British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
davidba

Banks Olympique

What a joke :angry:

Almost tempted to say sod it. An extra £2 and the betetr rider being listed no longer in it, who's CVS kidding?

It peed it down right on schedule this morning, and then it cleared quickly to leave a blue sky by mid-morning. However, the next wet stuff is way ahead of schedule. It's was originally forecast to be a dry afternoon and evening but...

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/index.html

Ahem.

If Lewis Bridger is riding tonight then how can Wolves use him as a guest for Morten Risager in the relegation play-off at Monmore Green next Monday given that the seven day rule will apply?

Sues Unavailable at the moment so here goes.

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the updates site? If so, could you please either leave a message here or send me an email or pm.

Thanks

Ahem.

If Lewis Bridger is riding tonight then how can Wolves use him as a guest for Morten Risager in the relegation play-off at Monmore Green next Monday given that the seven day rule will apply?

The Olympique is an open meeting not an official fixture.

The Olympique is an open meeting not an official fixture.

If it's run under the jurisdiction of the SCB, which I presume it must be, then it counts under the 7 day rule.

There would be 'Open' meetings popping up left, right and centre else in order to give guests track time ahead of important meetings.

Raining quite heavily 2 miles from the track. Has been for past hour.

If it's run under the jurisdiction of the SCB, which I presume it must be, then it counts under the 7 day rule.

There would be 'Open' meetings popping up left, right and centre else in order to give guests track time ahead of important meetings.

I thought it was the 8 day rule and it only applied to the visiting team.

Raining quite heavily 2 miles from the track. Has been for past hour.

Looks like the fireworks may get wet, seriously why do we have to pay extra £2 for fireworks, I'd rather have no fireworks and save a couple of quid.

Looks like the fireworks may get wet, seriously why do we have to pay extra £2 for fireworks, I'd rather have no fireworks and save a couple of quid.

Just called ClubCall they are updating at 5pm with latest weather bulletin.

Just called ClubCall they are updating at 5pm with latest weather bulletin.

Latest weather is that in W'ton centre it's chucking it down. :angry:

Just about dried off from this now!One of those miserable experiences that makes you wonder why you bother, especially when being accosted by rabid teens by the bus station! Spent a fortune ona train back to london too as couldn't face staying in Wolves until my 10.40pm train.

Oh well i'm still mad enough to contemplate going again if this is being restaged this year.

Anyone know if they will try to restage?It said postponed not cancelled.

Trying to get enough riders together again may just be too much work at this time of the year!

I don't believe this will be restaged, alas. The Edinburgh relegation clash second leg is scheduled for next Monday, and the day after is the reserve date for that meeting. Would hardly be practical to book Olympique riders in for the Tuesday and then scrub it because the Monarchs match had been rained off!

Read your post yesterday, davidba, and hoped that the call-off had taken place before you set off but obviously not.