British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Defunct Speedway Website

right on Middlo. p.s. you have plenty of money, Reg just needed a leg up. if you had anymore ging al ay you wouldnt know what to do with it. Hey everybody, Middlo is flush, full stop. ten grand is a nite in bournemouth. :lol:

I wouldn't be so sure.Was it Middlo that was spotted the other week by the side of a German Autobahn near Gelsenkirchen trying to thumb a lift back to Dorset? :unsure::lol:

speedway riders, on the whole, dont make a lot of money. you will find very few nowadays who will stick a club for ten years. a testimonial is a recognition of service, a sign of gratitude, a bit like the proverbial gold pocket watch. to a rider, it is the ultimate gesture of thanks. in my opinion, Middlo has given his all to the Pirates, just like his Pop did, it is a family rite of passage. i think he knew from a certain age what he wanted to do and where he would end up. he was an extremely loyal servant to the Pirates. i cant blame him for feeling slighted. ;)

Middlo sounds like you have a valid point I'd be ticked off too-you were after my time but I recall your dad very well-look at it this way-I believe in karma-what goes round comes round, often in the most unexpected way. Get a Hindu god anyone will do-I like ganesha myself-and ask him for a favor-it worked for me!!!!!!!!!

personally i think it would be a nice gesture of Poole to give Middlo a testimonial again. that is what i would do if i was the current promoter. he deserves it. ;)

personally i think it would be a nice gesture of Poole to give Middlo a testimonial again. that is what i would do if i was the current promoter. he deserves it. ;)

Now that is a good idea. I reckon Middlo has just completed his 10th season as Team Manager so a good opportunity to right a wrong.

Now that is a good idea. I reckon Middlo has just completed his 10th season as Team Manager so a good opportunity to right a wrong.

Well, after everything is said and done, he really didnt get a Testimonial. Its a show of respect for service and loyalty. If anybody knows how to get in touch with Matt Ford they ought to mention it. I am sure many many racers would contribute as Middlo is well respected by them. I like Middlo, but that aside, fair is fair. He deserves it. ;)

Entrepeneaur???? not a word i would use for him.If he is so good at being an entrepeneaur ask him to use his entrepeneaurial skills to get my testimonial money which dissapeared while he was promoter at Poole.Then i would be impressed!!

Sorry to hear that Neil. I was aware of it at the time (who wasn't?) but didn't realise it was still unresolved.

Entrepeneaur???? not a word i would use for him.If he is so good at being an entrepeneaur ask him to use his entrepeneaurial skills to get my testimonial money which dissapeared while he was promoter at Poole.Then i would be impressed!!

I feel as owner of the site Reg is contributing to that I should respond.

Firstly Neil Middleditch has done so much for the sport, let me say well done Middlo and keep it up.

Reg Fearman also did so much for the sport, introduced new venues and chaired the BSPA. Reg is big enough to answer any criticisms but we think an Internet Forum is not the appropriate place to do that.

The original post on this this website was made to let speedway fans know that some of Reg's personal photo's and thoughts have been captured on the Defunct Speedway website, please have a look and let me (John) know what you think.

The Reg Fearman pages of The Defunct Website have Reg's Story, Jack Gate's 80th Birthday Party, Igor Plechanov's visit to the UK, The low down on Reading, Reg and Ivan Mauger, Alf Weedon's 80th Birthday and the life of Eric Chitty.

There is a lot more to come from Reg on these webpages so please visit the site and if you want to "speak" to Reg via the website, don't hesitate email me.

Edited by dantodan

Come on folks this is getting out of hand. Let's let any bygones be bygones its all history now anyway.

I agree 100% Iris--then it occurred to me on another subject-have there been any Jewish speedway riders(this from the guy who started the thread on gay speedway riders!!). I live in a Jewish area of Toronto and have many Jewish friends I was telling this one guy about speedway and he asked me that question-a reasonable question as there have been famous Jewish baseall players(Sandy Koufax and Hank Greenberg spring to mind) ditto soccer e.g. George Cohen of England.Can we get this away from personalities and intio this broader subject!! Any thoughts Norbold, starghost and other speedway historians..

fearman has ego wider than the atlantic ocean he seems to think all speedway fans are dumd ask and chandlers about the nights they spent i swanky hotels with (ladies) at pooles expense and where is chandler now fearman dont take us for fools

For all these comments i wonder how many have actually had contact with Reg Fearman. I can only speak as I find. whatever skeletons there may be in the closet, and if we dig deep we find them with everyone, Reg has done more than a lot of his comtempories in his continuing friendships to former riders. in Australia he is well thought of.

On a personal note I have found him always ready to answer questions and give advice. speedway promoting is a hard business and unless you have a view from the inside it is impossible to make a fair comment.

Who knows the full details of the Poole fiasco? we do not know both sides and who are we to judge anyway. both partics have made a great contibution to speedway its a shame the differences can not be resolved

Tony

Reg has been busy with his memoirs, there are now 3 webpages of his activities. His pages can be found here Reg Fearman

Wonderful site!

I always knew there used to be an old speedway track in Audenshaw, but never knew exactly where it was.

After reading the article I was thrilled to discover that it was at the former trotting track behind the Snipe Inn pub and especially so because my Grandfather was a harness racer (horses) at that same track.

You learn summat new every day. :D

Thanks for bringing your site to my attention.

The story of Slider Shuttleworth is pure gold.

And for those that have no idea of what I'm on about I've taken the liberty of posting this from the Audenshaw section;

Slider Shuttleworth

Old Slider Shuttleworth would be knocking on 90 now.

In his heyday-the late twenties and early thirties-Slider could always be relied on to bring the crowd to it's toes.

One of his favourite tricks when he rode in a big match was to keep a small balloon filled with red ink concealed inside his crash helmet.

If Slider was winning the ink stayed where it was, but if he lost the wily old warhorse would stage a hair-raising looking crash and clap his hand to his helmet thus bursting the balloon with the red ink.

The ink would then gush down Slider's face looking for all the world like blood.

Game to the last, the ancient ham would stagger blindly towards his machine giving vent to the most heart-rending groans of anguish.

And how the fans would cheer as Slider remounted and went chasing dramatically after his opponents. Somehow it always worked out that Slider stole the thunder...even if he lost!

Middlo,

Over the past few seasons I have seen a number of occasions when Reg Fearman has reacted to stories (whether they be in Backtrack or on the Speedway Plus website) and insisted on retractions or at least putting his side of the story.

Just wonder whether he has ever contacted you about your lost Testimonial monies?

Never ever spoken to me perhaps if he had the b*lls to i might not feel so bitter(yes i would!)just shows what kind of a person he is.