but theres hardly top class Elite League riders in this 1 with every respect to Schlien & Howe.Looked on the offical site and Waite says its the biggest meeting and will attract the biggest crowd of the season,is he in for a shock.Contrast this to Meldrums meeting in a few weeks where you have people organising it who want to put on a good meeting for an ex-Bandit and not screw the supporters.Rant over. :angry:

Yes it is way too expensive! Heard today that David had lost one or two from his original line up with riders returning home, injuries etc? Think Glasgow charging similar on Sunday too?

Edited by Ellesmere Gunner

Yes it is way too expensive! Heard today that David had lost one or two from his original line up with riders returning home, injuries etc? Think Glasgow charging similar on Sunday too?

Yes Glasgow is also £15 , but have 16 riders which is over 20 heats , a semi-final and final - making 22 heats .

Yes Glasgow is also £15 , but have 16 riders which is over 20 heats , a semi-final and final - making 22 heats .

Dont mind paying extra for extra but at Berwick tomorrow supporters are being asked to pay more for less,12hts 1 semi-final and 1 final or £15 for 14hts. :mad:

Dont mind paying extra for extra but at Berwick tomorrow supporters are being asked to pay more for less,12hts 1 semi-final and 1 final or £15 for 14hts. :mad:

That's paying extra for less :shock:

It should be a tenner for Adults, simple as that. Sport is getting way too expensive given current economic climate.

Then no doubt there will be usual last minute call-offs! See no Rymel, Clews or Sike in line up and of course Franchetti in GP.

Edited by Ellesmere Gunner

It should be a tenner for Adults, simple as that. Sport is getting way too expensive given current economic climate.

Then no doubt there will be usual last minute call-offs! See no Rymel, Clews or Sike in line up and of course Franchetti in GP.

might just stay home and watch the gp :unsure:

Save my money for a 3rd week in a row.

might just stay home and watch the gp :unsure:

Might do the same,if I do go I normally tape GP but with Franchetti in it our wonderful presenter Mr. Barrie will no doubt give regular up-dates.

Clouded over this afternoon and light rain forecast.

Tero away in an ambulance for x-rays according to the official site, hope he's ok! :(